Indianapolis Colts

On 8/18/2019 at 2:43 AM, Irish YJ said:

40 time was 5.04. that's pretty slow in terms of 40.

doesn't mean he can't run a crisp route and use his body to get open.

"fast" is not a word to describe hale though. he catches and blocks well.

besides his vert 33.5, the rest of his measurables at the pro day were pretty bad.

Measurables have their place but there's no great measurable for just being a heckuva football player.  Henteges is showing us that on field.  I like him and he very well make Doyle replaceable next year...and I really like Jack but this is a very positive cap development.

33 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Measurables have their place but there's no great measurable for just being a heckuva football player.  Henteges is showing us that on field.  I like him and he very well make Doyle replaceable next year...and I really like Jack but this is a very positive cap development.

I agree on being a heck of a football player. It's been exciting to see him play well, but I'd really like to see him play with the ones, vs the ones. It still really strange to me that he didn't get much PT at Bama. If there's any coach in CFB that's a good judge of talent, it's Saban.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Hentges is Doyle’s replacement. Has everything Jack has plus youth and a non-injured/repaired hip. I would keep the 4 TE’s and shop Travis or see if I could shop Doyle/MAC. 

I think we should slow down a bit on Hentges being Jack's replacement. He hasn't played in a regular season NFL game yet and people forget that the tools Jack brings aren't easily replicated. 

I could easily see us keeping Ebron, JD, MAC, & Hentges. JD & Ebron are UFA's after this year. If they both stay healthy this year and produce, I feel we will pay both of them. Having quality depth is never a bad thing, especially when it's cheap and on rookie deals. 

Then in 2022 maybe we decide to let Ebron or JD go test the market. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I think we should slow down a bit on Hentges being Jack's replacement. He hasn't played in a regular season NFL game yet and people forget that the tools Jack brings aren't easily replicated. 

I could easily see us keeping Ebron, JD, MAC, & Hentges. JD & Ebron are UFA's after this year. If they both stay healthy this year and produce, I feel we will pay both of them. Having quality depth is never a bad thing, especially when it's cheap and on rookie deals. 

It took Jack 3-4 years to get to HIS high level as a very solid all-around player.
If Hentges is a truly solid blocker, his path to getting to Jack's level could take less time.  
This is a Business we know.

HH was a 4 year kind of guy at Alabama.  A team captain.  SEC battle tested. He is likely more mature than most rookies.

3 hours ago, cjrulli said:

You're right, I was a little over my ski's, I was projecting a bit too much...