Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett 2017 highlights

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am sure he has gotten better now. Like I said he didn’t even have time to learn the play book back in 2017. He was thrown in there cold.

If he has then I feel decently optomistic that he can sit in for Adrew in week 1 or 2 and keep us alive if needed.  That is his biggest weakness along with throwing that late turnover that gives the game to the opposition when it looks like we might win.

The big issue with JB is he throws the ball with a lot of velocity. Luck has a soft touch. I could see Ebron and DF with there catch rate maybe having a little issue with how hard JB throws it. JB has been with these guys since the spring taking all the snaps. He has a entire year playing with TY. For what it’s worth I think luck plays week one.

JB is fine.  We can win games with him.  He got sacked a bunch in 2017 because he had no WRs competent enough to get open fast enough when blitzed.  I assume both scheme and improved talent will help as long as he can practice efficiently.

I want Luck back ASAP to win as many games as possible to improve our playoff seed.  Outside of considerations for playoffs, I have no real issue with JB.

I think luck may possibly miss a game or two, with him gone I think JB lights it up. When Luck returns I think JB gets traded. That’s what I personally think is going to happen. He’s in a contract year and wants to start I don’t think he returns in the off-season he’d likely want to test out FA, might as well get some value for him.

Brissett has many good qualities

Strong arm and mobile. 

Did you notice how many games that we were actually in in 2017?..... bad record, but many close games.

Especially through the first 3 quarters....

We were competitive in almost all games...... but he was getting hit.... often

He was sacked, and hit on almost every pass drop.

He kept getting up

I suspect I like Brissett more than others on the board.  I hate that Luck may miss game one.

But...... anxious to see what JB can do with an improved OL 

Some of you on this board beleive it is ok to trash our own players. If they are wearing the horseshoe in my opnion they don't deserve the trash that comes from some of us. This board is filled with opnions and that is what it's here for but might want to watch what is said. Everyone with the horseshoe needs encouragement. Not disrespect that we give them at times. 

Support the shoe.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

Some of you on this board beleive it is ok to trash our own players. If they are wearing the horseshoe in my opnion they don't deserve the trash that comes from some of us. This board is filled with opnions and that is what it's here for but might want to watch what is said. Everyone with the horseshoe needs encouragement. Not disrespect that we give them at times. 

Support the shoe.

Just my opinion.

I think that most people that come here "love the shoe"

As with ANYTHING..........  People have different opinions.... which is OK.

Some people.... (for some reason)...... HAVE to be right on everything that they THINK

This HAVE TO BE RIGHT approach is a sign of immaturity and is a weakness..... not a strength.

The days of internet have created a group of people that regularly take dumps on other people if there is a disagreement ...... Its amazing how many threads that get derailed by 2-3 people trying to land internet "haymakers" on each other.

People that seem to be VERY intelligent, but get their feelings hurt easily

The true "toughguy" internet bully.........  

Its just not worth it for me..... I try to not be in the middle of these things..... they are WORTHLESS

Everyone has an opinion that ends up at least being partially on 100% wrong

I have wrong opinions too, but my days of the back and forth YAMMERING is not something that I want to spend much time on

• Like 1