Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Shakial Taylor

Anyone think this guy could make the roster as Moore’s backup instead of Hairston. He has has a pretty good camp. I have not paid attention how he does in games. It seems in camp he has been very physical.

Hes a S not a corner

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hes a S not a corner

He's listed on the roster and depth chart as a CB

— CB: Kenny Moore II, Quincy Wilson, Shakial Taylor, Jalen Collins

21 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

He's listed on the roster and depth chart as a CB

Strange. Ive seen him play S in the preseason

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Strange. Ive seen him play S in the preseason

Could be trying him out in different sub packages. 

Honestly S has a lot more questions and concerns than CB right now, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them look at potential position swaps.

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

Could be trying him out in different sub packages. 

Honestly S has a lot more questions and concerns than CB right now, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them look at potential position swaps.

During the Browns game, Venturi said S was one our strongest positions.  Not saying i agree, but i dont lose sleep over it either.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

During the Browns game, Venturi said S was one our strongest positions.  Not saying i agree, but i dont lose sleep over it either.

depth wise, S, OL, and iDL are my biggest concerns. if folks were grading positions ( starters and depth), i'd be surprised if many graded safety in the top half.  outside of Hooker, lots of questions, at least to me. i definitely don't agree with Venturi. ESPN doesn't either. Hopefully the starters stay healthy, and Willis grows into a stud.

• Like 1

I see the safety depth as really good among those likely to make the roster: Willis, Odum, and Farley.  But after that, it’s a big step down: Milligan and Johnson, and previously Kindred.  I wonder if Tell could be kept on the roster and be given back-up Safety duties.  He probably needs more work before he’s ready to contribute too much at CB...

4 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

depth wise, S, OL, and iDL are my biggest concerns. if folks were grading positions ( starters and depth), i'd be surprised if many graded safety in the top half.  outside of Hooker, lots of questions, at least to me. i definitely don't agree with Venturi. ESPN doesn't either. Hopefully the starters stay healthy, and Willis grows into a stud.

We have solid depth at safety, not superstars outside of Hooker and if/when Geathers is healthy. The other guys are solid depth. I’m not losing sleep on safety. I’d lose sleep on the oline depth of anything 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

The way our D is set up Moore and Wilson will filter in to snaps at safety.
We should be in very good shap at the position compared to our peers. 

• Like 2

Even if he is a safety that can easily be a slot corner. The only reason I brought him up is I heard Zach hicks mention how he looks like a guy who could be Moore’s backup. Even Moore played some safety in the KC game. He seems really physical like Moore.

• Like 1

It's midway thru pre-season but I wouldn't sleep on the Kai Nacua signing - he's got real talent and ball skills. 

Sometimes it just takes the right scheme, the right coach or the right teammates to flourish....

As far as depth is concerned, I like Odum and Willis as our primary back-ups. I think Fairley (whom I love as a ND fan) to be cut in favor of a 6th CB (likely Tell).

Shakial Taylor will likely be stashed on the PS and be called upon in the likelyhood of an injury. But, he does play hard thru the whistle - even against his own team apparently. Lol

• Like 2

I love our safety room currently, when a player of Farley's caliber likely gets cut thats a positive sign. Willis may start much sooner then later, Hooker another year removed from injury should bounce back to early rookie form. Odom showed a lot more than anyone expected last season and if Geathers stays healthy quite the 4 some. Not high on Milligan or Johnson, not familiar yet with Nacua so cant say if he may make the p.s. Hope he brings that level to the table.

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

We have solid depth at safety, not superstars outside of Hooker and if/when Geathers is healthy. The other guys are solid depth. I’m not losing sleep on safety. I’d lose sleep on the oline depth of anything 

Not losing sleep, but it is concerning  a bit simply because of the increased quality of QBs/passing-Os we're going to see this year. I'm less concerned about FS than SS. I do agree OL depth is a concern. We were all concerned last year, and but it turned out pretty good.

• Like 1

After 2 preseason games;

I've noticed Taylor in a positive way in both games.

It looks like I'm in the minority liking Farley more than Odum.

I like Tell more than Hairston.

Wilson's poor tackling, poor coverage and poor effort is visible.

I think Ya Sin starts week 1.

EDIT: I really like Khari Willis too.

But, what do I know honestly....

• Like 1

I just put on another topic Wilson looks really bad, like he doesn't even want to play. I think Tell makes the team, Collins won't. And Odum stays over Farley

Isn't Shak Taylor the guy who decked Campbell hard a couple of times in practice? ...a bit too much force?