Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Character doesn’t matter??

coltsfeva

On 8/20/2019 at 3:08 PM, gspdx said:

As the players make more the league will push more of that cost onto consumers.  Owners aren't just going to share more of their money with players.

That is the case in most businesses. So, are you willing to sacrifice the employees so that owners/CEOs can make more money? It sounds like you're saying that employees are expendable. Unfortunately many people see it that way. Many employees don't get offered a raise until the employee tenders a resignation.

Hopefully that is changing. Last week I read this article:  

Headline: Shareholder Value Is No Longer Everything, Top C.E.O.s Say

"Chief executives from the Business Roundtable, including the leaders of Apple and JPMorgan Chase, argued that companies must also invest in employees and deliver value to customers."

^^^ That's the way I see it. Value employees (players) as well as customers (fans). Note: I don't mean to single you out. @GoatBeard had similar comments. And I don't agree with Rackeen. I am more in the middle. I think Elliot should play on his current contract. However, I also see that if owners can release players at any time for any reason, some players will try to maximize their earnings.

Link to article

On 8/24/2019 at 8:59 AM, NFLfan said:

That is the case in most businesses. So, are you willing to sacrifice the employees so that owners/CEOs can make more money? It sounds like you're saying that employees are expendable. Unfortunately many people see it that way. Many employees don't get offered a raise until the employee tenders a resignation.

That isn't at all what I am saying.  Too many people jump to either one extreme or the other.  These guys are making millions to play football.  Where is all of the concern for the guy making 40k-50k a year and would like to go see a football game?  I don't hear anyone supporting that kind of employee.

I am not saying they should earn good living, but I am much more concerned about what is happening to the average people in this country to worry about football players.  If they wanted to make more maybe they should have chosen a better paying sport like baseball.