Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Smonroe

No Blowouts!

We’ve been blown out of at least one or two games every year in the post Manning era.  

I’d like to have one season where we didn’t get blown out of any game.  Is this the year?

Okay, that’s my simple rant for the day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The Colts did not get blown out of any game last season.

• Like 3

We were in every game last season except maybe the Pats game, and we played them better than we have in years... And I think we match up better this season with them than we ever have. 

• Like 1

We did blow out the Cowboys tho. Big fat ZERO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

We were in every game last season except maybe the Pats game, and we played them better than we have in years... And I think we match up better this season with them than we ever have. 

The team that played the Pats was really injured.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coltsva said:

The Colts did not get blown out of any game last season.

Jets and Pats.  

Point being, our depth was poor last season.  I think we’re pretty deep this year.   

• Thanks 1

IF this defense stays healthy, there is a pretty good chance we will be in every game until the end.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

We’ve been blown out of at least one or two games every year in the post Manning era.  

I’d like to have one season where we didn’t get blown out of any game.  Is this the year?

Okay, that’s my simple rant for the day.  

We were not really blown out until that loss to the chiefs last years playoffs.

46 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We were not really blown out until that loss to the chiefs last years playoffs.

Depends on your definition of a blowout.  IMO both the Jets and Pats game we’re blowouts.  

No question on the Chiefs game.  

Again, all those were because of non quality depth.  I really think that’s been addressed.  Which is why I’m calling for none of that this season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Depends on your definition of a blowout.  IMO both the Jets and Pats game we’re blowouts.  

No question on the Chiefs game.  

Again, all those were because of non quality depth.  I really think that’s been addressed.  Which is why I’m calling for none of that this season.  

Jets game we lost by 8 points not a blowout pats game 14 points wouldn't have been a blowout if our recievers didn't drop like 10 passes.

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Jets and Pats.  

Point being, our depth was poor last season.  I think we’re pretty deep this year.   

They lost the Jets game by 8 points. Granted it was a garbage time td and we played poorly, but I wouldn’t call that a blowout 

13 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

They lost the Jets game by 8 points. Granted it was a garbage time td and we played poorly, but I wouldn’t call that a blowout 

True. This is a blowout.......

2. Jan. 4, 2002

Colts lose to the Jets 41-0 in playoff rout 

• Thanks 1

Pats game was a 7 point game in the 4th quarter. Lost by 14. That’s not a blowout.

Jets game lost by 8. Thats not a blowout. 

Chiefs game, maybe, but it felt more like we were helpless and inept as opposed to getting blown out. 24-13 in the 4th quarter is still not what I consider a blowout. 

In 2013 playoffs down by 28 in the 3rd quarter. Now that’s a blowout. Oh, wait...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Pats game was a 7 point game in the 4th quarter. Lost by 14. That’s not a blowout.

Jets game lost by 8. Thats not a blowout. 

Chiefs game, maybe, but it felt more like we were helpless and inept as opposed to getting blown out. 24-13 in the 4th quarter is still not what I consider a blowout. 

In 2013 playoffs down by 28 in the 3rd quarter. Now that’s a blowout. Oh, wait...

Even the Chiefs game wasn't terrible. We just dug to big of a hole by Half. Now the 2014 AFC Title Game that was a blowout and terrible lmao .

• Like 2

That 62 to 7 smack down the saints gave us in 2011 was a blowout 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Yeah I've used that game to be a good excuse for getting blackout drunk for a lot of years...  LOL

About the time I gave up on Grigs./Pigano...

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even the Chiefs game wasn't terrible. We just dug to big of a hole by Half. Now the 2014 AFC Title Game that was a blowout and terrible lmao .

Going down 38-10 prior to the comeback was awful. :(

I don't think we'll be seeing any opponent blow us out this upcoming season though, the defense will surprise some folks. Yeah we're going up against more elite QBs, but that also lets us see what this secondary is made of.....and I think they're up for the challenge. The acquisition of Justin Houston and the possibility of Turay breaking out got me excited to watch our D-line. 

I see so many Patriots fans ridiculing us for our game against them last season when they forgot we had half of our roster on IR and still made it a 1 score game in the 2nd half. That game also happened at a time where our team was adjusting to a new scheme. I really like our chances against them compared to when the two stooges were at the helm of the franchise.

• Like 2

I wouldn't put any stock in blowouts. A loss is a loss.

3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

I wouldn't put any stock in blowouts. A loss is a loss.

Agreed, but to me a loss in a game that we were in the entire time shows something.  It may be harder to accept but it means the team is about as talented as their foe.

IMO, we weren’t really ever in the Pats or Jets game, and certainly not in the KC game.  

Still, last season was the closest we’ve been to being competitive in every game since the Manning era.  

Who cares. Really. The Patriots got blown out by the Titans, the Jaguars and the Lions last year, but still won the trophy. 

If we'll win 12+ games but will be blown out by 120-0 in the remaining four, I'll be happy. Especially, if we end up winning the Lombardi after that lol. :D

I can’t promise I won’t have any blow outs this year, I LOVE Spicy food, the hotter the better..........oh wait, no blowout losses.....I’ll just show my self out.......

turn around gtfo GIF

• Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Smonroe said:

Agreed, but to me a loss in a game that we were in the entire time shows something.  It may be harder to accept but it means the team is about as talented as their foe.

IMO, we weren’t really ever in the Pats or Jets game, and certainly not in the KC game.  

Still, last season was the closest we’ve been to being competitive in every game since the Manning era.  

One or two blowouts happen- not that the coach would be tough the next day.

As to the other games you mentioned the colts just didn't have the horses (no pun intended) more than a blowout.