Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retiring Now What

As a chronic pain sufferer, I know it can really prey on everything in your life.   Think of a Quarterback who is often injured like a person who is being abused.   Pain permeates your every thought.   Believing your career can end on every play can infiltrate all your thoughts.

Don't be surprised if he changes his mind if he ever gets well and comes back at a later date..  

Go with Brissett for now, he is getting better and knows the offence.

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

If Brisket does well...Trade Out 2020...for 2021 Draft ammo for...Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson?

Noone is trading that pick. If you want Lawrence you have to go get the no. 1 pick by major year-long suckage on the field. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Noone is trading that pick. If you want Lawrence you have to go get the no. 1 pick by major year-long suckage on the field. 

This team is too good for major year long suckage on the field.  Ballard even said it yesterday.  We are a good young team and they really like Brissett.   Reich and Ballard have said it multiple times.  Anything resembling tanking or a major collapse could very well cost Reich his job.  No one wants that.  Rookies give you excuses.  Brissett is no rookie.  I actually think we can win the AFC south with Brissett.  It's going to be an interesting year for sure. 

• Like 1

If Brissett is a top half of the league guy, we should extend him mid-season.  You have to have a QB in this league to win, and they’re too hard to come by.  I’d still use a 2nd rounder for someone like Costello out of Stanford to ensure a decent backup/succession plan.. 

19 hours ago, stitches said:

I like Herbert best out of all of them, but IMO we will have to trade up to get either him or Tua. We might be able to get Fromm without trading up... or without giving up a ton to trade up. 

For what it’s worth I won a Super Bowl on Madden with Fromm today...

for the record that isn’t a serious endorsement of Fromm.

Who knows if there will be a 2021 draft?

the CBA is up after the 2020 season, and that will become a nightmare and a battle for getting the new CBA deal done, but it might cost the entire 2021 NFL season. 

So the talks about drafting a guy like Trevor Lawrence is premature right now, as the NFL wont have any draft in 2021 if theres no new cba.