Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
stitches

Palazzolo: Last season the Colts played cover-1(man) only 12% of the time. Vs the Bills they did it 42% of the time

Might be a sign of what's to come, just like Ballard has hinted before and what we guessed here when he was talking about playing more man and then drafted a man corner in Rock Ya-Sin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My guess is we didn't really have the personnel to run man last year. There'll probably be a lot more man this year.

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

My guess is we didn't really have the personnel to run man last year. There'll probably be a lot more man this year.

Specifically the safety depth, nor the pass rushers. They probably feel real good with added depth at safety, drafting Ya-Sin, and bringing Justin Houston in FA... Houston might be a big big reason. There's no longer a fear of having 4 or 5 guys get stonewalled and leaving your back end on individual islands across the field. 

I'm guessing they'll mix it up depending on who they are playing. Eberflus has been preaching that forever. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Might be a sign of what's to come, just like Ballard has hinted before and what we guessed here when he was talking about playing more man and then drafted a man corner in Rock Ya-Sin. 

So my old eyes weren't deceiving me?  Lol, thanks for the info!