Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zeke to the Colts rumors starting...


ColtStrong2013

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a few questions:

 

1) What would people be happy to give up?

2) What do people think the Cowboys would actually take?

3) Imagine that by trading for him  you'd have to extend him off the bat, else you're just in the same situation as the Cowboys, so what contract are you happy to give him?

 

I vaguely remember hearing about a cut off date for extending traded players, but I might be well off there. @Superman?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

So a few questions:

 

1) What would people be happy to give up?

2) What do people think the Cowboys would actually take?

3) Imagine that by trading for him  you'd have to extend him off the bat, else you're just in the same situation as the Cowboys, so what contract are you happy to give him?

 

I vaguely remember hearing about a cut off date for extending traded players, but I might be well off there. @Superman?

 

I'm not huge on the idea honestly. We would have been better off kicking the wheels in FA on Bell if we were going to entertain this. I just don't see it in Ballard. We need help at runningback, but I don't think Ballard will be reactive and give up draft capital to sign a mega contract to a runningback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I'm not huge on the idea honestly. We would have been better off kicking the wheels in FA on Bell if we were going to entertain this. I just don't see it in Ballard. We need help at runningback, but I don't think Ballard will be reactive and give up draft capital to sign a mega contract to a runningback. 

The one thing about this though is we added depth last draft. We are not going to need all those draft picks next year. This isn’t going to happen but where we are as a team I could see Ballard giving up draft picks if there was a hole in the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hilarious and never crossed my mind at any point. I personally see Zeke back with the Cowboys and playing this season. Something will get done for him I think. Marlon Mack is a decent back but not a super powerful and elusive back like Zeke. Would be nice to have on the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

That's not happening. The culture around the colts is and always has been team-first and frankly, zeke is the complete opposite of that. 

Why?  Because hes holding out for more money before the Cowboys run him into the ground?  No one is ever team first.  They all are looking out for them selves, otherwise we woulnt lose anyone to FA ever and Luck wouldnt have signed the largest contract in NFL history when he did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah?

 

Well I heard (am starting) a rumor that if Luck isn't ready for week 1, then we are going to trade him to the Cowboys for Zeke.

 

And Peyton is going to make a surprise comeback with the Colts against the Chargers.

 

And... and... and Bill Belichick sleeps with a binky and sucks his thumb in his sleep!

 

Break-The-Thumbsucking-Habit.jpg?v=1-201

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

So a few questions:

 

1) What would people be happy to give up?

2) What do people think the Cowboys would actually take?

3) Imagine that by trading for him  you'd have to extend him off the bat, else you're just in the same situation as the Cowboys, so what contract are you happy to give him?

 

I vaguely remember hearing about a cut off date for extending traded players, but I might be well off there. @Superman?

1.) I would give Dallas whichever 2nd round pick next year that turns out to be higher for Zeke.

 

2.) I believe the Cowboys would want a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th for him.

 

3.) I would immediately extend him to a 5 year, 65 million dollar deal. Ballard said he would eventually bring a non-character guy in the locker room. Given our weakness at RB and if Luck plays week 1, I would pull the trigger now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, don't want him, even if it was for a 7th round pick. I think his demeanor and attitude is counter productive to this Colt's culture thing. Currently, I think with such a young team, we're not set up to handle a true prima donna like he is, same case with Antonio Brown when those rumors were lighting up. 

Attitude aside, RBs have a short life span. Id pass mainly due to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

1.) I would give Dallas whichever 2nd round pick next year that turns out to be higher for Zeke.

 

2.) I believe the Cowboys would want a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th for him.

 

3.) I would immediately extend him to a 5 year, 65 million dollar deal. Ballard said he would eventually bring a non-character guy in the locker room. Given our weakness at RB and if Luck plays week 1, I would pull the trigger now.

