Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dungy on Luck

Coltsfan0112

At the 6:00 minute mark he explains things on Luck. Dungy makes it seems like the Colts are going to have to rely on Brissett for a bit. He does mention that the healing could come at anytime but the way he talks makes it seem like Luck won't be ready for week 1.  Take it with a grain of salt.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Article is about how he's prepared mentally and how he's done walk throughs. Nothing new. Who's to say he will or will not play. I sure do hope he does play. It just sounds odd how Dungy said they're going to have follow Brissett for a bit. My gut says he does play week 1 so let's pray. Just find it really odd how he basically thinks Brissett will have to carry the team for a bit.

Everyone wants to hang on every word. I could even dissect Reich in his press conference today making it look like he will play. He said If Luck doesn’t practice next week they will have to revisit who starts week one. That sure sounds like they expect Luck to start. Also with luck doing those drills in public that would make him look really bad if he didn’t play.

I agree. I do believe he plays. I said i take it with a grain of salt. I do believe Dungy is speaking his opinion and what he's been told which I find it odd. I do believe if Dungy thought luck would play week 1 he would of said he will mostly likely be out there but not 100% or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

Always listen to Dungy. He’s very wise and more often right than wrong.  However his point is that nobody knows what’s going on with Lucks injury and they said they won’t play him if there’s any doubt so the team should be prepared to win with Brissett until Luck can go.  

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If luck doesn’t go after those drills people will be calling him soft even more then they do now. To them looking at that video it looks like a guy who should be out there practicing.

JMV said this verbatim on his show the other day, & it's pretty hard to disagree.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

JMV said this verbatim on his show the other day, & it's pretty hard to disagree.

Unless you're one of the Colts front office, medical staff or trainer.  These guys have a lot more information than JMV does so frankly, who cares what JMV (or whoever the "them" are that Chloe mentioned) said?

image.png.7fd05ef1b6e0bb1c947de7ab6569df06.png

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

Unless you're one of the Colts front office, medical staff or trainer.  These guys have a lot more information than JMV does so frankly, who cares what JMV (or whoever the "them" are that Chloe mentioned) said?

I think point is Luck is smart. He knows what it would look like if he didn’t play week one after doing that. That’s why I think he plays. No way he would of done that in public because be knows the criticism he would get if he doesn’t play.

7 minutes ago, J@son said:

I'd love to think that they do, but the Colts medical staff, front office, & trainers didn't even know what Luck's injury was until last week, so I honestly don't know how much more info they have than JMV at this point. Seems like it might be a wash.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think point is Luck is smart. He knows what it would look like if he didn’t play week one after doing that. That’s why I think he plays. No way he would of done that in public because be knows the criticism he would get if he doesn’t play.

If Luck is truly smart, and I believe he is, then he won't care "what it would look like" and he'll be more concerned about whether or not playing would or could further exacerbate his injury. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, csmopar said:

Maybe maybe not. But again, why let Luck do pre game warm up drills publicly if he’s still rehabbing& won’t play?

My question is that if he can do those drills, and it's a calf/ankle problem. . . What can't he do that would prevent him from playing in a game?  

I mean the only other things I can think of is get hit and run.  

I am hoping that this is an injury that wouldn't keep him out of a meaningful game.  But it's hard to say, they don't give us much to go on.  

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'd love to think that they do, but the Colts medical staff, front office, & trainers didn't even know what Luck's injury was until last week, so I honestly don't know how much more info they have than JMV at this point. Seems like it might be a wash.

Do you really honestly believe that?  I don't for a second.  It seems far more likely that the injury has evolved since it was first diagnosed.

I truly think it is a stress fracture that happened on that second day he practiced. He was really bad that day and that is day the ankle pain was mentioned. It makes sense that if he had a calf strain and the ankle was always troublesome that could happen. Just my opinion but they are just giving it u til the last second to heal and start practicing. They know how much time he needs so that is when we will see him practice. 

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

My question is that if he can do those drills, and it's a calf/ankle problem. . . What can't he do that would prevent him from playing in a game?  

I mean the only other things I can think of is get hit and run.  

I am hoping that this is an injury that wouldn't keep him out of a meaningful game.  But it's hard to say, they don't give us much to go on.  

As encouraging as that footage was, I have to remind myself that he's in a t-shirt & shorts, & there's no one forcing him to move 1 way or the other, it's a totally controlled drill with no x-factors to take into consideration. I definitely feel better about his side to side movement, but does that drill make me confident that he can feel Bosa coming off the edge, step up in the pocket at the last second, & throw a dime to the sideline for a first down? That I'm not so sure.