Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass Interference Penalties


Scott Pennock

Recommended Posts

I'm curious if someone can explain to me why they called the PI on Rock when the ball had already been tipped away by Hooker?

 

Also, I thought Tell had great coverage, used his body to shield, had his head turned and swatted the ball away cleanly?

 

If I were the staff I wouldn't even be upset about those two penalties.

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coltsfan66 said:

There were a lot of questionable calls, no doubt.  Indy needs to tighten that up if this is a precursor for the regular season.

It’s pre-season there are always a lot of flags because you have guys who don’t normally play and in some cases just aren’t good so they are more likely to get flagged to start with.  

 

Then the refs always over officiate the pre-season to get players used to new rules and points of emphasis and then the refs slowly back off once the real games start.

 

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.  If it happens vs the Chargers then be concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm curious if someone can explain to me why they called the PI on Rock when the ball had already been tipped away by Hooker?

 

Also, I thought Tell had great coverage, used his body to shield, had his head turned and swatted the ball away cleanly?

 

If I were the staff I wouldn't even be upset about those two penalties.

 

Thoughts?

Rock never turned his head to locate the ball. Which is why he got called. But truthfully there were a ton of calls that shouldn’t have been called.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Rock never turned his head to locate the ball. Which is why he got called. But truthfully there were a ton of calls that shouldn’t have been called.

Ya including the one on Tell I thought that call was crap along with a bunch of others I saw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s pre-season there are always a lot of flags because you have guys who don’t normally play and in some cases just aren’t good so they are more likely to get flagged to start with.  

 

Then the refs always over officiate the pre-season to get players used to new rules and points of emphasis and then the refs slowly back off once the real games start.

 

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.  If it happens vs the Chargers then be concerned.

I also think that the refs threw some questionable flags.  But you are correct, worry if it happens in the regular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

It’s pre-season there are always a lot of flags because you have guys who don’t normally play and in some cases just aren’t good so they are more likely to get flagged to start with.  

 

Then the refs always over officiate the pre-season to get players used to new rules and points of emphasis and then the refs slowly back off once the real games start.

 

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.

Playing and winning in football is harder than it looks. It's impossible to do what you're supposed to be doing, and cover for others who aren't getting the job done (yet). I saw a lot of that on TV yesterday. I hope they get it all together "by the time we reach the frontier" (Last Starfighter).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Packers lost first, and it was ugly. Bucs' D better than you give them credit for. Brady seems like landed in a good situation, with defensive and offensive support. 
    • I'm in this camp.    I don't really hate any of them, but they all have holes and are inconsistent. Some are too fan boy, some don't know the game well enough, some regurgitate, some are high light kings, some are just way off the mark.   Case in point. I like some of what Hicks does. Then this week though he comes out with an article pumping up Okereke. Yes, Oke's last game was improved, but he's been pretty bad for the most part this year. One or two decent games doesn't erase 4 bad ones and picking out highlights doesn't erase the really ugly plays that are ignored. I do agree he's probably better in man than zone.    Anyway, the inconsistency of the some of these guys drive me nuts. And I hate fanboys and highlight kings.
    • I see him taking the place of Parris Campbell. He has the speed and gets great seperation and hands. He shows confidence and in his own words, " he belongs ". Doesn't hurt that Phil Rivers mentioned him during the Post Game interview.  Having been a RB means he has the strength to get some good YAC. 
    • Hmm, did Yannick wear out his welcome in Minny already?
    • I personally don't care if he loves the game or not.  He can friggin sling it.   That love of the game stuff is not real to me.  If he came back, it would be for one of two reasons.  1.  he loves the game  2. He wants the money   Either of these reasons should yield good football.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...