Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15


Chloe6124

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Frank said Peyton got in at 9:30 last night and talked with the offensive staff until midnight. Talked with the defensive staff and the team this morning. Would've been fun to be a fly on the wall when he, Frank, and Sirianni were talking.

Which only confirms my thoughts that he needs to be hired by the Colts NOW.

 

He is one in a million.  IF the Colts waste precious years without him?

 

Their loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My observations from today besides my previous posts:

 

1. Jacoby Brissett looked bad, off the mark for 11 v 11. A pick right out of the gate on a ball that was way over the receiver. Eek.

2. Mo is a beast.

3. Rogers had a catch that made me think “THAT was Chester Rogers??” Hopefully he shows it during  game time. He looked good.

4. Our O-line allowed way too much pressure, it didn’t matter if it was the starters or the 3rd stringers. Nelson was standing out there but I didn’t actually see him compete during team drills or 1 v 1s, whatever that’s worth

 

Wasn’t a good practice for our Colts, overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Which only confirms my thoughts that he needs to be hired by the Colts NOW.

 

He is one in a million.  IF the Colts waste precious years without him?

 

Their loss.

 

What makes you think the Colts (and others like the Broncos and the University of Tennessee) haven't already offered him a job, but he turned it down to enjoy his retirement?

 

Didn't he already turn down the Monday Night Football gig?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CamMo said:

My observations from today besides my previous posts:

 

1. Jacoby Brissett looked bad, off the mark for 11 v 11. A pick right out of the gate on a ball that was way over the receiver. Eek.

2. Mo is a beast.

3. Rogers had a catch that made me think “THAT was Chester Rogers??” Hopefully he shows it during  game time. He looked good.

4. Our O-line allowed way too much pressure, it didn’t matter if it was the starters or the 3rd stringers. Nelson was standing out there but I didn’t actually see him compete during team drills or 1 v 1s, whatever that’s worth

 

Wasn’t a good practice for our Colts, overall.

I think we are somewhere in between the 1-5 start and the great finish from last year.

 

Did not see a ton of improvement from a personal standpoint over the off season. 

 

Meanwhile the Browns, as much as I hate to admit this, have more talent and acquired more talent over the off season.

 

So this really doesn't surprise me.

 

IMO Browns go to the SB.  They are that good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

What makes you think the Colts (and others like the Broncos and the University of Tennessee) haven't already offered him a job, but he turned it down to enjoy his retirement?

 

Didn't he already turn down the Monday Night Football gig?

I totally get it.

 

That is why I think it may take an ownership proposal to make him come in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I think we are somewhere in between the 1-5 start and the great finish from last year.

 

Did not see a ton of improvement from a personal standpoint over the off season. 

 

Meanwhile the Browns, as much as I hate to admit this, have more talent and acquired more talent over the off season.

 

So this really doesn't surprise me.

 

IMO Browns go to the SB.  They are that good.

You do realize you can have improvement by your young guys being a year older lol. We addressed both of our needs in the off season. DF and Houston have had great camps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I serve french fries at my job...........

 

My paper hat is CLEANER than ANYONE else on my shift.........

 

:td:

 

 

We share a great passion..... cant we all just get along......???

 

Injuries are part of the game, I'm disappointed with Fountains injury... but my life doesnt end.....

 

However.......  If folks cant see the year to year in overall team strength..... they arent paying attention

 

I never thought that we would be a favorite for the SB this year,,,,,,.....

 

Better, within reach........ but we are STILL a few steps away

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Meanwhile the Browns, as much as I hate to admit this, have more talent and acquired more talent over the off season.

 

It is easy to acquire more talent when the team was void of talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ManningGM said:

I don't see how you cut Fountain after this.

This is the moment Fountain was jinxed!

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Oh my * god man....what the #.

This was the jinx’s slap in your face!

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

#, Pascal's making the team now.

 

What is it with us and injuries?

And your reaction to the slap from said jinx! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, threeflight said:

This is so OT I don't even know where to begin.  I understand I use a lot of my own life experiences to relate to the Colts, but this post is one in a million!

 

Beautiful!

 

BTW I trade stocks and take private companies public for a living......and as such I write A LOT of reviews, decks, and future prognostications.  I respect your writing abilities.  PM me if you want a job. :)

 

 

 

will ferrell lol GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Man this stinks. Feel for the guy. Was really pushing and earning himself a spot on the roster. Id say next man up but the wr room taking a hit. Campbell out still, Ishmael, now Fountain. 

We wanted to "keep" more than 5 or 6 WRs, but i doubt any of us  wanted it this way. 

With the Luck "issue", there was talk about only 5 WRs on the active.  However, with Cambell's hammy, that would only give us 4 on the roster who are game-ready.

