Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck doing drills today

I've thought for a few weeks, but always ended up dismissing it because it has to be nonsense..... What if Luck is a modern Iverson.... He just hates camp? And realized he doesn't have to really do much because what are they really going to do, bench him?  Like I said... Ridiculous, but hey... Maybe.  It isn't like he really wants to be bothered by even throwing in front of people if he has even the slightest "injury", he seems to really prefer working one on one with Tom House ...  Who knows, he would be far from the first superstar athlete to just chill through camps and turn it on when the bright lights hit...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

He looks like a bum. Let's get rid of him, I think we could get Kirk Cousins for him.

This looks like 2017 all over again. I don’t think he will be ready

until after week 8. Put him on IR. Seems to be made of glass. Ballard needs to draft his replacement next year. Why isn’t he practicing? He should be a man and do it. 

Did I miss anything?

38 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I've thought for a few weeks, but always ended up dismissing it because it has to be nonsense..... What if Luck is a modern Iverson.... He just hates camp? And realized he doesn't have to really do much because what are they really going to do, bench him?  Like I said... Ridiculous, but hey... Maybe.  It isn't like he really wants to be bothered by even throwing in front of people if he has even the slightest "injury", he seems to really prefer working one on one with Tom House ...  Who knows, he would be far from the first superstar athlete to just chill through camps and turn it on when the bright lights hit...

I think Luck is too much of a team player for this to be the case, but you never know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Restored said:

until after week 8. Put him on IR. Seems to be made of glass. Ballard needs to draft his replacement next year. Why isn’t he practicing? He should be a man and do it. 

Did I miss anything?

You forgot “It’s just a battle between his ears at this point”

4 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

He's playing week 1. Good call @2006Coltsbestever

I have just always thought the Colts were being cautious with him. Unless his injury had something  to do with his Achilles or he needed surgery I just never believed he wasn't going to play. Of course nothing is official yet but it looks good as of now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

A qb in the nfl is a lot different than being a superstar basketball player. Guys like Iverson can practically just show up and still be special. QB's need serious practice for timing and mechanics. And the guys that practice the best are generally the best ie: Peyton Manning/ Tom Brady's of the world. 

Just now, Maniac said:

Moving better than I ever could... looked pretty limber in those drills!

Like I posted earlier, my biggest fear was the Colts were hiding something like it may be his Achilles or something. If it wasn't that and it appears it isn't than I figured he would play in week 1. Luck is a tough guy and isn't going to sit out because of a minor ankle sprain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restored said:

Did I miss anything?

Sack up?

29 minutes ago, a06cc said:

So I was again laughed at. My source and I will keep them nameless told me he’d be ready week 1. Isn’t pain free yet, but getting there. 

I have always been in the camp he would play in week 1 and posted it many times. I can see why people would be worried about it though. I just haven't been worried about it. He is a franchise QB and wasn't go to play much in the pre-season if at all anyway. It still isn't official but the likelihood he will start on opening day is at 90% which I actually said 2 days ago barring no stunning news we haven't heard about. It has been said it never was his Achilles and surgery was never needed since his injury happened so I just rode off that. Luck is a tough guy and IMO wasn't going to miss a game due to a calf strain or minor ankle sprain if that indeed is the true injury.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have always been in the camp he would play in week 1 and posted it many times. I can see why people would be worried about it though. I just haven't been worried about. He is a franchise QB and wasn't go to play much in the pre-season if at all anyway. It still isn't official but the likelihood he will start on opening day is at 90% which I actually said 2 days ago barring no stunning news we haven't heard about. It has been said it never was his Achilles and surgery was never needed since his injury happened so I just rode off that. Luck is a tough guy and IMO wasn't going to miss a game due to a calf strain or minor ankle sprain if that indeed is the true injury.

Great call my friend! Bragging rights for you and happiness for all of us! :banana:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Great call my friend! Bragging rights for you and happiness for all of us! :banana:

It wasn't really so much about me or the other people that said he would play for wanting to be right. I just couldn't believe how many people doubted him and said he wouldn't play on opening day. That surprised me. I know everyone is happy that loves the Colts assuming he will play now :thmup:. Having said that who knows what tomorrow will bring. Until the Colts actually say he will start on opening day, it isn't official. That is why I say 90% and not 100% haha 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have always been in the camp he would play in week 1 and posted it many times. I can see why people would be worried about it though. I just haven't been worried about it. He is a franchise QB and wasn't go to play much in the pre-season if at all anyway. It still isn't official but the likelihood he will start on opening day is at 90% which I actually said 2 days ago barring no stunning news we haven't heard about. It has been said it never was his Achilles and surgery was never needed since his injury happened so I just rode off that. Luck is a tough guy and IMO wasn't going to miss a game due to a calf strain or minor ankle sprain if that indeed is the true injury.

Yes, and he was smiling after those drills so it looks good for week 1

• Like 2

This is good news but I am still betting the Colts remain over cautious (and with good reason) with Luck and if that means he misses a game so he can play the rest of the season I wouldn’t rule it out.  Still things appear to be trending toward him playing in week one.