Colts Trade Draft Pick For Eagles T

Case

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Winston Justice + 6, for our 6. Good deal, we don't lose that many spots plus we get a good depth player at T. He could come RT in the future.

That would probably mean ijalana busted out or moved to guard. I see this as a depth move since ijalana is coming off that major injury. Get a guy grigson knows for a late pick who does have starting expierece.

He does have some talent. If the report is right, that we swapped 6th round picks rather than gave up our 6th round pick, is right then it is definitely worth it.

The swapping picks isn't huge, but I just don't like the 4 million cap number. He didn't do well in recent years for the eagles, but on the colts he might be an improvement, at least as a back-up. Hopefully his contract gets reworked.

The swapping picks isn't huge, but I just don't like the 4 million cap number. He didn't do well in recent years for the eagles, but on the colts he might be an improvement, at least as a back-up. Hopefully his contract gets reworked.

It's a 3.2 hit... Not far from 4. Not ideal, but good for depth.

I hope they sign Anthony Collins or Geoff Schwartz both of them would add some valuable depth and both are versatile players who can play either guard or tackle. And both are 26 years so in a good age. Don't know much about Justice but I read not very encouraging things.

That would probably mean ijalana busted out or moved to guard. I see this as a depth move since ijalana is coming off that major injury. Get a guy grigson knows for a late pick who does have starting expierece.

Justice had 2 years as a starter, but he wasn't great. He was a backup replacing a starter, and he wasn't ready for that role. Herremans was their RT. Justice has good potential, but he's not a starter, and Ijalana didn't do anything, they just needed depth. I would like to see Ben move inside, but that gives us nothing at RT, besides Justice.

You know what this means though, no more Linkenbach!!

He'll probably be cut in training camp like Tommie Harris was last year.That seems to be how these things go around here.

Both different situations. Tommie Harris was signed to a 1 year deal and was just brought in to see what he has in training camp. The odds of him staying weren't great. Now in this situation, the Colts traded for a guy, which means they believe in him and think he could have an impact on this team.

Unless there are other bonuses to be paid out, the upside to trading for him is that the Eagles paid his signing bonuses and will have to eat all of those, meaning if he does bust out, we can cut him with ZERO cap impact.

Why does everyone think that Justice will start at RT. He has experience, but he wasn't that good. That's why they moved Herramans over and replaced Justice. He's not a starter yet, but I could see him starting. However, if he performs well in training camp, and the coaches believe that he could start, then I trust them and I would love to see Ijalana move inside.

Why does everyone think that Justice will start at RT. He has experience, but he wasn't that good. That's why they moved Herramans over and replaced Justice. He's not a starter yet, but I could see him starting. However, if he performs well in training camp, and the coaches believe that he could start, then I trust them and I would love to see Ijalana move inside.

Like I said depth move unless they do move ijalana which they may do since it's a new coaching staff but I still think he stays at right tackle.

Can't he restructure with us, lowering that cap hit? Are you sure we take it? I mean, if we traded Freeney, we still take a hit I thought.

For what we traded for him, what I was reading, he does have knee problems in the past, which worry me, but if he can stay healthy, he might be a good pickup to add depth and even a starter to the line.

Unless there are other bonuses to be paid out, the upside to trading for him is that the Eagles paid his signing bonuses and will have to eat all of those, meaning if he does bust out, we can cut him with ZERO cap impact.

As long as it's done before week 1. If he plays week 1, his base salary is guaranteed for the year, but I'm guessing you knew that already.

So we basically moved sixteen spots in the sixth round and got a guy that just adds more depth to our spotty offensive line? Another great deal by Grigson, I like his moves thus far. We can move Ijalana inside to guard now, and stick Justice at RT - I am liking the sounds of this.

SUMMATION +

: #Eagles have traded OT Winston Justice and a 6th round pick to the Colts for a 6th round pick.

https://twitter.com/...948856392429568

Both sixth-round picks are for 2012. #Eagles move up from 17th in the round to 2nd. Justice's reported cap number had been over $4 mil.

https://twitter.com/...949448753975296

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 2nd round draft pick in 2006,

so we swith 6th round picks, Eagles free up 4 million in cap space, & we get an OT who never lived up to potential, & has been playing less ,

maybe we can help him I hope, has been around since 2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hes the backup RT, Maybe we will leave him there and put Ijlana inside

http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_files/html/depth_chart_...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Winston Justice #74 OT

Philadelphia Eagles | Official Team Site

Height: 6-6 Weight: 320 Age: 27

Born: 9/14/1984 Long Beach , CA

College: USC

Experience: 6th season

High School: Long Beach Polytechnic HS [CA]

yearly stats

http://www.nfl.com/p...2495873/profile

Can't he restructure with us, lowering that cap hit? Are you sure we take it? I mean, if we traded Freeney, we still take a hit I thought.

For what we traded for him, what I was reading, he does have knee problems in the past, which worry me, but if he can stay healthy, he might be a good pickup to add depth and even a starter to the line.

Yeah we could re-do, him but that would likely mean an extension. With the health concerns, his base of 3,225,000 for 2011, and 3,750,000 might be better off to remain in place unless it seems like he's going to be a starter.

The main difference between Justice and Freeney is that we signed Freeney to the contract. The Eagles signed Justice so they are the ones with dead cap space when it comes to Justice.