Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Orlovsky Set For Tampa Switch

OllyDawes

Being reported that Dan-O is off to Tampa on a one year deal.

Bit disappointed, thought he'd shown enough to suggest he could be a good backup to Luck. Leaves another hole too - who should be the new backup?

One of the Redskins QBs, Rex Grossman or John Beck would be fine as a backup :)

No "Sexy Rexy" pleeeaaaaas!!!!!!!!

It is a backup job!!! He is definitely better than Painter, dont ya think?

Matt Leinart was already cut, would you have Leinart over Grossman then? Grossman at least has more starting experience.

Matt Leinart was already cut, would you have Leinart over Grossman then? Grossman at least has more starting experience.

Perhaps Grossman would seek a starter job first, so I don't think he would say "Yes" to us.

I don't think Painter is the gauge for a backup QB.

Anyway, Dan-O receives a starter job?

A little surprised they didn't keep him but not dissappointed or upset. They just signed a rookie from last year. DO NOT WANT GROSSMAN. Too inconsistant and full of himself, don't want Diva Tebow either and don't think he would want to be backup to a new rookie. Have to think about who might fit the bill in case of emergency we hope doesn't occur this coming year or anytime soon.

Could you imagine the ramifications if we get Orton as a backup?????

There would not be a force in the NFL able to combat the Instant "NeckBeard" winnage that the Colts would have with a QB combo of Luck/Orton.

Heard Cowboys are very interested in him.

In that case, we can take Jon Kitna :).

Vittatoe- like his stat from college, had to do a little searching to find him. May be a bit premature on Hall of Fame since he hasn;t snapped a ball in NFL. But am anxious to see him work and perform, sounds like a good fit down the road and good safety valve if they give him some snaps and practice time to develop.

As it stands, I had Shaun Hill, Grossman, Leinart, Brady Quinn etc on the list...but maybe Kyle Orton? Long shot but we tried to get him last season...

Matt Hasselbeck may wind up being available, but would probably be more costly than all those guys, and is probably looking for a starting spot. But he'd be the perfect mentor type veteran if he's willing to accept sitting on the bench. Doubt he's ready for that at this point though. He can still compete for a starting spot on a team that hasn't named their starter yet.

Well, if that's your only criteria, I'd be happy to be the backup QB, but if I ever need to go into the game someone has to hold my cigar and my beer until I get back. :)

No "Sexy Rexy" pleeeaaaaas!!!!!!!!

Rex would make for a fine backup. You never want to lose your starting QB but at least Rex has the capacity to win games of his own accord (i.e., without having to be completely carried by his team - few backup QBs can do that). You just don't want him in there for the long haul because his propensity for turnovers really takes a toll.

I'd definitely take him over Leinart, who remains one of the most limited QBs I've ever seen.

Perhaps Grossman would seek a starter job first, so I don't think he would say "Yes" to us.

There's no way anyone offers Grossman a starting job.