Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reichs Presser today

Wilkins being week to week is definitely a little worrisome, especially with Williams' hurt. Hopefully somebody like Charcandrick West can step up if necessary.

We've been low-key hurting at the offensive skill positions. Wilkins, Williams, Campbell, Fountain. Hopefully the rest stay healthy until the regular season.

• Like 2

Hate if for Campbell. Perhaps he and Luck are tossing it around in the seated position... 

Need to say a Rosary or two for the continued health of Mack, TY, Funch, Rogers, Cain, Ebron, and Doyle.

Not sure how Rogers isn't a lock at this point with Campbell out yet another week. Only question to me now is if we keep 6, is it Pascal or Hogan.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wilkins being week to week is definitely a little worrisome, especially with Williams' hurt. Hopefully somebody like Charcandrick West can step up if necessary.

We've been low-key hurting at the offensive skill positions. Wilkins, Williams, Campbell, Fountain. Hopefully the rest stay healthy until the regular season.

I think the Wilkins development is actually a good one. I forgot the tweet where Reich said he could be ready week 1.

We probably won’t see much of Campbell until a few games in. That really stinks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be shocked if Luck isn’t throwing some routes to receivers even if he isn’t fully practicing.

The throwing session Saturday looked like a guy that could be practicing at the very least in individual drills. With that said, we aren't privy to how sore he was after that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich declined to answer if lucks pain was from workouts or if it was pain while working out. Next week is when he really needs to be some some practice. The bottom line is the if he still has pain it’s not going to get better. He is either going to have to play with it or sit out.

this forum is gonna explode in 5...4...3..

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would think if Luck was a uncertainty to play week one we would sign another QB. No way are they taking a chance of Brissett getting hurt week one and having to put walker in the game.

They went into a season with Brissett and Scott Tolzien...it wouldn't surprise me. Kelly will be back after 2 games anyways...if it came to that. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the Wilkins development is actually a good one. I forgot the tweet where Reich said he could be ready week 1.

We probably won’t see much of Campbell until a few games in. That really stinks.

Yeah, there's "a chance" he suits up week 1. Which, probably just my somewhat pessimistic nature when it comes to injuries, but that doesn't sound too promising. At least it sounds like he won't be out too long though.

And Campbell...yeah, I'm just hoping they continue to stay cautious with him.

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

this forum is gonna explode in 5...4...3..

I am not sure why...the situation is pretty much the same as it has been. IMO...I think he needs two weeks of pain-free practice to lower the risk of re-injury...before they would put him out there. The math doesn't check out for Week 1...but I will try to be optimistic.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I am not sure why...the situation is pretty much the same as it has been. IMO...I think he needs two weeks of pain-free practice to lower the risk of re-injury...before they would put him out there. The math doesn't check out for Week 1...but I will try to be optimistic.

If they are telling the truth about him having pain I don’t think he is going to be pain free the entire season. He is going to either play with some pain or sit out. I do think Monday is really the telling point if he practices. From what I understand they will basically have all the guys who will play the chargers game practice together and start to prepare. Everyone else will be preparing for the final pre season game.

I still would put my bets on him working with the wide re receivers in practive even if he isn’t doing full team drills. 

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think it really depends on what the injury actually is, and what he's doing behind close doors (even if not fully practicing). If it's a tear or sprain situation, I agree with you. If it's just pain/discomfort because of something that can't get a lot worse (like bone growth to an extent), then it might just be about pain management and time.

it sucks not knowing lol

11 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I think it really depends on what the injury actually is, and what he's doing behind close doors (even if not fully practicing). If it's a tear or sprain situation, I agree with you. If it's just pain/discomfort because of something that can't get a lot worse (like bone growth to an extent), then it might just be about pain management and time.

it sucks not knowing lol

Just using my brain here. I would think if it was something that could cause more damage or a tear he would not be doing those drills we saw. 

We just need to support the team and whatever happens opening day happens. Nothing we can do about it. It is actually getting kind of comical. 

The nice thing about JB is he can make all the throws. We don’t have to water down the offense with him in there. Having Doyle back will be huge for him or if Luck comes back a little rusty. Hopefully we can get the running game going and the defense will step up. It’s going to be a huge test for the oline no matter which QB starts.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just using my brain here. I would think if it was something that could cause more damage or a tear he would not be doing those drills we saw. 

I tend to agree. I think it's going to end up being more about pain management than anything else, and perhaps surgery to remove the "little bone thing" after the season. Who knows though. Never a dull off season....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe. Let me say that I am not a doctor...but I think the drills could be to see if the pain is still there...which might be an indicator that something wasn't fully healed and there was still risk for re-injury. Last time he started up...he had pain...and they basically shut him down and ran tests...until those recent drills.

All players have to physically rehab in some fashion...so early on in the process...there is going to be that risk of re-injury...which is why players are typically limited until they reach certain points of the process. From what we have seen, Luck is still limited.

Next week will be very telling. I just think if it's a pain management issue...then he would practicing in a limited fashion as they figure out how to manage it. But he's just doing drills...as if they are testing it.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Maybe. Let me say that I am not a doctor...but I think the drills could be to see if the pain is still there...which might be an indicator that something wasn't fully healed and there was still risk for re-injury. Last time he started up...he had pain...and they basically shut him down and ran tests...until those recent drills.

All players have to physically rehab in some fashion...so early on in the process...there is going to be that risk of re-injury...which is why players are typically limited until they reach certain points of the process. From what we have seen, Luck is still limited.

Next week will be very telling. I just think if it's a pain management issue...then he would practicing in a limited fashion as they figure out how to manage it. But he's just doing drills...as if they are testing it.

I  think if he was testing it those drills would not of been in a public setting. He knew he would have no issues doing those or it would not of been done where everyone can see it.

It does make you think what Reich and Ballard are actually thinking about this entire situation with Luck. Do they think he should be out there. I guess we will never know since we don’t even know what the diagnosis is.

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Unfortunately I don't think Luck will be any better by week 5 or whatever than he is now. He's already had 6 months or so to heal and hasn't. He either plays now or he can't.  It's not looking to good to me.

ZERO way they have him out in pre-game running those drills if he's not gonna play soon.  My guess is that was a shot across the bow to fans saying, calm down, we're just being overly cautious here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

it could be a situation where practicing/playing does not risk new damage, but does risk aggravation (simply more pain, or slower healing). if that were the case, they might just want to limit activity as much as possible to game action.

if i were to bet, i'd say he practices a little towards the end of next week, and then the week leading up to LAC. wish there was a vegas line lol.

• Like 1

If playing causes more damage to his ankle/calf/bone, then that will be just like him Playing with the bad shoulder which almost ended his career.  I don’t want him to play if that’s the outcome. If by pain management, they mean it will continue to hurt until it heals then that’s different.