Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck doing drills today

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is such a great point.

This was done to show the fans that Luck is still a possible player. Now come buy some tickets fans. Lol 

it was good good to see from my perspective 

Sarcastic update ahead :

While Luck has been seen practicing we are sorry to report after the Browns game Luck was bitten on his big toe by the mean green turf monster at LOS and will miss 8 games.  

again this was just for fun but could happen. I hope and expect Luck to be ready game one, but nothings official until its official . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbear said:

Hopefully someone asks coach (or luck) if that was the first time he did that drill lately and how he felt afterward.  

I think someone did in the presser after the game. Reich said he was preparing for the game and did not see Luck workout so he didn’t know exactly what he did to comment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

The issue is not "is he playing week1" but rather is he playing the rest of the year without getting re-injured.

Not sure you realize....    there is no answer for that question....     no one knows...

No doctor knows...    Luck doesn't know.    Ballard and Reich don't know.

The best anyone can make is an educated guess....     but that's about it....

9 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I've thought for a few weeks, but always ended up dismissing it because it has to be nonsense..... What if Luck is a modern Iverson.... He just hates camp? And realized he doesn't have to really do much because what are they really going to do, bench him?  Like I said... Ridiculous, but hey... Maybe.  It isn't like he really wants to be bothered by even throwing in front of people if he has even the slightest "injury", he seems to really prefer working one on one with Tom House ...  Who knows, he would be far from the first superstar athlete to just chill through camps and turn it on when the bright lights hit...

Sorry,   but there is no "maybe" involved here....

We have the answer.   Luck has always been very much like Peyton Manning.    He doesn't just like practice,  he LOVES practice.    Every bit of it.    Wants to take all the reps he can and more if possible.    Even if the back-up isn't getting their reps.    

And every time Luck has been hurt he talks about how not being able to play reminds him of just how much he loves football and not just the games.    Loves everything about football.

He isn't my favorite athlete simply because he's a great player.    He's my favorite athlete because he does almost everything right.   At least he tries to do everything right, even when he fails.    More than just the games,  he loves practice,  he's loves being in the locker room with the guys...     loves being part of the community,  he's perfect for Indianapolis.   Tries to answer as many questions as he can in post-game interviews.    All of it.

Luck is the anti-Iverson.   As far away from Alan as possible.    No worries here.   Andrew is as advertised.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I posted earlier, my biggest fear was the Colts were hiding something like it may be his Achilles or something. If it wasn't that and it appears it isn't than I figured he would play in week 1. Luck is a tough guy and isn't going to sit out because of a minor ankle sprain. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It still isn't official but the likelihood he will start on opening day is at 90% which I actually said 2 days ago barring no stunning news we haven't heard about. It has been said it never was his Achilles and surgery was never needed since his injury happened so I just rode off that. Luck is a tough guy and IMO wasn't going to miss a game due to a calf strain or minor ankle sprain if that indeed is the true injury.

Sorry,  I don't mean to dump on my friend,  CBE....    but why is he making posts about not believing Luck would miss Week 1 because of a.....  MINOR ANKLE SPRAIN?!?     He posted this thought at least twice.    And it's wrong both times.

Look....   there's been nothing "minor" about ths injury.    This injury has lasted at least 4 months. For the majority of that time it was called a calf injury.   Then,  suddenly there was talk of a possible achilies injury.   Then, even when the story shifted to a possible ankle sprain in the last few weeks,  the talk was of a "high ankle sprain."    Not a "minor" one.    And a high ankle sprain is the worst ankle sprain you can suffer.

There is zero evidence that Luck has been dealing with a "minor ankle sprain"....  Or even a minor anything.    So talking about it in this thread is completely false.    Nothing to support that idea.    Everything supports a much worse injury even if we never know what the injury truly is.   

I'm glad CBE appears to be right about playing in week one.    But everything else?    He was just being his optimistic self.   Because his theory is false.    Sorry,  I love the guy,  but there it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The media overhyping something? Nah, that would never happen.

Sorry,  the media didn't do anything wrong here....

All they ever did was report what came out of Colts camp.

This wasn't a media driven story,  this was a Colts driven story.    When things got crazy, it wasn't due to the media,  it was due to the Colts.   And we've all been talking about that for a few years now.   

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  I don't mean to dump on my friend,  CBE....    but why is he making posts about not believing Luck would miss Week 1 because of a.....  MINOR ANKLE SPRAIN?!?     He posted this thought at least twice.    And it's wrong both times.

