Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts #5 in Power Rankings

Lucky Colts Fan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042972/article/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-patriots-rams-saints-lead-way

Apparently Dan Hanzus has taken over the Power Rankings for NFL.com.  I guess that's what Elliot Harrison gets for putting us at #32 last year!  haha

The four conference championship teams from last year are still the top four according to Dan.

1. Pats

2. Rams

3. Saints

4. Chiefs

5. Colts

You can probably drop the Colts 15 spots on this list if Andrew Luck's latest mysterious injury eats into his regular season. For now, we'll work under the assumption that the superstar quarterback will be ready for Week 1. Luck was seen warming up before Indy's preseason matchup against theBrowns, which seems like a good sign. The Colts may not be Super Bowl contenders with Jacoby Brissett, but they aren't lost, either. He was great in limited action against Cleveland. In Jake Brisket, the Colts have themselves an ideal hold-the-fort guy.

Jake Brisket...  :lol:

GettyImages-679736984_1494104554204_9389

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

32 wasnt a crazy ranking, they started 1-5.  not meant to be a season long projection either just a snap shot at the moment.  it didnt account for how good the rookie class was going to be though 

He said that was based on not knowing if Luck would be really back.  Still, we all knew that even with JB we’d be competitive.   

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He said that was based on not knowing if Luck would be really back.  Still, we all knew that even with JB we’d be competitive.   

But we did start 1-5, so an early season ranking of 32 wasn't that bad.   Especially with the Luck uncertainty.  

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

32 wasnt a crazy ranking, they started 1-5.  not meant to be a season long projection either just a snap shot at the moment.  it didnt account for how good the rookie class was going to be though 

I thought the 32 ranking was absolutely crazy. I said that before the season started. Reason why is Luck was coming back. I was on record picking us 9-7 before the season and making the 6th spot in the AFC. I had us ranked 12th last season going in. This season 5 is right IMO. 

• Like 3

As of now assuming Luck is ready for week 1 and will play every game, my rankings would be:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Chiefs

4. Rams

5. Colts

6. Chargers

7. Eagles

8. Bears

9. Browns

10. Seahawks

-I will put us at #5, the Chargers are just as good and they play us at their place on opening day. So they should be favored against us. If the game was here then I think we should be favored.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Elliott Harrison seemed like a Colt hater, that is JMO by the way he has talked about the organization for years. He also seemed to be in love with the Pats. This new guy doing the rankings gets it, he isn't biased.

I assure you he is, he just happens to to hate the Pats haha

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Elliott Harrison seemed like a Colt hater, that is JMO by the way he has talked about the organization for years. He also seemed to be in love with the Pats. This new guy doing the rankings gets it, he isn't biased.

Harrison is a patriots fan and even more so of Tom Brady

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh goodness. I think I remember one article Hanzus wrote last year or 2 years ago gushing about Tom Brady. Not saying he doesn't deserve praise, but it was so sappy it made me gag