Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread

It’s clear his heat isn’t in it anymore. Good thing we have JB. What a horrible thing to do to the team though.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow...hope this isn't true.  But if it is...always felt like he didn't really love the game and had other interests.  Would be a shame for our franchise.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s clear his heat isn’t in it anymore. Good thing we have JB. What a horrible thing to do to the team though.

Marital stress.  Having kids weighs you down, lol.

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Can Andrews play another position?  I like Boehm to back up at G & C.

I liked Boehm last year when he was backing up Kelly but he's been bad himself this Summer. That's why Andrews has been starting over him.

Luck is officially the Indy version of Bert Jones if this happens.  Manning was the Indy Unitas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I liked Boehm last year when he was backing up Kelly but he's been bad himself this Summer. That's why Andrews has been starting over him.

Wow, didn't know he took a step back.  Thanks for that.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck is officially the Indy version of Bert Jones if this happens.  Manning was the Indy Unitas.

I’ve thought that recently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wow...hope this isn't true.  But if it is...always felt like he didn't really love the game and had other interests.  Would be a shame for our franchise.  

This is horrible to say, but I had a bad feeling when he got married and his wife got pregnant. I could tell he wanted to focus on his family... which is totally his perogative, but I knew we had lost him then. :Cry:

• Sad 1

UH folks this is starting to look real .>>>>>>>

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 16s16 seconds ago

Copy link to Tweet

Embed Tweet

After battling injury after injury, the word is that #Colts QB Andrew Luck was simply too worn down to continue. And so he abruptly retires at age 29. Jacoby Brissett is the new QB of the Colts.

12 replies 46 retweets 122 likes

Phillips was quiet last game wasn't he?  Making a better showing here late.

We gave the greatest QB prospect since Manning & Elway Grigson & Pagano to work with...  If he is done that will be the legacy left...

I’m at game right now:...... Colts  D  an offense lucking like hot garbage right now......3-4 stringers..what do you do?

Just now, Smoke317 said:

We gave the greatest QB prospect since Manning & Elway Grigson & Pagano to work with...  If he is done that will be the legacy left...

Kind of hard to argue with that, honestly.

Just now, HOZER said:

I’m at game right now:...... Colts  D  an offense lucking like hot garbage right now......3-4 stringers..what do you do?

lol...who cares??

Did you hear the ESPN rumor about Luck retiring?

Time to start looking at next years QB's in the draft and see who we could use all of our draft capital to move up and draft.....

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Will they mention it on the air??

No.  Gonna be a press conference tomorrow. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

HAHA....Walker's first pass.:lol:

I can't help but feel bad for the guy.

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

Time to start looking at next years QB's in the draft and see who we could use all of our draft capital to move up and draft.....

Unfortunately I think the year after is the real QB year.  I think Lawrence & Fields both have star potential.

Man, gotta give credit to the Bear's receiver for that TD...the defensive guy made a great play, but the receiver still came up with the ball :(

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Unfortunately I think the year after is the real QB year.  I think Lawrence & Fields both have star potential.

We still have JB for one more year.  Now we have to think about extending him.  Geez...this is bad on so many levels.

• Like 1

Chad Kelly may be the Colts starter by season's end if he can keep his nose clean.  He reminds me of Luck maybe he won't be quite the head case.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We still have JB for one more year.  Now we have to think about extending him.  Geez...this is bad on so many levels.

Whoever said "gut punch" said it all. I thought it was some sort of bad joke. No words that are fitting for a family forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

The more I think about this, the madder I get....I have lost all respect for Luck, no longer a fan at all!

I don't take it so personally.  Have no idea what is going through his head and body.  he has to make the best decision for he and his family.

As a Colts fan, though, it's the worst case scenario.  Completely bumbed about it.  Going to be tough to go to sleep tonight, but the sun will shine in the morning...

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Wow...if Luck retires that would just be crazy...I hope it's nonsense.

I hope so too. But if it is nonsense, media folks sure have bought into it.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If you live in Indiana 212-2 doesn’t work and Sunday Ticket doesn’t cover Preseason

Its 212-1 , and it worked for the NE game (of course).

im a are sunday ticket doesnt cover preseason.  Ive had it since 1998.

Colts management might make a trade or acquire a QB again from the waiver wire after the final cuts 53 like they did to Jacoby Brissett from the Patriots a few seasons ago.