 

Ah, but how much guaranteed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d give them a 2nd and a 4th if they wanted more. Zeke would be amazing with us and definitely would put us unstoppable on offense with luck and zeke. I would also entertain maybe trading Mack to them and a pick for zeke if they would

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm less concerned about his attitude around the $ and holdout, than I am about his 4 or more brushes with the law over a short period of time. Jerry did a lot to protect him lol.

 

would love his skill set, but not sure i want his diva...

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Why?  Because hes holding out for more money before the Cowboys run him into the ground?  No one is ever team first.  They all are looking out for them selves, otherwise we woulnt lose anyone to FA ever and Luck wouldnt have signed the largest contract in NFL history when he did.

Lost in all of this is that he has two years left on his contract.  It’s hard to argue his “me first” mentality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd give $35 million guaranteed so it's just over half of the contract.

 

Reports are out there he's already turned down an offer that would put him behind only Gurley in terms of average per year and a similar % guaranteed so I think you're a bit off here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Reports are out there he's already turned down an offer that would put him behind only Gurley in terms of average per year and a similar % guaranteed so I think you're a bit off here. 

I believe you, but that would be my personal offer. RB's have a short shelf life and are expendable. What can I say? :) I can also see Melvin Gordon having a Bell type holdout unless they trade him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe you, but that would be my personal offer. RB's have a short shelf life and are expendable. What can I say? :) I can also see Melvin Gordon having a Bell type holdout unless they trade him.

 

Melvin Gordon needs someone close to him to give a reality check, and fast :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Reports are out there he's already turned down an offer that would put him behind only Gurley in terms of average per year and a similar % guaranteed so I think you're a bit off here. 

EE wants to be number one... 

Here's Gurley's #s. 

Age  /Total Value  /Avg.Year    /     Total Guaranteed /   Fully Guaranteed / FreeAgency

25  / $57,500,000  /  $14,375,000  /    $45,000,000        /       $21,950,000       /  2024 UFA

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I read that quickly ,so maybe I'm missing something but how is that a "rumor ?" Isn't it one guy that writes articles saying it would make sense ?  I don't see anything that states the Colts and Cowboys are talking about a trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dw49 said:

 

I read that quickly ,so maybe I'm missing something but how is that a "rumor ?" Isn't it one guy that writes articles saying it would make sense ?  I don't see anything that states the Colts and Cowboys are talking about a trade. 

no actual rumor. just yet another guy putting a FA or hold out together with the Colt's cap space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I vaguely remember hearing about a cut off date for extending traded players, but I might be well off there. @Superman?

 

Maybe you're thinking of tagged players? The deadline for negotiating a new contract for a player on the franchise tag is July 15. Other than that, I'm not sure what deadline you might be thinking of.

 

And of course, Zeke isn't tagged.

 

To the OP, this isn't a rumor. This is a half-baked idea coming from a corner of the Internet. It's not worthy of discussion, and everything we know about the Colts and Chris Ballard should tell us that there's next to zero chance of it happening.

 

And that's a legitimate stance to take. Paying any RB $14m/year with $40-50m guaranteed -- which is what Elliott reportedly wants -- is outrageous. Trading significant draft capital for the privilege of giving that player said outrageous contract would be a huge mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

cough, cough. So all those posters hammering me about Zeke and L Bell. THE FLOOR IS YOURS. I went back and forth with an electrician, and IT Professional. please don't run now.

 

Enough of the small things. Zeke coming to Indy would be a Mega Splash. hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to make it to the big game, we would RUN the ball instead of throwing it. We know how Luck could be at times, grabbing the side of his helmet and all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Maybe you're thinking of tagged players? The deadline for negotiating a new contract for a player on the franchise tag is July 15. Other than that, I'm not sure what deadline you might be thinking of.

 

 

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

 

Thanks, I think I was confusing myself with number of years served on a Rookie deal before you can extend. Ignore me. 

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

cough, cough. So all those posters hammering me about Zeke and L Bell. THE FLOOR IS YOURS. I went back and forth with an electrician, and IT Professional. please don't run now.

