Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

8/19/19 Roster moves

Nacua is a little bit interesting. Had a lot of int in college.

• Like 1

the bachelorette ugh GIF

Must mean no Inman:sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

West as very productive in KC

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

the bachelorette ugh GIF

Must mean no Inman:sarcasm:

West as very productive in KC

Now wondering what's going on with Wilkins?  Will he be next on IR?

Just now, krunk said:

It is strange that nothing has been said about him

• Like 1

I love Marquis Young. Uber productive, also returns kicks. This guy will end up on the practice squad for sure!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is strange that nothing has been said about him

J Williams also got a broken rib as well so I can sort of see this move between the two things.

I was figuring they would either do this or put foreman on the practice squad. Another offseason to continue to rehab that Achilles should do wonders for him. Crazy that it will be Fountains 3rd year when it will essentially be his rookie year as far as playing time goes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

definitely a mystery

I know we “lost” Foreman, but it worries me that we signed two RB.  Are we getting a look at as many RBs as possible because Wilkins is going to be gone for a long time?

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I know we “lost” Foreman, but it worries me that we signed two RB.  Are we getting a look at as many RBs as possible because Wilkins is going to be gone for a long time?

Lost Foreman and Williams 

• Like 1

Foreman has a torn bicep. Welp that experiment didn’t last long. Wonder how he injured it. Wilkins should be back soon.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Lost Foreman and Williams 

Williams will be fine. I doubt he misses a game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

No. Just preseason game bodies. Wilkins tweet indicated he should be back soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Foreman has a torn bicep. Welp that experiment didn’t last long. Wonder how he injured it. Wilkins should be back soon.

Never said JW wouldn’t be fine 

36 minutes ago, krunk said:

I remember a lot of draft buzz about him and the Colts. We ran out of draft picks or he likely could have been drafted with a 6th or 7th in 2017.

His RAS is the highest amongst all our safety's (though Hooker would likely had been higher) and his 4.49 40 and 39" vertical proves the tape was correct as far as explosive play.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a broken rib(Williams) I'm assuming he'll miss the next two preseason games.  If it were regular season I'd say something else. 

• Like 1

I still believe RB is our weakest position group.  It goes way back to the Ajai tryouts.  They keep bringing in one RB after another.  I wouldn't be surprised if we trade for one at cutdown time or sign a player who gets cut.  They feel comfortable with Mack as the starter but heaven help us if he goes down again.  We need a no. 2 who is at least durable and can run inside and PP.  

Just now, krunk said:

With a broken rib(Williams) I'm assuming he'll miss the next two preseason games.  If it were regular season I'd say something else. 

Even if he doesn’t you want to be prepared

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I still believe RB is our weakest position group.  It goes way back to the Ajai tryouts.  They keep bringing in one RB after another.  I wouldn't be surprised if we trade for one at cutdown time or sign a player who gets cut.  They feel comfortable with Mack as the starter but heaven help us if he goes down again.  We need a no. 2 who is at least durable and can run inside and PP.

I think you are correct

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You heard it here first kids, Zeke is on his way hahahaha 

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

lol or we could trade for Gordon

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

lol or we could trade for Gordon

Zeke over Gordon all day man. You would probably save money going with Gordon Elliot is easily the better back

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

haha Yes that would certainly solve our RB issue.  Mack would be an ideal backup to Zeke as well.  But we all know Ballard would never call Jerry to see what it would take.  Or would he?  LOL

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

haha Yes that would certainly solve our RB issue.  Mack would be an ideal backup to Zeke as well.  But we all know Ballard would never call Jerry to see what it would take.  Or would he?  LOL

Id give up one of next years 2nd and Jalen Collins for him lol

• Like 1

This just seems like normal "bottom-of-the-roster" churning in order to ensure depth and continued competition.

I'm not really excited about any of these guys.  I'm not displeased, either.  Sometimes there's a quality guy out there because another team had incredible depth at a certain positions group, but, typically, these guys are available for a reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

This just seems like normal "bottom-of-the-roster" churning in order to ensure depth and continued competition.

I'm not really excited about any of these guys.  I'm not displeased, either.  Sometimes there's a quality guy out there because another team had incredible depth at a certain positions group, but, typically, these guys are available for a reason.

Very true

KN just came available and Young was in the Rookie Camp

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, twfish said:

Id give up one of next years 2nd and Jalen Collins for him lol

I would do that deal.  I wonder if Ballard is regretting not trading for Duke Johnson when he was available. 

• Like 1

RB situation is ok as long as Wilkins will be ready by game day. This is more about needing bodies for the pre season games.

