Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Luck doing drills today

16 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

Good points...

I agree misdiagnoses is involved, the next few days is going to tell a lot.

How did he react to the workout, will he be practicing regularly going forward? 

What comes out from the Colts early this week is going to be telling.

I'm with you @90%... if he can tolerate lateral motion and repeated exercise he could be good to go but needs a couple of weeks of practice to be ready.

TY: Dude?  High Ankle? Come On?

Get the heck out here, man!

j/k...

Doubt we'll ever know the truth. But yup, I think misdiagnosis is likely the most plausible theory right now. Who knows though. We can only glean info from reports, but the vid could suggest things are not as serious as some have thought. I guess we'll know in a few weeks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think there is a chance they did not misdiagnos. He did have a calf strain. If he does have that boney growth from it that can take up to six months to show up. It is also possible that the ankle pain didn’t show up until camp started which would be about the six month mark. We will probably never know.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think there is a chance they did not misdiagnos. He did have a calf strain. If he does have that boney growth from it that can take up to six months to show up. It is also possible that the ankle pain didn’t show up until camp started which would be about the six month mark. We will probably never know.

From what I've read, a bone growth issue can cause discomfort in the calf, Achilles, and ankle. Really anywhere in the lower leg depending on location of the growth. Just depends on the muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc that are impacted by the growth. We'll probably have to wait till Luck retires and writes a book lol

• Like 1

Just now, Irish YJ said:

From what I've read, a bone growth issue can cause discomfort in the calf, Achilles, and ankle. Really anywhere in the lower leg depending on location of the growth. Just depends on the muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc that are impacted by the growth. We'll probably have to wait till Luck retires and writes a book lol

This should spur him on to write that book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

This should spur him on to write that book.

He might have to bone up on his writing skills though

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reich just had a presser. Luck will not practice this week. Although call me skeptical since practice is behind closed doors.

At this point the entire Luck saga is tiring. Let’s just support the team and move on no matter who is the QB. I am tired of all the drama. It’s like  just make a decision for week one and run with it. 

• Like 2

Mod Note

I've once again had to remove a number of posts in a topic as they were, aside from a brief interlude of almost intelligent discourse, mostly just personal attacks. 

It's fine to disagree, it's fine to "argue" the content of someone's post, it's not fine to resort to name calling and calling other posters out completely out of context to the topic being discussed. 

You all know the rules, it would be silly to get banned before the season starts... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I realize they are being cautious, I just wish he would've had a full camp instead of using game 1 (against the Chargers no less) to get his reps in.