  At this point, i think we have to assume (if cuts were today) its TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cain,  Campbell.  In that order (for the moment). Also, I also think, exacerbated by Campbell's hammy, we will keep either Pascal or Johnson.  Or perhaps a 4th TE "fills in".

  Those out there that better understand how thes receivers are used, might be able to explain the differences between Pascal, Johnson, etc, and the various skills they bring and how they may fit in the wr group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We wanted to "keep" more than 5 or 6 WRs, but i doubt any of us  wanted it this way. 

With the Luck "issue", there was talk about only 5 WRs on the active.  However, with Cambell's hammy, that would only give us 4 on the roster who are game-ready.

  At this point, i think we have to assume (if cuts were today) its TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cain,  Campbell.  In that order (for the moment). Also, I also think, exacerbated by Campbell's hammy, we will keep either Pascal or Johnson.  Or perhaps a 4th TE "fills in".

  Those out there that better understand how thes receivers are used, might be able to explain the differences between Pascal, Johnson, etc, and the various skills they bring and how they may fit in the wr group.

I think Campbell will be fine. I bet he returns to practice next week and plays in the bears game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

This is awesome. It says in the article that there has been enough progress that has lead to the guarded optimism. I'll say this though, if he doesnt play week one it definetly sounds like week 2 should be a go if everything keeps progressing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:
  1. strong has been good this camp.  how was he when playing against the colts with the texans?

 

 

I remember  one time when strong caught a hail Mary  at the end of the first half against  us that gave the texans a lead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Man, I love that they do this alumni day... whoever came up with that nailed it .. for fans and the team culture, mostly the fans... But still, killer idea.

KC has one so I bet CB did

 

 

  My Dad played in his alma maters Annual Alumni game for years

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Yeah. The uncertainty about Andrew is probably affecting the players, too.

Brissett is not even close...he may not even be our 2nd best QB.

 

He is absolutley our second best qb.  gtho

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

There is so excuse for losing a scrimmage to a disgraceful franchise like Cleveland. I don't care about their talent. They are Cleveland, and they are the NFL'S laughing stock. Ballard needs to send a message, and fire somebody. 

You don’t lose scrimmages

     The Colts and Patriots were once laughingstocks

 

     

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moe said:

You are a fly drawn to crap! Once again can you post anything positive from your own opinion?

Yes.  Football players get hurt.  It's a pretty well known fact.   It sucks for the team and fan base.   Life isn't fair.  Things happen.  I guarantee you Andrew is more upset than any of us.   My life will go on.   If he can't play,   I will hope Jacoby plays well.   If he doesn't,   then I will be bummed.   However my life will go on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

Several reports that the OL looked bad. If there is even the slightest regression, in regards to overall performance of the OL, Howard Mudd should be fired.

Lmao.  Hall of fame caliber line coach should be fired one week into preseason.   You're the gift that keeps on giving bad takes

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is absolutley our second best qb.  gtho

I have seen TY in a interview. He was so ready and excited for the season. Ebron  calling JB his son. I do not think the Luck situation is effecting them at all. Reich has put  the confidence in these guys they can win no matter what. The players really love JB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes.  Football players get hurt.  It's a pretty well known fact.   It sucks for the team and fan base.   Life isn't fair.  Things happen.  I guarantee you Andrew is more upset than any of us.   My life will go on.   If he can't play,   I will hope Jacoby plays well.   If he doesn't,   then I will be bummed.   However my life will go on. 

As a coach’s kid I learn that lesson very early

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • “That Old man Rivers...he just keeps rolling aloooong!”    Glad he had a better outing against the Vikes.  Hoping he can continue with more games like that.  Offensive game planning and run pass ratio was much better and I believe that allows Rivers to be at his most effective.  Eventually I expect opposing defenses to sell out more to try to stop the Colts running game and put more of the game pressure on Rivers’ arm.  We will see how well the Colts can adapt when that happens.  
    • Blackmon won me over when he refused to let that a Viking ball carrier jump over his head. It was like he was sending the message...”No...We are having no more of that nonsense...not this week and definitely not on my watch!” My man did not suit up to be put on anyone’s poster. 
    • Hopefully Campbell can overcome this and have a successful career with the Colts.  Right now he seems snake bit.  Too many injuries and not enough time on the field. I don’t expect much out of Parris usually because we hardly get to see him.  We get glimpses of what he can bring but rarely get the benefit of him. So his absence doesn’t really phase me much.   The Colts will continue to do what they have always done and that is play without him. 
    • I wasn’t born yet for that one but as a fan who is here because of the Colts’ Baltimore roots...that Super Bowl upset loss to that Jets team on our resume really irks me.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...