Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread

Another NFL Preseason Game Night, Colts fans!  :)  A battle of  0-2  teams  seeking their first win in the 2019 NFL preseason play in Circle City, as the Chicago Bears come south on Interstate 65,  to play our Indianapolis Colts in both teams first preseason meeting in four years. 

Chad Kelly and Phillip Walker are the only other Colts quarterbacks available,  both listed in the training camp roster, and the team depth chart, probably available to play tonight, since neither Jacoby Brissett or Andrew Luck will play for the rest of the preseason.

This situation reminds me when the Colts  had a shortage of QB's in the 2015 season finale,  when Andrew Luck, Charlie Whitehurst, and Matt Hasselbeck were sidelined and placed on injured reserve.when Josh Freeman and Ryan Lindley both signed the week prior,  both led the Colts for their 30-24 win over the Tennessee Titans at LOS on January 3, 2016.

A familiar face to see on the visitors sidelines is  the Bears Defensive Coordinator, Chuck Pagano, hired in the off-season by Chicago.  Pagano also returns to Indianapolis, where was the Colts Head Coach from 2012-2017.  Pagano produced a 56-46 regular season record in his five years as the Colts Head Coach between 2012 through 2017,   Pagano also led the Colts with three straight playoffs with 11-5 regular season records from 2012 to 2014,  AFC South Division Titles in 2013 and 2014, and an AFC Championship Game appearance (Lost to Patriots 7-45).

Indianapolis and Chicago are playing their 16th all-time preseason game, with the Colts leading the all-time preseason series between the teams at 9-5-1.  Colts defeated the Bears in both teams  last preseason game, and visit to LOS by the score of 23-11 back on August 22, 2015.

Indianapolis also  currently leads the all-time regular season series at 23-11, including  winning Super Bowl XLI over the Bears, their only playoff win  over Chicago.  Colts also defeated the Bears, winning 29-23, during both teams last regular season meeting also played at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building),  back on October 9, 2016.

Colts may play the Bears at Soldier Field, when the AFC South teams play the NFC North teams during interdivisional play in the 2020 NFL regular season.

Colts defeated the Bears  29-17 in Super Bowl XLI, during  the rainy, and then-named at the time, Dolphins Stadium At Miami Gardens, back on February 4, 2007.   The 2006 Colts team that finished 12-4 during the regular season were lead by  Head Coach Tony Dungy, and Super Bowl XLI MVP  QB Peyton Manning.

LOS's retractable roof might be open for tonight's 7:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because the local gamecast around the stadium area is 75 degrees, 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and  east/northeast winds at 11 miles per hour.

Great luck to all the Colts and Bears players, especially the backup players and reserves, as they continue to audition during their  training bears-week-3-camp, and the preseason games, on trying to make the cut to the final 53.

NO injuries, GO Blue Horseshoe, Win Your First Preseason Game, And Home Game In Your 2019 NFL Season, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!     :cheer:   :coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo: . :cheer::rock::D

https://colts.com/news/bears-week-3-preseason-preview

https://colts.com/game-day/2019/pre/bears-at-colts/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019082452/2019/PRE3/bears@colts

https://indystar.com/sports/colts

https://chicagobears.com/news/pagano-expects-an-emotional-return-to-Indy

• Like 5

Thanks for opening the thread, LOS!

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Chucks's return to Indy.  I hope he is well received.

Hopefully Kelly gets the start and plays the first half with the 2's.  I want to see him with a higher caliber level of players.  Bubble guys should get a lot of playing time these next two games.  Hope they all play well.

NO INJURIES for either team tonight!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks for opening the thread, LOS!

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Chucks's return to Indy.  I hope he is well received.

Hopefully Kelly gets the start and plays the first half with the 2's.  I want to see him with a higher caliber level of players.  Bubble guys should get a lot of playing time these next two games.  Hope they all play well.

NO INJURIES for either team tonight!

No injuries hopefully and hopefully a cleaner game than last week penalty wise and not a lot of crap calls from the refs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No injuries hopefully and hopefully a cleaner game than last week penalty wise and not a lot of crap calls from the refs.

Agree.  Last weeks game gave new definition to "flag" football, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  Last weeks game gave new definition to "flag" football, lol.

It was absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will be shocked if he doesn’t return to practice Monday.

"Overanalysis"

How ironic. Because thats literally what every news outlet has been doing all summer.

Kenny Moore having his wrist in a cast does not sound good. Hopefully Reich will address that after the game. That very easily could keep him out of game one or more.

Chad Kelly gets the start and he gets a huge gain to Cox on the first drive.

Kelly gets the start.  Does this mean Walker is outta here in another week?

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Kelly gets the start.  Does this mean Walker is outta here in another week?

After Week 2.

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

After Week 2.

Yep.  What I'm hoping for.  Means we have to have 3 QB's, though.

Apparently rock is not playing either and is not on the sidelines. If Moore misses games Wilson will be in the slot.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will be shocked if he doesn’t return to practice Monday.

A reporter should really convey thoughts more clearly than this.

i have no clue what he just said.... or meant.

LAZY!

• Like 1

The third Preseason game used to be the game where most of the starters played 2 or 3 quarters....has all that changed now throughout the league, or is this just something Frank does to protect players?

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

The third Preseason game used to be the game where most of the starters played 2 or 3 quarters....has all that changed now throughout the league, or is this just something Frank does to protect players?

Frank & a couple others.  I expect preseason to be reduced in the near future. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It could be worse. The poor Texans.

I seen that on one of the tvs showing the Texans game. That sucks.

Ware missed that block.  Kelly facing some adversity now.  Good for him.  Let’s see how he adjusts.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Ware missed that block.  Kelly facing some adversity now.  Good for him.  Let’s see how he adjusts.

He just got smoked. 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yep.  What I'm hoping for.  Means we have to have 3 QB's, though.

We may need to keep 3 QBs this year because there is a higher chance that Andrew will get hurt again...we don't want to get stuck with Brissett plus Walker or a street walk-in...better if we have someone with talent who knows the system like Kelly...it is a small investment to make putting QB3 on the 53 considering what an important asset he is compared to that 6th WR or whoever.

Actually, there a quite a few teams who are considering keeping 3 QBs.

• Like 1

In as watching it and i thought i noticed something odd, so i re-wound and watched again.  It was obvious.  The nitwit  annoncers were too busy to even notice he went down.  They are so full of hearing their own voices that they dont watch the game.