Indianapolis Colts
HectorRoberts

Jacoby and the future

It sucks to see Andrew go but what is the expectation for us now? Jacoby is our qb now, do we view him as a franchise guy, stop gap guy, or a complete bust and we find a new qb in next years draft.

I’m not sure we know that answer right now, but we are about to find out. Go Colts!

• Like 4

I think Jacoby will be better than people think.  Will he be Andrew Luck?  No.  Do I think they will have one of the top three picks in this draft as a result?  No.

• Like 4

Have to move on man, we have no choice. It is what it is. Die hard Colts fan right here, we will get though this crap. If Brissett doesn't get it done , let’s give Kelley a shot, he looked decent tonight.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Have to move on man, we have no choice. It is what it is. Die hard Colts fan right here, we will get though this crap. If Brissett doesn't get it done , let’s give Kelley a shot, he looked decent tonight.

If I can sit through Curtis Painter I can sit through Brissett or Kelly this year.

• Haha 3

My first instinct was to not post on this but while I was watching Luck's presser/hearing him talk about Brissett I just couldn't help but think about this year's expectations...

Honestly, my expectations aren't that high. I think I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised at this point. Interested to see how the team responds. I have all the confidence in the world in Jacoby as a leader, but as for the player? We'll see.

• Like 2

I don't live and die by what the Colts do.  Honestly if they get off to another 1-4 type start, I'll probably just check out for the rest of the season.  My patience with pro sports was already wearing thin and right now NFL football no longer feels exciting. There's more to life than spending half of my weekend watching mediocre football.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I expect from this team for a while.

• Like 2

I guess we need to at least give Jacoby this season to show us what he can do

• Like 1

I don’t know if JB is good enough to carry a bad team.  He’s probably good enough to manage the game & get us some wins though.  Maybe the best thing that can happen is that this becomes the Maniac’s team (ala Ray Lewis).  That would mean we’d perennially have a top rated defense & JB won’t have the pressure to carry the load (kinda like a young Brady did early on & got 3 quick Super Bowls).

Kelly is a NFL starter. If he can keep his head clean and out of trouble, he can lead the Colts to the Super Bowl. Check his history. He was set to start for Clemson ahead of Deshaun Watson.  He went to EMCC (yeah Last Chance U) and led them to a National Championship. Went to Mississippi and lead them to back to back wins over Alabama. If it wasn't for an injury in his senior year, Ole Miss may have had the opportunity to make the playoffs. He had better stats than Watson and Prescott. Less publicity. He would have been the starter in Denver if he hadn't got into trouble off the field that has lead to his suspension. Watching the highlights tonight made me think a little of Peyton with the stretch play.  I think he will be the starter by midseason. Especially if Jacoby misfires. I like Jacoby and Chad as QBs. I don't think there will be a great let down. Maybe 1-5 again, but the Colts will rebound. Next man up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm a bit skeptical about the 2020 QB draft class. I'm not sold on Tua and honestly the guy I like most is Jake Fromm from Georgia. Wonder if he could be had in the mid 1st round area. Or possibly early 2nd round. 

• Like 1

JB has a canon. He knows the playbook. The locker room LOVES this guy. He's a living, breathing story line and has a head coach that was the backup for a HOF. If ANYONE is perfectly suited for this crapstorm of a situation, it is JB being mentored and coached by Frank Reich. 

Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There once was a backup named Frank, 

Who stepped up with the Bills in the tank,

He then shocked the Bolts

Now he coaches the Colts

If Jacoby can win he’s to thank.

2F33F076-1A05-4698-9F66-687F0C172A5B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well we went from "We could get a 2nd round pick for Brissett" to "Jacoby is trash"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Well we went from "We could get a 2nd round pick for Brissett" to "Jacoby is trash"

I think we still win the AFC South.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

I think we still win the AFC South.

Dude Andrew was good but this has got me even more interested in watching the season. Let's see what this new starter can do. If we are as talented as we think we are we might just win the division. 

