Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/19/19 Roster moves

csmopar

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

It doesn't pay to get so locked in on your beliefs since we know about 10% of what the coaches see everyday. 
 I suspect Kindred saw the writing on the wall and manufactured this. Not uncommon for a vet to want to get to look for a better situation with a few weeks to go.

It was a strange situation. In the past, Kindred has been a box type of safety. Why we had him in the FS stack is a head scratcher. 

I really wouldn't blame him for wanting to go somewhere else that needs help at his strong suit.

Personally, I thought he would compete at SS. When I saw him in the FS stack, figured it was only time before he hit the road.

6 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Nacua was a ball hawk in college and he was clutch in some big games. Had multiple game sealing interceptions. Could be a decent backup for Hooker 

I would be surprised if he made the team.  Players signed off the street at this stage are most likely just camp players.  I actually think our CB's and Safeties are pretty solid.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would be surprised if he made the team.  Players signed off the street at this stage are most likely just camp players.  I actually think our CB's and Safeties are pretty solid.

Lenzy Pipkins made it last year.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

I don't know about regretting it...but I think it could have been a very shrewd move. Duke is a valuable RB and huge asset in the passing game.

I still say...Colemen was the move to make. They had the money and he didn't cost much...and he was a great fit with some nice upside. I just wish they would have pulled the trigger.

By the time they get done paying out Ware's injury settlement and putting other RBs on IR...they will probably have paid half of Coleman's salary.

But I am guessing they were hoping Ware would stay healthy and be that RB2...which I think he would have been. However, I am sure they also knew that the current depth issues at RB were a good possibility...considering they have been targeting multipled injured/injury-prone RBs.

So if I had to bet....I would bet Ballard might have a move up his sleeve for the RB position.

I don't think Ballard is done as well.  I can see RB as a potential target at cutdown time.  I can see him trading a player we might cut for one. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

True, but I think this years group is much stronger.  

We shall see!  I noticed they had Mathias Farley playing late in the Browns game.

Wondering if they have plans to let him go?  I like Mathias a lot though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

We shall see!  I noticed they had Mathias Farley playing late in the Browns game.

Wondering if they have plans to let him go?  I like Mathias a lot though. 

I noticed that as well.  I also like him a lot.  But he might be on the bubble and a possible trade candidate. 

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

For any other position group I’d agree. Safety is probably our biggest weakness and the only locks are Hooker and the rookies. 

I don't see anything weak about our safeties other than not have a true FS style backup for Hooker. Odum, Geathers, and Willis isn't bad at all for the SS depth.  Right now you could say we have Farley to back up Hooker and that's not bad at all outside of him needing a bit more size. I think we are going to let Farley go based on how late I saw him playing in that Browns game. If Nacua can get the backup FS spot that wouldn't be bad behind Hooker.

Nacua was released after the Panthers signed Tre Boston to pair with Eric Reid.

This is a low risk high reward type of signing. Je won't make the 53 but I count on him being on the PS and contributing once there is an injury.

The dude is a ballhawk, extremely athletic and tackles well. The Browns were stupid to release him after his rookie year - aka Dorsey cleaning house - and he was buried on the depth chart with the Ravens. 

Him being a free agent seems more circumstance versus talent and I hope we reap the rewards!