Look....   there's been nothing "minor" about ths injury.    This injury has lasted at least 4 months. For the majority of that time it was called a calf injury.   Then,  suddenly there was talk of a possible achilies injury.   Then, even when the story shifted to a possible ankle sprain in the last few weeks,  the talk was of a "high ankle sprain."    Not a "minor" one.    And a high ankle sprain is the worst ankle sprain you can suffer.

There is zero evidence that Luck has been dealing with a "minor ankle sprain"....  Or even a minor anything.    So talking about it in this thread is completely false.    Nothing to support that idea.    Everything supports a much worse injury even if we never know what the injury truly is.   

I'm glad CBE appears to be right about playing in week one.    But everything else?    He was just being his optimistic self.   Because his theory is false.    Sorry,  I love the guy,  but there it is.

Actually you are right, it wasn't minor as his injury has lingered for a while, so minor was the wrong word to use on my part. I just didn't see it as bad as his shoulder injury was in 2017 once they said no surgery would be needed and it wasn't his Achilles. 

I was happy to see it.  Then i wondered if it was to get the "feel" of pre-game warmups, etc?   Was it to make a point?

What i didnt like is that i kept thinking " dont roll your ankle by stepping on one of those bags!"  I would have been happier if it was one of those rope-ladder things they us.

...... just me overthinking things.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  the media didn't do anything wrong here....

All they ever did was report what came out of Colts camp.

This wasn't a media driven story,  this was a Colts driven story.    When things got crazy, it wasn't due to the media,  it was due to the Colts.   And we've all been talking about that for a few years now.   

Here is the thing though. The first few days of Camp there are videos of him doing these exact same drills. It’s in videos the colts put out. They acted like he broke his ankle or did something else to it after he decided to quit practicing. I

This forum is hilarious guys. :) Just 2, maybe 3 days ago "we" (as a forum, I'm not citing individuals) burried the whole season 'cause Luck is injury prone, can't stay healthy, can't heal fast enough, he is still hurt, if 4 months weren't enough, 3 weeks won't help s**t, and so on and so on.

Now, we see a short footage in which Luck does some drills, that Deion Cain has been doing ever since probably february. And Cain still had to rehab for 4-6 months more to be able to get to NFL ready. If he's ready at all. I mean 100% ready. But that doesn't matter, because we saw the man jumping for a few seconds, and now, the whole forum exhales and blame the naysayers. :D

I'm NOT saying Luck won't play, neither saying he will, as Holder said, I know s**t. I am just enjoying this forum as it is. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the thing though. The first few days of Camp there are videos of him doing these exact same drills. It’s in videos the colts put out. They acted like he broke his ankle or did something else to it after he decided to quit practicing. I

Gee, i thought they acted like Luck stopped practicing because those drills caused soreness that had him concerned. Yes, there is a bad actor here.

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The information was, at best, incomplete and confusing, because that's what the Colts put out.   Isn't that what we've been talking about for more than 3 weeks?      

What is Luck's injury?

Calf?    Achilies?    Ankle?    Some combination?    

The story kept changing.      Reporters,  both in Indianapolis and on the national level just tried to keep up with a changing narrative.    Can't blame the reporters when the story is constantly shifting.

• Like 1

The more I watch the video of Luck working out before the game last night the more I think this is Luck's way of telling the fans to RELAX.  He said he would be there to start the season and with three weeks to go it certainly looks like he will be. A picture or video is worth a thousand words right?  Right!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The more I watch the video of Luck working out before the game last night the more I think this is Luck's way of telling the fans to RELAX.  He said he would be there to start the season and with three weeks to go it certainly looks like he will be. A picture or video is worth a thousand words right?  Right!

Yep. If he was struggling that would never have been done in public 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

spot on.

with all the ups and downs of this saga, it will be interesting to find out what exactly happened lol. doubt we ever will. how serious was/is it? was it really ever a true calf issue?

i heard one theory (from my cousin's doctor). he said most of the docs at his hospital are big Colts fans, and most think it was always a bone growth issue issue that resulted in pain/discomfort to the high ankle / calf area that was simply missed earlier. if true, it would mean that it's just about pain management through the season till the bone growth stops, at which time (post season) simple surgery is an easy fix. so, not really serious, just misdiagnosed and he wasn't doing the right things (treatment) until recently.

but yes, the video is huge for fans. never had a boot through this whole ordeal, didn't look to be wincing and had good motion in the vid. the most we've seen is a bit of tape. i'm back to optimistic, and putting his starting game one at 80%. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

spot on.

with all the ups and downs of this saga, it will be interesting to find out what exactly happened lol. doubt we ever will. how serious was/is it? was it really ever a true calf issue?

i heard one theory (from my cousin's doctor). he said most of the docs at his hospital are big Colts fans, and most think it was always a bone growth issue issue that resulted in pain/discomfort to the high ankle / calf area that was simply missed earlier. if true, it would mean that it's just about pain management through the season till the bone growth stops, at which time (post season) simple surgery is an easy fix. so, not really serious, just misdiagnosed and he wasn't doing the right things (treatment) until recently.

but yes, the video is huge for fans. never had a boot through this whole ordeal, didn't look to be wincing and had good motion in the vid. the most we've seen is a bit of tape. i'm back to optimistic, and putting his starting game one at 80%. 