 

Enough of the small things. Zeke coming to Indy would be a Mega Splash. hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to make it to the big game, we would RUN the ball instead of throwing it. We know how Luck could be at times, grabbing the side of his helmet and all.

 

One rumour post does not a summer make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

 

Thanks, I think I was confusing myself with number of years served on a Rookie deal before you can extend. Ignore me. 

 

One rumour post does not a summer make.

1 Question for INDY fans, if Andrew Luck were on the  Cowboys and demanded to be paid top dollars, and we had Cowboys QB Dak. 

 

And to simplify things, lets say Luck wanted to come to Indy.

 

1)Would you pick up AL knowing he wants top $dollars? say ($50+$70 million Guaranteed).

 

2) Do you object AL current contract?

 

For those not paying attention, Name the RB who lead the league in rushing 2 of 3 previous years? (Answer: Zeke Elliot).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zeke is a good RB but is a product of his offensive line, much like 

Emmit Smith a couple decades ago for the Cowboys.

 

Running backs can't run through 600 lbs of linemen coming through

the lines to meet them, physically impossible. They need open holes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

1 Question for INDY fans, if Andrew Luck were on the  Cowboys and demanded to be paid top dollars

 

He wouldn't have to demand it because he's a QB.  The Cowboys would pay it without hesitation.

 

Zeke is a RB.  Apples to oranges, friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dodsworth said:

Zeke is a good RB but is a product of his offensive line, much like 

Emmit Smith a couple decades ago for the Cowboys.

 

Running backs can't run through 600 lbs of linemen coming through

the lines to meet them, physically impossible. They need open holes.

Have you ever seen Zeke at Ohio state? He was doing the same thing there as well fyi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

He wouldn't have to demand it because he's a QB.  The Cowboys would pay it without hesitation.

 

Zeke is a RB.  Apples to oranges, friend.

Ok, lets make things even more interesting. Were you one of the "Fans" who objected against picking up Khalil Mack when he was let go by the Raiders. You would have known that MACK demanded top $ as well.?

 

I said pay MACK regardless of what he wanted btw. the only thing he did was, during his first game (limited practice time. But we are talking about PRACTICE) create a few sacks, force fumble and TD.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I agree that Ballard has been great.   This team is good and even has depth at most positions. Now is the biggest challenge GM's face.   Finding a franchise QB.  Bringing in Rivers was a good gap move.  I won't fault Ballard too much for the QB spot going forward because when you are drafting in the mid 20's, it's not great odds of getting a top notch QB.  Even trading up doesn't guarantee success and requires a team to give up lots of draft capital.   QB's available in the teens and mid 20's in the 2021 draft may be comparable to Eason.  Not sure the direction Ballard should and will go, but it is a tough opportunity.  
    • Yes, but he looked great when he got one!
    • Imagine Eason’s our QB, it’s easy if you look no need for Fields or Lawrence don’t even mention Book. Imagine Lucas Oil hosting playoffs every year.  Woo Hoo!   (sorry John)    
    • That's if you trust "the media" as /i will never forget the ridiculous choice of RGIII over Luck even though if you looked at what each had to work with and net improvement, it wasn't close, let alone fair.  I don't trust the decision makers, if the press disagrees with them, to pick the right candidate. They haven't been fair before.
    • I have been a colts fan forever and have lived through pretty crappy coaches and GM's. I can say without a doubt the Ballard/Reich regime has the Colts pointing in the right direction. Compared to the last(which i blame for the beginning of the end of AL). Ballard is a finder of talent that no one else sees and Reich and staff can coach these guys up to be successful not just fitting a square peg in round hole. Case in point 2013 draft, Bjorn Werner taken by RG at 24, behind him were the likes of DeAndre Hopkins, Leveone Bell, Travis Kelce, Zack Ertz, Travis Fredick, Cordelle Patterson and Xavier Rhodes(which is funny we have him now). I know there is no crystal ball but all I have mentioned did pretty well in college except for Werner. My point is the roster is stacked with young contributors and that D is now a Monster. Can't wait to see when they turn their attention to the O side. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...