Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Luck 4 president

Time to Tank for Lawrence

Recommended Posts

Lawrence not available until 2021.

 

Tua,  the kid from Georgia,  and Hebert from Oregon.

 

Those are the early Big-3 in the 2020 class.     Maybe someone else blooms late the way Mayfield did.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Right. Who wants to suck for two years?

The Browns have been doing it for many years. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Finch23 said:

Jacoby sucks, but he wont suck enough for Lawrence. 

Sure he will, its really just a matter of can we stomach it for 2 years?

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope after 6 weeks JB has us eating our words. We don't know. Team around him is a 180 from when he started last. He doesn't have to win it, he just can't lose it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The suck campaign has to have a nice ring to it though. You can't just suck for anybody. Suck for Lawrence doesn't work.

 

No no, it simply must be Tank for Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is talk about Trevor challenging the ruling in court about him being draft eligible in 2020 instead of 2021. odds aren't in his favor to win tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

there is talk about Trevor challenging the ruling in court about him being draft eligible in 2020 instead of 2021. odds aren't in his favor to win tho.

I don't want a QB that didn't finish college. Andrew Luck had a chance to finish and he didn't, same as Justin Herbert who is going to be in the upcoming draft, but sadly we won't have a good enough pick to take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The suck campaign has to have a nice ring to it though. You can't just suck for anybody. Suck for Lawrence doesn't work.

 

No no, it simply must be Tank for Tua.

Be lousy for Lawrence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I don't want a QB that didn't finish college. Andrew Luck had a chance to finish and he didn't, same as Justin Herbert who is going to be in the upcoming draft, but sadly we won't have a good enough pick to take him.

Luck did finish and graduate. That’s why he missed some of the rookie OTAs that year...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s see what JB can do before cutting his head off. We do have draft capital to move up for a QB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I don't want a QB that didn't finish college. Andrew Luck had a chance to finish and he didn't, same as Justin Herbert who is going to be in the upcoming draft, but sadly we won't have a good enough pick to take him.

 

Luck graduated from Stanford in 2012.   

 

Sorry.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 2:14 AM, NewColtsFan said:

 

Luck graduated from Stanford in 2012.   

 

Sorry.

 

 

On 8/25/2019 at 1:31 AM, csmopar said:

Luck did finish and graduate. That’s why he missed some of the rookie OTAs that year...

Oh sorry I must of had a typo, I meant did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, Stoney said:

there is talk about Trevor challenging the ruling in court about him being draft eligible in 2020 instead of 2021. odds aren't in his favor to win tho.

Trevor got the call from Ballard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, Stoney said:

there is talk about Trevor challenging the ruling in court about him being draft eligible in 2020 instead of 2021. odds aren't in his favor to win tho.

 

That rule was already challenged in court a while ago by Maurice Clarett.   He lost.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, IndySouthsider said:

Right. Who wants to suck for two years?

 

And by then TY & AC may decide to hang it up, other current players may have moved on to play for a winner and we'd be sitting there with an unproven young QB while in yet another rebuild.  I don't ever want us to be developing a young QB again without enough talent around him that he can't succeed.

 

Beyond that, no high draft pick is ever a sure thing.  Luck and RG3 were supposed to be generational talents and neither will live up to full expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is too good to tank.   Worst will be 6-10.   Best 10-6.    6-10 will net them the 7-10th pick in the draft.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

This team is too good to tank.   Worst will be 6-10.   Best 10-6.    6-10 will net them the 7-10th pick in the draft.  

Thats enough for guy like Fromm at least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very very slight, barely visible silver-lining - we are playing a very hard schedule this year. 6-10 or even 5-11 isn't too hard to imagine, IMO. 

 

Like we've seen many times before, we will appreciate just how good Luck was when he's gone and we have to compare what he used to give us with what a player like Brissett, who many think is a top 30QB, can give us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stitches said:

A very very slight, barely visible silver-lining - we are playing a very hard schedule this year. 6-10 or even 5-11 isn't too hard to imagine, IMO. 

 

Like we've seen many times before, we will appreciate just how good Luck was when he's gone and we have to compare what he used to give us with what a player like Brissett, who many think is a top 30QB, can give us. 

I don't think having a losing record is a silver lining.   We have lots of good young players.  I won't root for losing until we are out of playoff contention.  It's not like the season before we drafted Luck.   The team was bad at that time.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s see what JB can do before cutting his head off. We do have draft capital to move up for a QB.

Totally agree...… I may be in the minority with this point of view ( And some may think I am dumb ) but I will give up on this season when I see some of our players like Nelson or TY or Darius Leonard give up on the season .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't think having a losing record is a silver lining.   We have lots of good young players.  I won't root for losing until we are out of playoff contention.  It's not like the season before we drafted Luck.   The team was bad at that time.   

It's better to be out of the playoffs at 5-11 than to be out of the playoffs at 8-8 with our QB situation right now. I really REALLY fear we will choose to tie ourselves to mediocre QB long-term. This would be much worse outcome than having a 5-11 season and being in good position to get our next QB in the draft. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to trust Ballard on this one. This is really how to earn your paycheck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players reaction to Brissett today says it all. They are excited to see what he can do. They love  him and that is half the battle. In a weird way this removes the uncertainty of Luck and the team can move forward. It actually might help them get more focused now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's better to be out of the playoffs at 5-11 than to be out of the playoffs at 8-8 with our QB situation right now. I really REALLY fear we will choose to tie ourselves to mediocre QB long-term. This would be much worse outcome than having a 5-11 season and being in good position to get our next QB in the draft. 

Yes, but Brissett is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs.   It could happen.  Also, a drafted QB could fail.  I think some fans are spoiled in thinking a Colts QB drafted in round one will be a Luck/Manning type.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, but Brissett is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs.   It could happen.  Also, a drafted QB could fail.  I think some fans are spoiled in thinking a Colts QB drafted in round one will be a Luck/Manning type.   

If Brissett is good enough to get us to the playoffs this year he might be good enough in the long-run and I might be OK with keeping him. The problem is I don't think he's good enough to do it... but oh well... like I said in another thread - I'm willing to give him the full season to prove one way or another. I just don't want to be stuck in the middle. 

 

You are right people are spoiled around here with Manning/Luck type of generational QB play. I don't expect that. I don't think it's realistic to expect that from a draft pick. I think our goal should be acquiring a QB who is good enough to take us to the SB in due time. You don't need to be generational type of player to do that. Darnold/Mahomes/Watson are the types I'm thinking about - none of them were thought of as generational types and their teams traded up to get them. We need to be in position to be able to trade up for a player we've scouted and identified as a player with good enough traits/skill profile that our coaches will be able to develop into a winning QB.

 

Of course nothing is guaranteed in this game... but I would prefer not guaranteed, but very possible high end QB over a guaranteed mediocrity at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all don't know if JB balls out or a new drafted qb will be the deal. Maybe it's Chad Kelly?! 

I remember a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and did quite well at qb(i admit, even we don't like that guy) .... And then there was that other guy (you can insert more than one name here) that got drafted 2nd (or 1st)overall and barely couldn't throw a stone into the water standing right at the beach..... 

I think tanking isn't the right thing to do. To get your franchise qb, you have to be lucky. And we have to trust CB. I do.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The players reaction to Brissett today says it all. They are excited to see what he can do. They love  him and that is half the battle. In a weird way this removes the uncertainty of Luck and the team can move forward. It actually might help them get more focused now.

If nothing else the team will be able to practice with their starting QB now - should allow good cohesion over having a guy that only practices part time.

 

BTW - does anyone know if Brissett or Kelly likes to snowboard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...