Good points...

I agree misdiagnoses is involved, the next few days is going to tell a lot.

How did he react to the workout, will he be practicing regularly going forward? 

What comes out from the Colts early this week is going to be telling.

I'm with you @90%... if he can tolerate lateral motion and repeated exercise he could be good to go but needs a couple of weeks of practice to be ready.

TY: Dude?  High Ankle? Come On?

Get the heck out here, man!

j/k...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. If he was struggling that would never have been done in public 

Well...    this is pretty much the first public viewing of Luck in some time....

So, when he's been out of sight,  I think it's fair to say,  he may have been struggling...

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...    this is pretty much the first public viewing of Luck in some time....

So, when he's been out of sight,  I think it's fair to say,  he may have been struggling...

There have been reporters who have see him throw. He has been out at camp watching practices and walking with no issues. Not sure that is the case. This was a nfl network game so there just happened to be national media there 2 hrs before the game.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's possible. But I think his workout on Saturday was planned and staged for the purpose of telling people that he expects to be able to play in Week 1.

He chose to do a a workout featuring lateral movement, at nearly full speed, in view of the NFL Network cameras for a game that was being broadcast in a solo TV slot. This is a few days after the GM said 'he needs to be able to move laterally,' and two days after Peyton Manning said 'I feel good about him playing.' 

Luck and the Colts had to know that this would get a ton of attention, and be scrutinized to the nth degree. I think he and they were sending a message. Without saying anything outright, so they can stick to their 'we don't know when he'll be ready' message, they were saying 'we expect him to play Week 1.' 

That's just my read on it. Reich said he'd give an update tomorrow (I think?), so we'll see if there's any update. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Did the Colts practice today? Because it seems dead on Colts.com so I'm assuming they didn't at least not full practice maybe a walk through at best. 

No. Tuesday-Thursday. Don’t expect to hear much. They are now closed to the media.

Its funny seeing ortho doctors who haven’t seen one scan diagnos his injury. One guy on YouTube said his Achilles is probably deteriorating with a calcium deposit. Now it could be a calcium deposit but to say it will effect his Achilles like that is funny.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's possible. But I think his workout on Saturday was planned and staged for the purpose of telling people that he expects to be able to play in Week 1.

He chose to do a a workout featuring lateral movement, at nearly full speed, in view of the NFL Network cameras for a game that was being broadcast in a solo TV slot. This is a few days after the GM said 'he needs to be able to move laterally,' and two days after Peyton Manning said 'I feel good about him playing.' 

Luck and the Colts had to know that this would get a ton of attention, and be scrutinized to the nth degree. I think he and they were sending a message. Without saying anything outright, so they can stick to their 'we don't know when he'll be ready' message, they were saying 'we expect him to play Week 1.' 

That's just my read on it. Reich said he'd give an update tomorrow (I think?), so we'll see if there's any update. 

I absolutely agree.    He's much improved and it the showcase was clearly deliberate.

I'm only saying this appears to be a newer development and that his injury impacted him earlier in camp....

That's all.     As of today,  I'm with the vast majority of posters believing Luck will be a full GO on Week 1 of the regular season.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. Tuesday-Thursday. Don’t expect to hear much. They are now closed to the media.

Its funny seeing ortho doctors who haven’t seen one scan diagnos his injury. One guy on YouTube said his Achilles is probably deteriorating with a calcium deposit. Now it could be a calcium deposit but to say it will effect his Achilles like that is funny.

Not sure what you find so funny?     All you have to do is read most any thread on this website that's talking about anyone's injury.

People here are not doctors,  they are not privy to any inside information.   They know only what the team releases.     And yet people here are entirely comfortable making any argument they want.   People here get the tip of the iceberg regarding information and they think they know enough....

The media has info the Colts give them,  they may have more on deep background,   they may have more if they can relay info to a doctor...    All sorts of possibilities....    media reports don't make me laugh.     Fan posts make me laugh....

But maybe that's just me....