• Like 1

Does anyone think it is still a possibility we bring Ajayi in to see what he can do?  I think Wilkins and Williams will be fine, but if for some reason they can't play by Week 1, we would have just Mack and Hines, and Hines isn't really a runner but more of a receiving back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caleb3502 said:

Does anyone think it is still a possibility we bring Ajayi in to see what he can do?  I think Wilkins and Williams will be fine, but if for some reason they can't play by Week 1, we would have just Mack and Hines, and Hines isn't really a runner but more of a receiving back.  

Or a recent cut

1 hour ago, Caleb3502 said:

I think we’d brought in Ajayi if we were going too by now. I think that notion has long sailed away though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the FO and coaching staff has developed some sophisticated (?) theories about what combinations of talents, skills, personalities - and probably a host of other properties - that are needed to come together in a competitive football team. We will never know what those theories are, and they may not be valid theories. Time will tell.

Whatever those theories are, they've got to be better than just using gut feelings or guessing (see Oakland Raiders, for example). Gruden wasn't "into" analytics. So if a particular player isn't brought in, there's probably a good reason why. We'll never know that, either.

IMO, all just camp bodies. Nacua actually played behind Kindred (who we just waived) IIRC. Young is a little bit interesting, but doubt he sticks. West is more of an APB type

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We give JB and a 2 for Zeke. They sign JB to new deal worth about $10m per for 3yr.  Then Jerry trades Dak to the highest bidder saving him about $40 million per year with Zeke and Dak gone... If I'm Jerry there is no way I am giving $35m per to Dak. Then I take that draft stock and all that miney and build a more complete team... At least that would be what I'd consider doing if I were Jerry.... But a few months ago lol

Hopefully Wilkins is ready, if we keep 4 could be Mack,Hines,Wilkins and Ware (he has 15 carries through our first two games, had a real solid year at USC last year, doesnt have much ware and tear on his body) if Wilkins has a issue Williams could get the nod. Never been much a C.West fan

18 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I love Marquis Young. Uber productive, also returns kicks. This guy will end up on the practice squad for sure!

He must have some considerable holes in his game to have still bee o the streets.
Nice highlight tape. Good luck to him.

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am shocked they waived Kindred.

It doesn't pay to get so locked in on your beliefs since we know about 10% of what the coaches see everyday. 
 I suspect Kindred saw the writing on the wall and manufactured this. Not uncommon for a vet to want to get to look for a better situation with a few weeks to go.

15 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He must have some considerable holes in his game to have still bee o the streets.
Nice highlight tape. Good luck to him.

He started with us when our entire backfield was healthy, he then went to the Titans I believe, who are also pretty talented at the RB position.

You are correct, there is likely a hole somewhere that would need patched!??!

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would do that deal.  I wonder if Ballard is regretting not trading for Duke Johnson when he was available. 

I don't know about regretting it...but I think it could have been a very shrewd move. Duke is a valuable RB and huge asset in the passing game.

I still say...Colemen was the move to make. They had the money and he didn't cost much...and he was a great fit with some nice upside. I just wish they would have pulled the trigger.

By the time they get done paying out Ware's injury settlement and putting other RBs on IR...they will probably have paid half of Coleman's salary.

But I am guessing they were hoping Ware would stay healthy and be that RB2...which I think he would have been. However, I am sure they also knew that the current depth issues at RB were a good possibility...considering they have been targeting multipled injured/injury-prone RBs.

So if I had to bet....I would bet Ballard might have a move up his sleeve for the RB position.

31 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I don't know about regretting it...but I think it could have been a very shrewd move. Duke is a valuable RB and huge asset in the passing game.

I still say...Colemen was the move to make. They had the money and he didn't cost much...and he was a great fit with some nice upside. I just wish they would have pulled the trigger.

By the time they get done paying out Ware's injury settlement and putting other RBs on IR...they will probably have paid half of Coleman's salary.

But I am guessing they were hoping Ware would stay healthy and be that RB2...which I think he would have been. However, I am sure they also knew that the current depth issues at RB were a good possibility...considering they have been targeting multipled injured/injury-prone RBs.

So if I had to bet....I would bet Ballard might have a move up his sleeve for the RB position.

Coleman got $3.6M to play for a guy that knows him. That is not chump change for a guy that might get 10 carries a game. Don't you think our staff also believes they have a pass catching RB as good or better in the fold? Not saying he isn't a plus player of course.
I will take a guess Ware got a 4 game settlement worth about $320,000. If he signs with someone else before those 4 reg season games are up we would claw back for each game.
We seem to be improving our depth, but one more FA and draft will help. lol