Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Sunday TIcket Ad

He really really needs to be careful walking around with all those pancakes blocking his view, or horseplaying while washing that vehicle, he could fall and hurt himself!!!!!!!! WTH are they thinking????My goodness!!!!:thmdown:

:sarcasm: :banana::rock:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

About the only time I watch commercials in when the Colts, Chiefs, Aces, Tigers, Cubs or other sporting events are on

That's why I refuse to go without DVR.  I record the games and start watching after about an hour and a half so I can skip through all the commercials :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CR91 said:

Ill say it before the trolls do, "he can do a commercial, but he can't practice!!!!!!! Bust!!!! Get rid of him!!!!! Tank for Tua.

Hows that?

You read my mind CR91 with just the perfect pinch of in your face sarcasm too. I knew there was a reason I liked you man. :rock:

Seriously, all these sports commentators slamming Chewbacca's injuries like he's on his deathbed are beginning to royally tick me the bleep off. Even dudes I listen to a lot like Colin Cowherd & Jason Whitlock on FS1.

I was ready to smack Joy Reid on TV a few days ago buddy. It's getting ridiculous bro. Truly unreal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As far as the ad itself goes, I get a kick out of Andrew's nerdy persona. He's a natural at it. I just like goofy, unorthodox people I guess. I've always had an affinity for them mostly because I'm cut from that same cloth myself. LOL! 

For the life of me, I don't why Mr. Irsay said that bone bruise comment. Sigh. Love ya Jimmy, but why on earth did you say that? Sometimes, silence is the best approach. Just saying.

• Like 2

Since the backdrop of that commercial used "More than a feelin' by Boston, I always wondered how much money band's make off of their songs royalty wise? Of course, that song was released off their 1976 album which is probably public domain territory by now though. 

I wish somebody would do a documentary on artists royalty checks. How long can bands get money off of popular singles? I've always been fascinated by stuff like that. 

Plus, it would be so cool to earn money yrs after your group was filling stadiums by just sitting on your duff doing nothing. We should all be so lucky right?

• Like 1

I guess what bothers me the most is how much glee some sports personalities seem to get about pointing out Luck's injury history. That's the impression I get anyway. Like they forget he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year last season. SMH. 

And yet, somehow the Dallas Cowboys-- who haven't won a SB since 1995 are propped up like they are the defending Lombardi Trophy Champions by the majority of the media. It makes me sick & always makes my blood boil man. 

And another thing...Stop treating the Patriots like they invented football or something. Like nobody won any hardware since 2001 okay. New England this, Tom Brady that, enough already...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic: When my Colts pulverized the Cowboys past season I was elated man. God, it was exhilarating! 

I roared with laughter when Shannon Sharpe said on "Undisputed" Did you hear about the new cologne called Dak Prescott? It's what you put on to go out to the clubs & don't wanna score? Bah! Ha! Ha! 

I loved it because Skip Bayless detested it & he always undermines Luck's accomplishments/victories on the field in game action. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Since the backdrop of that commercial used "More than a feelin' by Boston, I always wondered how much money band's make off of their songs royalty wise? Of course, that song was released off their 1976 album which is probably public domain territory by now though. 

I wish somebody would do a documentary on artists royalty checks. How long can bands get money off of popular singles? I've always been fascinated by stuff like that. 

Plus, it would be so cool to earn money yrs after your group was filling stadiums by just sitting on your duff doing nothing. We should all be so lucky right?

It just depends on who “owns” the song

Example: Tony Orlando and Dawn get nothing for “Tie a Yellow Ribbon”

Some people can say whatever they want about Luck but his resume has been very good in his career/borderline great.

=53-33 as a starter in the regular season.

=4-4 in the playoffs, with an AFC Title game appearance (2014).

=Still holds the record for most passing yards for a rookie (2012).

=1 of only 9 different QB's to throw for 40 or more TD's in 1 season (2014).

=Comeback Player of the Year (2018).

He is just now entering his prime which is funny. Luck has more playoff wins than QB's like Warren Moon and Tony Romo and only 1 less than Phillip Rivers who has played 8 years longer to keep things in perspective. By the way Warren Moon is a HOFamer and Rivers will be as well IMO. Romo probably won't be but he was very good.

• Like 1