Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fountain going on IR, Inman released

CR91

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Even with fountain going on IR there still isn’t room for Inman. Maybe if we have another injury.

Campbell isnt back yet either and Pascal hasnt been impressing even in the preseason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Who will do PR. Reich said today Rogers is the number one pr and basically said his roster spot is locked.

Dont think being named the top PR means his spot is locked. There is still two weeks left

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Dont think being named the top PR means his spot is locked. There is still two weeks left

I can go get the quote from today but Reich pretty much confirmed it. Hines doesn’t have enough experience to take that on yet. Reich did say he liked the progress he was making today. If you don’t have alternative to punt you have no choice.

Chances are we might start with six but go down to five depending on injuries else ware. Reich said there was a possibility of six but was not sure yet. I also doubt he would come here to be the sixth WR. He will probably sit until a team has a injury.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can go get the quote from today but Reich pretty much confirmed it. Hines doesn’t have enough experience to take that on yet. Reich did say he liked the progress he was making today. If you don’t have alternative to punt you have no choice.

Chances are we might start with six but go down to five depending on injuries else ware. Reich said there was a possibility of six but was not sure yet. I also doubt he would come here to be the sixth WR. He will probably sit until a team has a injury.

I saw the quote. I also read Campbell might be limited to start which could mean he can PR as well. I just dont see the point in keeping rogers just because he can return punts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I saw the quote. I also read Campbell might be limited to start which could mean he can PR as well. I just dont see the point in keeping rogers just because he can return punts

Campbell didn’t seen to look to good in camp in punting when he had a chance. idk I think if is a little dangerous to expect it from someone else. It is something you have to be sure they can do. It could lose you games if you get it wrong.

I did see Pat Macafee ask TY about punting. He said he would if they needed him but didn’t seem to sold on that idea.

Rogers is ok at a five WR. He is not a 2 like we tried last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

CR91 I do think you are right that Hines could improve a ton in PR before cut down day to make Rogers get cut. Or like you said Campbell. Anything is possible.

There is also the waiver wire... I wouldn’t rule that out either 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

There is also the waiver wire... I wouldn’t rule that out either 

Yeah but it would not make sense to cut Rogers for another PR. Rogers was asked to do to much last year. If we go back after we hit Inman he settled into his role. He wasn’t a WR2 like we needed him to be. Being the number five and the PR is a perfect spot for him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If you think Rogers is being kept just because he returns punts then you are not paying attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah but it would not make sense to cut Rogers for another PR. Rogers was asked to do to much last year. If we go back after we hit Inman he settled into his role. He wasn’t a WR2 like we needed him to be. Being the number five and the PR is a perfect spot for him.

Rogers was asked to do too much?  Says who?

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

All Inman did was play very well when called upon. I would definitely bring him in

If Inman gets brought in it will only happen if the wr position gets hit with serious injuries. Otherwise it ain’t happening. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

If you think Rogers is being kept just because he returns punts then you are not paying attention. 

Perhaps, but what I do know is rogers lost his job to a WR off the streets and that was before we loaded up on wrs this off season. I have nothing against Rogers, I just think we can do better

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Perhaps, but what I do know is rogers lost his job to a WR off the streets and that was before we loaded up on wrs this off season. I have nothing against Rogers, I just think we can do better

He lost his job though because he isn’t a number two. Once Inman came in Rogers had a nice season. Sometimes the role is to big. He doesn’t have to be the number two this year. He is however a good number five.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He lost his job though because he isn’t a number two. Once Inman came in Rogers had a nice season. Sometimes the role is to big. He doesn’t have to be the number two this year. He is however a good number five.

Honestly the only plays I recall rogers making last year was the deep ball vs the dolphins which I credit more to Luck and Nelson stonewalling his guy for a year and the td vs the giants. I felt like Pascal had a bigger impact.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Who will do PR. Reich said today Rogers is the number one pr and basically said his roster spot is locked.

Rogers is locked in. He's a capable receiver that knows the offense and is the only damn one that can return kicks... 

Reich's comments makes it interesting though that they are looking to possibly keep 6. I can't make heads or tails of it. Hilton, funchess, campbell, cain and rogers are locks IMO. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

I know the young guys have a lot of potential, but here's a list of WRs on the Colts roster that we know are better than Inman right now:

T.Y. Hilton

I guess we differ on our opinions on that. I'm 100% certain Funchess is better than Inman and it isn't close or Inman wouldn't be getting released right now... 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Rogers is locked in. He's a capable receiver that knows the offense and is the only damn one that can return kicks... 

Reich's comments makes it interesting though that they are looking to possibly keep 6. I can't make heads or tails of it. Hilton, funchess, campbell, cain and rogers are locks IMO. 

Something to keep in mind with the possibility of Luck having some rust.  With having Rogers know the offense and played with Luck he could be very important to start the season.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something to keep in mind with the possibility of Luck having some rust.  With having Rogers know the offense and played with Luck he could be very important to start the season.

Of course. You don't release receivers who your franchise qb who hasnt practiced (in the public eye) very much this training camp is comfortable with from a timing and playbook standpoint. 

• Like 1

Well, if I dated a woman for a while and she said she wanted to date other people because I didn't quite cut it, I wouldn't feel the same if she called back later down the road. Are we so sure that if we called Inman, he would want to come back to possibly get cut again?

I feel like we have more talent now than when he was not signed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Until  we find someone else that can return  punts Roger's stays

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

If you want to improve the receiver position right now, you bring Inman.

If you hope the young guys can develop, you leave him out and give the young guys a chance.

I don’t  think he improves the roster. Bringing him in would also mean cutting a Cain or a Campbell. That isn’t happening.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t  think he improves the roster. Bringing him in would also mean cutting a Cain or a Campbell. That isn’t happening.

When Inman played with the Colts last year, he quickly became our #2 receiver, behind T.Y.

I would see the receivers as:

1. T.Y.

2. Funchess

3. Inman

4. Campbell

5. Cain