Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Browns Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You have to remember your not typically going to play a bunch of backups at the same time. Most likely you you can be ok with just having to have one in there.

This o-line is gonna regress and the credit goes to Frank for firing the guy that helped fix it stupidity at its finest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You think someone is going to trade for a undrafted FA. Maybe Travis I guess. Ebron and Doyle are not going anywhere. I don’t seem them trading Coz.

I would not be surprised if Hentges makes the team and continues the streak.  It would be Travis or Coz I guess.  

55 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will get picked up off the PS if not on waviers.

I agree.  Ballard has to find a way to keep him because he will lose Brissett anyway.  How fast Luck recovers could be key on the final cutdown day.  It's a long season.  He might decide to play it safe and keep three.  I think he will lose Kelly if he exposes him. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  Ballard has to find a way to keep him because he will lose Brissett anyway.  How fast Luck recovers could be key on the final cutdown day.  It's a long season.  He might decide to play it safe and keep three.  I think he will lose Kelly if he exposes him. 

Agreed for sure.

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

New scheme. If this running game fails, it is all on Reich. He made a coaching change. It sometimes takes a good half of a season for a D and/or and O to get use to a new scheme.  Let's c what happens

I'm still optimistic it will work out, but it's hard not to think - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hmmm....Jimmy G is banged up and may not play???      
    • The Colts need to move on from Doyle and quite possible MO. Doyle is at the end of his career regardless of his decision to retire or not. Ballard needs to sign someone who can stretch the field and be a consistent play-maker that this offense desperately needs at the TE spot.
    • I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s had enough of the injuries and rehab.  Maybe Ohio State offered him a position.  One could easily surmise that from his tweet.
    • I guess I appreciate thoughtful posts lol It's a good topic too.  On the topic of Ballard though, gonna be a big year either way for him in 2022.  Got my popcorn. Hope the movie isn't a flop lol. 
    • It's a business. Part of the business is marketing and selling.  I was called cynical for making a similar comment lol... But it's simple reality.  I don't doubt Jim's desire to win though.  Big question to me, is Irsay himself willing to make tweaks in the FO and scheme to improve things as well.  I wonder if you look at all games/snaps lost this season due to Covid, what % is vax'd vs un-vax'd.  Wentz didn't miss games/snaps due to covid.... Missed practice though. But so did a lot of vax'd guys.      Before I continue, I'll say that it's completely obvious that Rivers is elite in short level one passing (L1). He's one of the best. And Carson is more of an extending L2 and L3 guy, from a skills perspective.... You also know I'm a Rivers fan, and wanted him back...    That said, I'm not so sure we can be emphatic that WRs looked better, or worse, with either.... OL was top 10 last year for Rivers, and bottom 3 in pass pro for Wentz. Rivers would have looked very different under the same circumstance, and his stats would have been closer to his 2019 season in LAC, which was not very good. And River's OL was not even as bad IIRC in 2019.... And even if you compare all the stats and quality ratings/rankings between the two, there's simply a very mixed bag which one could make a case either way..... As far as pass catcher stats...  Pittman (PFF grade / YPG) - clearly better with Wentz 2020  62.6  / 38.7 2021:  78.0 /  63.6 Comment: Sure you can chalk a lot up to simply no longer being a rook, but there is no doubt whatsoever that Wentz and Pitt had chemistry. And one could argue Pitt and Wentz are simply good fits (both excel in L2/3 type of play).  TY - push (due to decreased snaps, targets, and games, usage type, and simply age...)  2020:  77.7 / 50.8 2021:  70.1 / 33.1 Comments:  Sure, better with Rivers in pure stats/grades, but what this doesn't show is that his snaps decreased significantly as did he targets per game. He started 6 less games this year due to issues. So the grading and YPG difference, isn't actually something you can hang your hat on if trying to look at QB impact. And if you're going to weight Pitt's improvement due to year 2 improvement (not being a rook), you have to also extend the same rational for TY who's older and declining....  Jack Doyle - better with Wentz  2020:  67.0 / 17.9 2021:  71.6 / 17.8 Comments:  no difference in YPG, but graded about 5pts higher, and increased his 1D catches 38% with Wentz.... Pascal - better with Rivers  2020:  64.2 / 39.3 2021:  52.7 / 24.0 Comments:  His air yards went from 5.6 to 3.5, so obviously he ran different routes and used differently in 2021. Overall, he stepped into a #2 role this year, and had similar snaps to our #1, so obviously getting more attention from Ds this year too. Used a ton in blocking this year as well, more so than last year's %. Most believe he's a WR4, so not a huge shock to see him regress in a bigger role, getting more attention.  Taylor - push or slightly better with Wentz Note: I'll use passer rating when targeted instead of PFF since RB grades are mixed. 2020:  107.2 / 19.9 2021:  109.2 / 21.2 Comments:  Taylor ate into Hines' carries and targets from last year, and made small improvements in the passing game, which is pretty impressive his use and production in the running game. Hines - not going to list him as his use dropped big time (40+% less rushes, 25% less targets). Need to get him back in the mix.
  • Members

• rock8591

rock8591 600

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 1,819

• KB

KB 335

• Sikma

Sikma 0

Rookie
    • richard pallo

richard pallo 3,873