Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
coltsorioles

Entire afc south starts 0-1

If you look at the schedule the entire afc south is playing very difficult games and are all underdogs. Jax vs k.c.  Tennessee at Cleveland . Houston at New Orleans.  Colts at San Diego.   So  if the colts lose its not the end of the world.   

• Like 2

it's another reason i don't have a problem with Luck not playing on the road his first game vs a very tough DL. that is, if he truly needs the time to get better.

1 hour ago, coltsorioles said:

If you look at the schedule the entire afc south is playing very difficult games and are all underdogs. Jax vs k.c.  Tennessee at Cleveland . Houston at New Orleans.  Colts at San Diego.   So  if the colts lose its not the end of the world.   

I don't know what's more sad, the fact the entire division are underdogs or the fact that the Titans are underdogs to the Browns O.o

• Haha 3

I'd say all 4 games going that way is unlikely, don't disagree that all 4 are most likely underdogs though. 

• Like 1

When has it been end of the world? It would suck to lose game 1, but game 1 has no indication on how the season plays out.

On the flip side... If the Colts win and the others get beat, the Colts will be the early division leader at 1-0. Then 15 more games to write the whole story.

• Like 2

Personally I think we win our game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Personally I think we win our game

VMtdrgb.jpg

Forum doctrine is that we shalt lose the opening game. 

• Like 2

That is why it’s highly unlikely we get a bye week if we make the playoffs. Teams like the browns and patriots have very easy schedules. I think KC has a pretty tough schedule also.

If we don't get pass happy vs the Chargers, we won't be playing into their strengths in pass defense, and can come away with a win IF Luck plays QB.

If Brissett plays in game 1 as starter, not so sure. I don't think we have made the playoffs in any year Luck has missed a game. 

A lot of times, things play out on the field much different than they do on paper. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is why it’s highly unlikely we get a bye week if we make the playoffs. Teams like the browns and patriots have very easy schedules. I think KC has a pretty tough schedule also.

The best laid preseason strength of schedules go out the window when the first bullet is fired.

7 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

I like to think that the Colts will win in a blowout & the other 3 teams will get curbstomped.

9 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

This is our chance to finally get the division lead early. The Chargers have some key injuries and assuming Luck does play, we can steal one out there.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'd say all 4 games going that way is unlikely, don't disagree that all 4 are most likely underdogs though. 

Some upsets may happen.

I hope the entire NFL goes 8-8 this season so no one has their feelings hurt.

F544F433-8EB8-498E-91B7-AB53E6E4AE26.jpeg

• Haha 2

The Bucs beat the Saints week 1 last year. Upsets happen literally all the time in week 1. Even if all 4 AFCS teams are underdogs, I wouldn't bet all four of em to lose. 

Also, and this is just me, but every year there's an incredibly talented team (or teams) that dissapoint the following year. My prediction is LAC and NO are those teams.

Hmmm, the Colts might have the easiest game of the four...

The colts have caught some breaks their first two games. The chargers with injuries and a holdout and the titans without Lewan. Both these games look winnable on paper.