Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
EastStreet

Thoughts after re-watch (Browns Pre-Season)

Recommended Posts

Referees were ridiculous you would have thought they need the game to get there calling penalties work in. Because of that the game had no flow. Most of the call should have been NON CALLS! I have to say Ware the RB is intriguing to me he looks pretty good. Hope we at least keep him on the PS. I like Hentges  a lot. I also like Travis as well do we keep 4 or 5 TE's Hum? Wr is going to be quiet a battle indeed. The OL need to learn quickly haw to pickup a blitz or its going to be a long year. I also like Kelly, i know he is suspended early, but  i think you got to keep the dude!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most puzzling thing to me about this team so far this year is who on the Colt coaching staff thinks either Andrews or Glowinski is better than Haeg? I realize Haeg plays every position along the line and is a valuable backup, but he should be starting at rg.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

The most puzzling thing to me about this team so far this year is who on the Colt coaching staff thinks either Andrews or Glowinski is better than Haeg? I realize Haeg plays every position along the line and is a valuable backup, but he should be starting at rg.

I know Andrews filled in for Nelson but he has been the backup center in practice. Why isn’t Boehm Kelly’s backup. We actually played  well with Boehm when Kelly was out.  Glow proved himself as a starter last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Glowinski did play well last year, I just think Haeg is better and should be starting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thought from last weeks game, I was very impressed with Tell, he was the one draft pick this year who I thought had no chance of making the team(especially since they are trying to convert him to safety), but since Wilson looks completely disinterested Tell will make the team and Wilson, I think, is gone.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

 Glowinski did play well last year, I just think Haeg is better and should be starting.

 

Unless you happen to be a member of the Haeg family, this post is going nowhere.

 

In another post you asked who in the Colts front office thinks Glowinski should be starting over Haeg?      How about......   Everyone!

 

Ballard,  Reich,  The three OL coaches.   All the scouts -- literally everyone.

 

That's why they gave Glow a 3 year deal for $16.2 Mill.    $5.4 Mill per year.

 

Haeg is a nice piece,  but his arch is a utility guy, but career back-up.    Could he get better?   Perhaps.    But he's not starting over anybody who currently starts for us.

 

Sorry.

 

Amended:   You asked about the coaches, what they think.   So, Reich, Siriani, and the three OL coaches.   Strausser,  Mudd, and Adams.    All of the coaches.   And if you need more,   the entire front office.    If they didn't think this,  they would've let Glow walk out the door to another team,  and inserted Haeg in his place.     That didn't happen.    So,  there's your answer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to ruffle your feathers dude, I've always been a fan of Haeg, and think he is under appreciated. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Two_pound said:

 Glowinski did play well last year, I just think Haeg is better and should be starting.

No he's not lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Unless you happen to be a member of the Haeg family, this post is going nowhere.

 

In another post you asked who in the Colts front office thinks Glowinski should be starting over Haeg?      How about......   Everyone!

 

Ballard,  Reich,  The three OL coaches.   All the scouts -- literally everyone.

 

That's why they gave Glow a 3 year deal for $16.2 Mill.    $5.4 Mill per year.

 

Haeg is a nice piece,  but his arch is a utility guy, but career back-up.    Could he get better?   Perhaps.    But he's not starting over anybody who currently starts for us.

 

Sorry.

 

Amended:   You asked about the coaches, what they think.   So, Reich, Siriani, and the three OL coaches.   Strausser,  Mudd, and Adams.    All of the coaches.   And if you need more,   the entire front office.    If they didn't think this,  they would've let Glow walk out the door to another team,  and inserted Haeg in his place.     That didn't happen.    So,  there's your answer.