• Like 4

I think we can still win the division with JB. It’s not like the AFC south is that great. The Texans have issues and just lost their RB. We have to see what foles does. The titans don’t have a great QB situation. We will see what kind of leader JB is. He has had practice with this team since the spring. He has a ton of talent around him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Now he coaches the Colts

I used to be a big time Bills fan when Kelly and Reich were there.  I always had confidence in Reich when he stepped on the field.  Can't say I have the same feeling about JB just yet but I do have confidence in Reichs assesment of who Jacoby is so I am going to let things play out.  I just can't lay down on this season without a fight. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we can still win the division with JB. It’s not like the AFC south is that great. The Texans have issues and just lost their RB. We have to see what foles does. The titans don’t have a great QB situation. We will see what kind of leader JB is. He has had practice with this team since the spring. He has a ton of talent around him.

Even though I don’t think it will happen, your optimism is a nice light in this horrible tunnel of a night. Thanks for keeping my spirits up, even just a little bit

• Like 1

Its going to be a true test for Ballad, if Jacoby plays half decent we may end up with a medium range pick, possibly out of range of the best quarterbacks. I could see a possible trade in that situation, is there any good quarterbacks next year?

Every time the Colts are in a situation with a new QB I find myself even more interested in the games. I was when Andrew first got here for obvious reasons, but i have grown to think we have a top notch roster. What could Brissett do with a balanced roster? We saw him do ok without a ton of starting experience on a pretty depleted roster. 

Hes got experience. 

Hes got a team. 

Call me an optimist. But there is reason for it. 

• Like 4

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

Every time the Colts are in a situation with a new QB I find myself even more interested in the games. I was when Andrew first got here for obvious reasons, but i have grown to think we have a top notch roster. What could Brissett do with a balanced roster? We saw him do ok without a ton of starting experience on a pretty depleted roster. 

Hes got experience. 

Hes got a team. 

Call me an optimist. 

I feel the exact same way..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I feel the exact same way..

He knows the playbook, he has a relationship with the team, everything is in place for a graceful transition and he has no expectations on his shoulders. 

• Like 1

I'm right behind Jacoby! This is his chance, he is no Luck but he now has a chance to back up all the talk about him being a top 20 QB, this is his team and he is our QB all we can do is support him and the team through this.

His future is now in his hands.......no pressure!

• Like 1

The colts went from a top 5 qb to what the GM & coaches optimistically describe as a top 20 qb.  I love a Cinderella story and hope to see one but Cinderella was just a movie.  As was Cinderella Man, Rocky, and Rudy.  Colts took a huge hit today.  HUGE.  It's likely the start of a decade of mediocrity.  Going from Manning to Luck was a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot.  Sorry to rain on an already soggy parade. BTW, I look forward to being proven wrong. Go Colts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JB is a backup hes a pretty good backup but still a back up. I honestly hope we are picking in the top 10 the next 2 years get a great young stud in 2020 and hopefully a new QB in 2021. the 2020 QB class is not impressive to me.

Cain looked really good tonight. I hope him and JB can get some chemistry. 

30 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

JB is a backup hes a pretty good backup but still a back up. I honestly hope we are picking in the top 10 the next 2 years get a great young stud in 2020 and hopefully a new QB in 2021. the 2020 QB class is not impressive to me.

We have to good of a team to have that bad of a record to be picking in the top ten.

I just wish I could get a closer look at Kelly vs starting level defenders.  I'm not going to lie but the kid looks pretty damn good.  He's got a real nice arm, he's accurate, aggressive, poised, he's faster than Brissett, seems to have a good working knowledge of what's going on out there.  Also he seems to have a little bit of moxie about himself.  I'd really like to get a couple more looks at him because we might have something there.  He's a bit more than an Orlovsky or a Painter that much I'm certain of.  I don't think he's a scrub.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Now he coaches the Colts

In this hour of challenge......you did well, sir. Very well.

Well played and this is the best post I have read since "R" day was announced. 

• Thanks 1

Luck went 0-6 against the Pats and Brady.

Brissette won't become the next 0-6 Colts QB against them, so we are looking towards a bright future. 

10 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Nothing against the young man but he is not an nfl qb. Maybe 5-11 this year

So you truly believe coach Bill Belichick wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who didn’t belong in the NFL?

• Confused 1