Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Expect Jeff Saturday To Be Our Next Signing, At Least Hoping :)

chad72

I thought he had said something to the effect that when Manning left he would retire. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember where I heard/read that so it very well could be just rumor.

I heard him say in an interview 2 years ago that this past year was going to most likely be his last.

I thought he had said something to the effect that when Manning left he would retire. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember where I heard/read that so it very well could be just rumor.

lol you got some of it right but the crucial part wrong. He actually said he felt great at tye combine and didnt plan on retiring yet. If manning wasnt a colt, he laughed and said no I still wouldnt retire. I expect Saturday to probably sign with the colts or Manning's new team.

Id still like to see Pollack resigned (for cheap) and whether starting or not moved to his natural position at C.

At times he's played well at guard but he just never seemed like a good fit there.

I am torn on the idea of Jeff back. Part of me says yes and part of me says no he has declined just too much.

I am fine if he ends up on another team or stays here in the end.

Last year was one of his better years believe it or not. It just got lost in the train wreck that was the rest of the team.

Last year was one of his better years believe it or not. It just got lost in the train wreck that was the rest of the team.

Agree, I was not all that down on the o line last year despite the QB horror.

I am fine though in whatever decision Jeff makes in the end with this one.

I don't think he was a great run blocker, which is what I believe we are looking for. I doubt the FO is overly interested in him unless it's for a short, cheap deal.

You're probably right about him as a 'great' run blocker. But he makes up for that with his experience. Luck is going to need an experienced guy calling the line sets.

I believe Jeff will retire. Luck should not have a problem with a center other than Jeff because even Jeff would be new for him. I believe A. Q. Shipley will emerge as the starting C. Shipley is a smart athlete and a Remington award winner like Kirkpatrick. He is stronger than Kirkpatrick but a couple inches shorter. Also the Colts could draft Molk from Michigan who was this years Remington award winner. Would 3 Remington award winners competing for the C job on the same team be a record?

I think Jeff will either retire or follow Peyton to his new team for another year or two. Peter Konz would be a great pick at 34, or we could get David Molk out of Michigan, Michael Brewster out of Ohio State or Philip Blake out of Baylor in the middle rounds. If not we're gonna have to resign Pollak or start Kirkpatrick.