Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reichs Presser today

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

ZERO way they have him out in pre-game running those drills if he's not gonna play soon.  My guess is that was a shot across the bow to fans saying, calm down, we're just being overly cautious here.

I think he's doing the drills to see how it is the day after. Evidently it's not getting any better so they aren't sure what's in store. Again if he can't play with whatever the pain tolerance is now, I don't see it improving anytime soon. 

Yeah, too bad luck apparently is so firm I'm his right, and it is his right until the season starts as I understand it, to not divulge a shred of info about his injury.  I have just accepted that he might not play for a few games, maybe even a season.  That way I don't have the let down.... I'm lucky in a way that the older I get, the less of a fanatic I become... Lol.   Hey, hopefully he is good to go and we all get to enjoy his amazing talent sooner rather than  later, but we'll have to wait and see apparently until at least the week before opening day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

I think he's doing the drills to see how it is the day after. Evidently it's not getting any better so they aren't sure what's in store. Again if he can't play with whatever the pain tolerance is now, I don't see it improving anytime soon. 

You don't do that in public though....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

Sure they would as it begs more questions than answers if they continue to keep him behind the scenes.

Actually, him doing those drills in front of the public open even more questions.... new questions, new theories. Keeping it behind the scenes means the same questions being asked, not new ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something else to think about. They want to be careful saying anything about luck being reading for week one only to have a set back and not being able to play. There is no doubt in my mind they know who will play.

Yep.  Brissett. And what do we do after he fails to get any Ws?

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

They went into a season with Brissett and Scott Tolzien...it wouldn't surprise me. Kelly will be back after 2 games anyways...if it came to that. 

Not if they leave Kelly unprotected...are they really that stupid and incompetent?

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

If playing causes more damage to his ankle/calf/bone, then that will be just like him Playing with the bad shoulder which almost ended his career.  I don’t want him to play if that’s the outcome. If by pain management, they mean it will continue to hurt until it heals then that’s different.

Then they may need to shut him down for half the season or more.

This could give him more thought about retirement and enjoying the good life with his family.

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we have a decent chance with JB in at QB for game 1

The Chargers have some important folks out. and others may be out

Not a lock and the Vegas odds will be against us, but short passes, no mistakes, and we have a chance to hang

Can’t underestimate how important having mr dependable Jack Doyle back no matter who plays. The plays we have seen from DF our of the slot will allow for some rhythm plays also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

this forum is gonna explode in 5...4...3..

I was thinking, after the draft, that this message board was quiet.

We had (seemingly) another great draft.  We had a healthy Luck, and others coming back from IR.  We added a couple nice vets.

.....: And CRICKETS around here.

Then i realized..... this forum NEEDS drama and turmoil....like oxygen.  The bulk of posters around here seem to thrive on it.

Its kinda funny.... and a little sad too.  But mostly funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we have a decent chance with JB in at QB for game 1

The Chargers have some important folks out. and others may be out

Not a lock and the Vegas odds will be against us, but short passes, no mistakes, and we have a chance to hang

Love the optimism, but the drop from Luck to JB is significant.  Was a tough game on paper with Luck.  Without him, long shot at best.  Chargers D even without James, is legit.  

I think Luck plays but....JB knows his entire NFL future depends  on how he performs should he have to start.  I think the team would rally around something like that.  He’s been a good teammate in 2018 and. NEver touched the field except to congratulate guys who make touchdowns.

• Like 1

Just listened to this podcast. One of the guys said he has a source saying Luck has a bruise with a possible stress fracture. With tape and shooting it up he should be good to go. Now I have no clue if this is a legitimate source. Just passing it along. It did look like his ankle was taped and padded like this guy said. It would make since with the calf injury that it could of caused that. Especially if he has a bothersome ankle.

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just listened to this podcast. One of the guys said he has a source saying Luck has a bruise with a possible stress fracture. With tape and shooting it up he should be good to go. Now I have no clue if this is a legitimate source. Just passing it along. It did look like his ankle was taped and padded like this guy said. It would make since with the calf injury that it could of caused that. Especially if he has a bothersome ankle.

I have a major source telling me Andrew will be fine as long as he puts Gorilla Glue on his calf down to his ankle, protecting the Achilles. :sarcasm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You crack me up with your negativity. When he plays on opening day, please laugh along with me :thmup:

I would be very happy.

I just bought NFL Sunday Ticket again hoping to see Luck play every game and the Colts go deep into the playoffs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

I would be very happy.

I just bought NFL Sunday Ticket again hoping to see Luck play every game and the Colts go deep into the playoffs.

I know, I just have fun messing with people out of fun at this point because all of these stories about Luck are just getting old haha . It is almost comical at this point.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, krunk said:

Im down for whatever scenario. Ideally would love to have Luck out there, but  I feel like JB can get us the win if our D gives him a little bit of help. 

I'm not so confident in Brissett. He might win a couple games but definitely not 9-10 games.