Coaches and front office evaluate players differently than fans do. Fans watch the play on the field and make decisions on their impressions. Coaches use an evaluation criteria called a rubric and a relative scale for evaluation - a Likert scale - which gets weighted for importance. It's really hard to separate the subjective impressions from objective data - even for coaches. BTW, that's why coaches and FO personnel get paid the big bucks. Good teams discover that general impressions are often wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Coaches and front office evaluate players differently than fans do. Fans watch the play on the field and make decisions on their impressions. Coaches use an evaluation criteria called a rubric and a relative scale for evaluation - a Likert scale - which gets weighted for importance. It's really hard to separate the subjective impressions from objective data - even for coaches. BTW, that's why coaches and FO personnel get paid the big bucks. Good teams discover that general impressions are often wrong.

 

And only so many coaches and FO execs get it right every year. 

I find it interesting that Glow, after starting for a whole year in 2016 (soph year for Seattle), went from starter to 4th string and waived in 2017. Anyone have insight on what happened there?

 

I love Haeg too. Has a lot of starts for us since his rookie year at RT, LT, and RG. Good, flexible, depth guy. Folks forget he was starting last year before he went on IR with an ankle injury. He also came off IR to take Glow's spot when he got injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know Andrews filled in for Nelson but he has been the backup center in practice. Why isn’t Boehm Kelly’s backup. We actually played  well with Boehm when Kelly was out.  Glow proved himself as a starter last year.

Boehm started last year. My guess is they're trying to figure out if Andrews is good enough to backup Kelly. Boehm would be ok filling in for a few games but any longer and it wouldn't be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Another thought from last weeks game, I was very impressed with Tell, he was the one draft pick this year who I thought had no chance of making the team(especially since they are trying to convert him to safety), but since Wilson looks completely disinterested Tell will make the team and Wilson, I think, is gone.

I like what I have seen of Tell, but IMO there is NO WAY Wilson is cut!! To much size and talent!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me I've been in Wilsons group of supporters since we drafted him but something seems off with him this summer. Desir, Moore, Rock, Hairston,and I look for Tell to make it over Wilson. Then Hooker, Geathers, Odum, and Willis at safety. Then we keep Milton for his special teams ability. I know he isn't a very good corner, but his special teams play is excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Believe me I've been in Wilsons group of supporters since we drafted him but something seems off with him this summer. Desir, Moore, Rock, Hairston,and I look for Tell to make it over Wilson. Then Hooker, Geathers, Odum, and Willis at safety. Then we keep Milton for his special teams ability. I know he isn't a very good corner, but his special teams play is excellent.

I think Milton or Harrison get check. I hope Milton! Wilson upside and size just to much to cut!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Two_pound said:

 Glowinski did play well last year, I just think Haeg is better and should be starting.

Haeg is a decent backup at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 4:32 AM, CoachLite said:

Coaches and front office evaluate players differently than fans do. Fans watch the play on the field and make decisions on their impressions. Coaches use an evaluation criteria called a rubric and a relative scale for evaluation - a Likert scale - which gets weighted for importance. It's really hard to separate the subjective impressions from objective data - even for coaches. BTW, that's why coaches and FO personnel get paid the big bucks. Good teams discover that general impressions are often wrong.

 

Huh?

 

Not sure why you felt the need to post this to me.    I know all of this.     You didn't tell me anything I wrote was wrong, or incorrect.

 

Strikes me you needed to respond to the poster I responded to.

 

But......     whatever...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Huh?

 

Not sure why you felt the need to post this to me.    I know all of this.     You didn't tell me anything I wrote was wrong, or incorrect.

 

Strikes me you needed to respond to the poster I responded to.

 

But......     whatever...

 

I was making a general observation, not meaning to respond to any one poster. Many fans seem confounded by the decisions made during preseason. Thought it might help to see what goes on behind the scenes. The hard part is correlating the rubric to what is meaningful. Even for professionals, this is often non-obvious.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 3:49 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

A lot of the calls including that one was crap the crew hopefully never refs one of the colts games in the regular season there was nothing wrong with that block and that holding negated touchdown ended up being the difference in the game. The only reason i'm not complaining a lot more about it is because its preseason if this was a regular season game I would say a lot more.

Will it help to complain a lot more during the regular season on those crappy calls by the refs? 

