Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Browns Preseason Game Day Thread

Hi, Colts fans!  :) Our Indianapolis Colts will try to win both their first preseason, and first game in 2019 as they host the Cleveland Browns, as both teams lead off the Saturday's live game action in the Week 2, 2019  NFL Preseason Schedule, and the Colts Vs. Browns NFL game will be the first of three live preseason games televised nationally on The NFL Network.

Our Colts suffered a 24-16 preseason road loss at Buffalo, while Browns won in Cleveland, defeating the Redskins 30-10 in both teams Week 1 preseason games.

Indianapolis and Cleveland are playing their ninth all-time preseason game, with the Colts leading the series 6-2.  Colts defeated the Browns in 27-6 in both teams last preseason meeting played at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building) back on August 24, 2013. 

Indianapolis and Cleveland have also played 29 games, including 25 regular season games (Colts lead 13-12), and 4 postseason games (2-2). Colts defeated the Browns 31-28 in the last meeting played at LOS back on September 24, 2017.

Colts held their last full week of their training camp, and  have been having joint practices with the Cleveland Browns after the Browns arrived to Indiana Tuesday night.  Both teams held joint practices on Wednesday and Thursday at the Grand Park Sports Campus in Westfield.

Colts Head Coach Frank Reich and his Colts assistant coaches and support staff concluded and  wrapped up the 2019 training camp Friday at Westfield. Many players played great after healing from injuries during the offseason, and competition for wide receiver and cornerback are reportedly intense during training camps. Colts WR Daurice Fountain suffered and was hospitalized and had surgery with  his severe ankle injury on Friday's last day of training camp.

Cleveland Browns also feature players that may only play a few offensive series after the start of this afternoon's game, including second-year players QB Baker Mayfield and RB Nick Chubb, and off-season signees WR Odell Beckham, Jr., and RB Kareem Hunt.  Browns had a second half surge during the second half of their 2018 NFL Regular Season, and finished 7-8-1.

Third-year Colts QB Jacoby Brissett could start the rest of the preseason games, as news of Andrew Luck's calf and ankle sprain, and uncertainty of Luck available to start in Week 1 of the NFL Regular Season made around the media outlets, after being awarded the 2018 NFL Comeback Player Of The Year.

Greg Rakestraw and former University Of Northwestern and NFL coach Rick Venturi are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Larra Overton, simulcast locally in Indianapolis both on WXIN FOX Channel 59 and live online game streaming  in your personal devices on https://fox59.com/ , regionally in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky on the Colts Preseason Television Network, and nationally on both The NFL Network, and The Armed Forces Broadcast Network.

LOS's roof will be closed for this afternoon's 4:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because the local gamecast around the stadium area in Downtown Indianapolis is 84 degrees, feels like 88 degrees, 15% precipitation, 59% humidity, and southwest winds at 8 miles per hour.

NO injuries to all the Colts and Browns players, as all of them continue to both apply and audition for rosters sports in September, especially the drafted and undrafted college players,  and the rookie and veteran free agents, make the cut throughout the preseason games and their teams training camps, from the current 90-man rosters, to the final 53-man regular season roster and practice squad.

Win your first game in front home fans for the first time in 2019 at LOS, Go Blue, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!! :cheer:  :rock:    :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:    :cheer:   :D

2019 Colts Vs. Browns Broadcast Info, Game Preview, and Live NFL Game Centers:

https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preseason-preview-colts-browns-week-2

https://fox59.com/2019/08/17/watch-the-indianapolis-colts-take-on-the-cleveland-browns-on-fox59-and-fox59.com

https://www.colts.com/game-day/2019/pre/browns-at-colts/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019081752/2019/PRE2/browns@colts

https://indystar.com/sports/colts/

• Like 3

Wondering if the new thing in the entire NFL is that head coaches do not seem to putting their starting players on the field as much during pre-season as they did in the past . That being said ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

4 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Wondering if the new thing in the entire NFL is that head coaches do not seem to putting their starting players on the field as much during pre-season as they did in the past . That being said ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

Not punting is another

Thanks @LucasOilStadium

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Gilbert balled out in the AAF this past spring. I'm interested to see how he plays today...

Thanks LOS :)

Let's GOOOO Colts, anxious to see how our guys do today.  More importantly, no injuries !!

• Like 1

Lol gal on NFL Network couldn't get Warner to shut up so she could transition to pre kickoff coverage lmao

Not that I am complaining about not having Baker on the field... but I was kind of hoping we would “humble” him today after all that celebration hype the Browns displayed in their preseason game one :scorebad:

• Like 1

Here in my neighborhood (NY area) heard complaints that a lot of starters(tho healthy) did not dress for last nights Giants game. I think a lot of teams seem to be doing that .

Anyone else hope/think they might let Kelly play qb for an entire half?  I hope he plays 2nd and 3rd qtr.... The team knows who Walker is, let's see what Kelly does with our number twos....

Also, if they are giving Kareem hunt the twenty carries just mentioned, temper the criticism a bit of our run d, at least the backups when they go against him en masse..

lol

Hearing it more and more …….."He is going to play week one "

• Like 1

Mooch talking about Colts not needing to play anyone who even has a hangnail as this is a playoff team with no need to expose anyone to undue risk..... 

Yeah, this is an established and accepted practice.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

TY wont play after all.

I'm good with that.  Is Nelson playing?

I hope that Holder article about how Luck is maddeningly and freakishly private over his medicals, alleviated all of that "the colts lie to the fans" drivel people like Dakich shovel out as fast as they can....

• Like 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm good with that.  Is Nelson playing?

No

The maniac.

• Like 1

Surprised Baker isn’t playing. One of the reasons I was looking forward to the 1st qtr.

Incomplete in the flat to Hunt, Margus disrupts, Complete for about 4, D Leonard stop, 

Go to nickel d on 3and 6....   False start....

3rd and 11..... Still in nickel from the 16 yd line..... 22 yard complete up middle of zone.  Cover 2.  No pressure lead to completion.

1 and 10.  K hunt 2 yd.  Hunt and walker stop.

Fast pass out to right, dropped .. desir covers

3and 8 in nickel... Fake blitz, shift to man coverage.... Pass broken up by desir.  

Punt forthcoming from cle.

Colts held on return....

• Thanks 1

Offense is same preseason formula we've had for twenty years, 3 carries, punt.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Awesome sack there for Turay on a 3rd & 16.

I wish we could get some looks with this defense against Mayfield tonight, but it is what it is. Good for confidence, as we are looking pretty solid. Offense is going to be very basic again. Trying to establish that run. Need to open it up a bit on 3rd down, IMO. Everything will be OK. 

We'll see more next week. 

Browns 1st down from 36... K hunt runs for 4, geathers stopped.

2nd and 6.... Hunt for no gain.  Leonard tackle.  Wr 88 held..... Loss of ten.

2nd and 16 from 30 yd line....

In nickel, Moore in slot.... Incomplete, a. Walker covers about 12 yds downfield...

No blitz will be this preseason....Venturi says will only use four man rush.  

Turay sack using inside, nine yard sack.... 

4th and 25, false star....

Punting 4th and 30 from the 15

Rogers shows why he should be upgraded from as returner.... Waved it off and we start deeeep in own territory.  Bad decision imo.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I wish we could get some looks with this defense against Mayfield tonight, but it is what it is. Good for confidence, as we are looking pretty solid. Offense is going to be very basic again. Trying to establish that run. Need to open it up a bit on 3rd down, IMO. Everything will be OK. 

Next to impossible to establish a run really when you do it every snap.... Lol.

Rodgers can't be fumbling those... not that it mattered, but his job is hardly guaranteed.