Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass Interference Penalties

Scott Pennock

I'm curious if someone can explain to me why they called the PI on Rock when the ball had already been tipped away by Hooker?

Also, I thought Tell had great coverage, used his body to shield, had his head turned and swatted the ball away cleanly?

If I were the staff I wouldn't even be upset about those two penalties.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Coltsfan66 said:

There were a lot of questionable calls, no doubt.  Indy needs to tighten that up if this is a precursor for the regular season.

It’s pre-season there are always a lot of flags because you have guys who don’t normally play and in some cases just aren’t good so they are more likely to get flagged to start with.  

Then the refs always over officiate the pre-season to get players used to new rules and points of emphasis and then the refs slowly back off once the real games start.

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.  If it happens vs the Chargers then be concerned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm curious if someone can explain to me why they called the PI on Rock when the ball had already been tipped away by Hooker?

Also, I thought Tell had great coverage, used his body to shield, had his head turned and swatted the ball away cleanly?

If I were the staff I wouldn't even be upset about those two penalties.

Thoughts?

Rock never turned his head to locate the ball. Which is why he got called. But truthfully there were a ton of calls that shouldn’t have been called.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s pre-season there are always a lot of flags because you have guys who don’t normally play and in some cases just aren’t good so they are more likely to get flagged to start with.  

Then the refs always over officiate the pre-season to get players used to new rules and points of emphasis and then the refs slowly back off once the real games start.

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.  If it happens vs the Chargers then be concerned.

I also think that the refs threw some questionable flags.  But you are correct, worry if it happens in the regular season.

43 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

So I wouldn’t freak out too much about the number of flags right now.

Playing and winning in football is harder than it looks. It's impossible to do what you're supposed to be doing, and cover for others who aren't getting the job done (yet). I saw a lot of that on TV yesterday. I hope they get it all together "by the time we reach the frontier" (Last Starfighter).

• Like 1