 

JK and giving you some crap lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Referees were ridiculous you would have thought they need the game to get there calling penalties work in. Because of that the game had no flow. Most of the call should have been NON CALLS! I have to say Ware the RB is intriguing to me he looks pretty good. Hope we at least keep him on the PS. I like Hentges  a lot. I also like Travis as well do we keep 4 or 5 TE's Hum? Wr is going to be quiet a battle indeed. The OL need to learn quickly haw to pickup a blitz or its going to be a long year. I also like Kelly, i know he is suspended early, but  i think you got to keep the dude!!

I absolutely love this Hentges kid. Showing that he can catch an nfl ball, added to his ability to be that blocking specialty TE guy, that makes him more valuable than Travis imho. I honestly see Doyle done here after next season and Hentges slide into his spot if his play continues like we seen last week and that’s not to diss Doyle at all because I absolutely love what Doyle has given this team as well but Doyle is older, more expensive and had a repaired hip. Not a good combo when it appears you have a younger clone already in place and cheaper for 4 years. You sign EE for 4 years, and he won’t be cheap so that is the offset imho to keeping Hentges with the future in mind. But I can’t see any scenario that we keep 5 TE’s sadly. We are going to lose one really good TE to someone this year. 

 

 

On 8/20/2019 at 8:11 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I know Andrews filled in for Nelson but he has been the backup center in practice. Why isn’t Boehm Kelly’s backup. We actually played  well with Boehm when Kelly was out.  Glow proved himself as a starter last year.

Im not sure what the Andrews and Boehm story is here except we have Howard Miss now in the mix instead of the OL coach they had last season. I know Mudd isn’t the head oline coach but he brings in a solid voice and as I recall from the Manning years, he is like 1 chance and then moves on from a guy. Glowinski has has some troubles so far but I do think we all felt of the 5 starters, Glow was the weakest of the links and perhaps with Big Q in, the center is more focused on assisting with the LG spot as opposed to the RG like we seen more last year. Also, Kelly hasn’t been in at times as well.  If we have all 5 guys starting, I think Glow will be the adequate starter again and we get his replacement next year in the 2nd round draft. 

 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, Two_pound said:

Believe me I've been in Wilsons group of supporters since we drafted him but something seems off with him this summer. Desir, Moore, Rock, Hairston,and I look for Tell to make it over Wilson. Then Hooker, Geathers, Odum, and Willis at safety. Then we keep Milton for his special teams ability. I know he isn't a very good corner, but his special teams play is excellent.

I am not going to be the most Shocked if the team moves on from Wilson but I’ll be pretty surprised. I see Hairston as the odd man out here and although Milton has shown to be a very solid ST player, that’s his ceiling, he has been a horrific CB. At the very least, when the games have counted, Wilson has played well enough to gamble keeping him over Milton and Hairston imho. I don’t think the team wants to risk losing Tell if they try and sneak him to the PS. I still believe we need improvement in our 3 starting cb’s for next season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 9:07 PM, Two_pound said:

The most puzzling thing to me about this team so far this year is who on the Colt coaching staff thinks either Andrews or Glowinski is better than Haeg? I realize Haeg plays every position along the line and is a valuable backup, but he should be starting at rg.

Glowinski was better than Haeg last year as I said earlier in the week Haeg is a decent backup nothing more he isn't full time starter material.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

Glowinski was better than Haeg last year as I said earlier in the week Haeg is a decent backup nothing more he isn't full time starter material.

 

IIRC, Haeg did start the first 4 games until he got hurt though. It was at RT, but it took Haeg and Slauson getting hurt before they bounced Braden outside to RT in week 8, and started Glow at RG. Haeg only moved to RG when Glow got hurt before the postseason if memory serves.

 

Honestly I'm not sure which was better

AC/Q/CK/nonsense/Haeg

vs 

AC/Q/CK/Glow/nonsense

 

Ideally I'd like to upgrade at T and push Braden back into G replacing Glow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...