Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Derwin James out for the colts game

CR91

I'm surprised this has not been a hot topic.

Losing All-Pro Safety Derwin James is a big loss for the Chargers.  Hopefully RB Melvin Gordon holds out until after they play the Colts

I'm got to the first game against the Chargers in LA.  I feel much more better about Andrew Luck starting and I'm getting re-Charged (no pun intended) about going to this game at Rokit Stadium, Carson, CA.

12 hours ago, Caffrey said:

I'm surprised this has not been a hot topic.

Losing All-Pro Safety Derwin James is a big loss for the Chargers.  Hopefully RB Melvin Gordon holds out until after they play the Colts

I'm got to the first game against the Chargers in LA.  I feel much more better about Andrew Luck starting and I'm getting re-Charged (no pun intended) about going to this game at Rokit Stadium, Carson, CA.

I wish they could (and in Gordon’s case...will) both play.  Gives us a better challenge — and the highest levels of competition are what the NFL are all about.

I get the sentiment — we want every win we can get to get the highest playoff see we can muster.  Having great players out increases our chance of victory.  And I’m not unsympathetic to it, naturally.  I guess I’m just not wired to hope that we play skeleton crews in the same uniforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

I wish they could (and in Gordon’s case...will) both play.  Gives us a better challenge — and the highest levels of competition are what the NFL are all about.

I get the sentiment — we want every win we can get to get the highest playoff see we can muster.  Having great players out increases our chance of victory.  And I’m not unsympathetic to it, naturally.  I guess I’m just not wired to hope that we play skeleton crews in the same uniforms.

I don't share the same opinion. Haha. I want Andrew to be healthy and to pick on James backup all day to a career day blowout win to start this season off with a bang. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatboy said:

It’s a season of survival - we don’t have automatic divisional wins (Buffalo, Miami, Jets), so a win aided by roster depletion can be very helpful for playoff seeding down the road.  Hey, why not be optimistic?

No such thing as automatic wins in the NFL...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No such thing as automatic wins in the NFL...

yeah the dolphins routinely  beat the patriots in miami despite being among the worst teams in the league

if you look at the dolphins roster its kind of amazing they managed to win as many games as they did the last few years

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah the dolphins routinely  beat the patriots in miami despite being among the worst teams in the league

if you look at the dolphins roster its kind of amazing they managed to win as many games as they did the last few years

the bold is exactly my point. Any given sunday, any team can beat another. People get too hung up on Strength of schedule etc, just go play the dang game. Looking good or bad on paper doesn't guarantee a good or bad season or a win against a portrayed "bad" team. 

How about “playing Buffalo, Miami, Jets year in and out is preferable to Titans, Texans, and Jags?”  The point is the same - playing  against a slightly  depleted Chargers versus one at full strength is to our favor, and we need every win we can get because the AFC South is going to be very stout this season.