Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Frank said Peyton got in at 9:30 last night and talked with the offensive staff until midnight. Talked with the defensive staff and the team this morning. Would've been fun to be a fly on the wall when he, Frank, and Sirianni were talking.

Which only confirms my thoughts that he needs to be hired by the Colts NOW.

He is one in a million.  IF the Colts waste precious years without him?

Their loss.

My observations from today besides my previous posts:

1. Jacoby Brissett looked bad, off the mark for 11 v 11. A pick right out of the gate on a ball that was way over the receiver. Eek.

2. Mo is a beast.

3. Rogers had a catch that made me think “THAT was Chester Rogers??” Hopefully he shows it during  game time. He looked good.

4. Our O-line allowed way too much pressure, it didn’t matter if it was the starters or the 3rd stringers. Nelson was standing out there but I didn’t actually see him compete during team drills or 1 v 1s, whatever that’s worth

Wasn’t a good practice for our Colts, overall.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Which only confirms my thoughts that he needs to be hired by the Colts NOW.

He is one in a million.  IF the Colts waste precious years without him?

Their loss.

What makes you think the Colts (and others like the Broncos and the University of Tennessee) haven't already offered him a job, but he turned it down to enjoy his retirement?

Didn't he already turn down the Monday Night Football gig?

• Like 2

Just now, CamMo said:

My observations from today besides my previous posts:

1. Jacoby Brissett looked bad, off the mark for 11 v 11. A pick right out of the gate on a ball that was way over the receiver. Eek.

2. Mo is a beast.

3. Rogers had a catch that made me think “THAT was Chester Rogers??” Hopefully he shows it during  game time. He looked good.

4. Our O-line allowed way too much pressure, it didn’t matter if it was the starters or the 3rd stringers. Nelson was standing out there but I didn’t actually see him compete during team drills or 1 v 1s, whatever that’s worth

Wasn’t a good practice for our Colts, overall.

I think we are somewhere in between the 1-5 start and the great finish from last year.

Did not see a ton of improvement from a personal standpoint over the off season. 

Meanwhile the Browns, as much as I hate to admit this, have more talent and acquired more talent over the off season.

So this really doesn't surprise me.

IMO Browns go to the SB.  They are that good.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What makes you think the Colts (and others like the Broncos and the University of Tennessee) haven't already offered him a job, but he turned it down to enjoy his retirement?

Didn't he already turn down the Monday Night Football gig?

I totally get it.

That is why I think it may take an ownership proposal to make him come in.

The only good thing from practice today was DF and MO both got touchdowns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I think we are somewhere in between the 1-5 start and the great finish from last year.

Did not see a ton of improvement from a personal standpoint over the off season. 

Meanwhile the Browns, as much as I hate to admit this, have more talent and acquired more talent over the off season.

So this really doesn't surprise me.

IMO Browns go to the SB.  They are that good.

You do realize you can have improvement by your young guys being a year older lol. We addressed both of our needs in the off season. DF and Houston have had great camps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When things are good,  he's nowhere to be found.

A Colts winning streak cannot come soon enough...

What's that saying?  "Winning cures everything"  :funny:

• Like 4

I serve french fries at my job...........

My paper hat is CLEANER than ANYONE else on my shift.........

:td:

We share a great passion..... cant we all just get along......???

Injuries are part of the game, I'm disappointed with Fountains injury... but my life doesnt end.....

However.......  If folks cant see the year to year in overall team strength..... they arent paying attention

I never thought that we would be a favorite for the SB this year,,,,,,.....

Better, within reach........ but we are STILL a few steps away

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

It is easy to acquire more talent when the team was void of talent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ManningGM said:

I don't see how you cut Fountain after this.

This is the moment Fountain was jinxed!

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Oh my * god man....what the #.

This was the jinx’s slap in your face!

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

#, Pascal's making the team now.

What is it with us and injuries?

And your reaction to the slap from said jinx! 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is there a chance now hogan makes it over Pascall now if we keep 6. He has had a great camp.

Hogan is my dark horse to make this team! And this year my dark horse shall run wild!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fahlman said:

It is easy to acquire more talent when the team was void of talent.

This is such a great point. We have young talent we weren’t the browns with no talent.

30 minutes ago, threeflight said:

This is so OT I don't even know where to begin.  I understand I use a lot of my own life experiences to relate to the Colts, but this post is one in a million!

Beautiful!

BTW I trade stocks and take private companies public for a living......and as such I write A LOT of reviews, decks, and future prognostications.  I respect your writing abilities.  PM me if you want a job. :)

will ferrell lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Man this stinks. Feel for the guy. Was really pushing and earning himself a spot on the roster. Id say next man up but the wr room taking a hit. Campbell out still, Ishmael, now Fountain. 

We wanted to "keep" more than 5 or 6 WRs, but i doubt any of us  wanted it this way. 

With the Luck "issue", there was talk about only 5 WRs on the active.  However, with Cambell's hammy, that would only give us 4 on the roster who are game-ready.

At this point, i think we have to assume (if cuts were today) its TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cain,  Campbell.  In that order (for the moment). Also, I also think, exacerbated by Campbell's hammy, we will keep either Pascal or Johnson.  Or perhaps a 4th TE "fills in".

Those out there that better understand how thes receivers are used, might be able to explain the differences between Pascal, Johnson, etc, and the various skills they bring and how they may fit in the wr group.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We wanted to "keep" more than 5 or 6 WRs, but i doubt any of us  wanted it this way. 

With the Luck "issue", there was talk about only 5 WRs on the active.  However, with Cambell's hammy, that would only give us 4 on the roster who are game-ready.

At this point, i think we have to assume (if cuts were today) its TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cain,  Campbell.  In that order (for the moment). Also, I also think, exacerbated by Campbell's hammy, we will keep either Pascal or Johnson.  Or perhaps a 4th TE "fills in".

Those out there that better understand how thes receivers are used, might be able to explain the differences between Pascal, Johnson, etc, and the various skills they bring and how they may fit in the wr group.

I think Campbell will be fine. I bet he returns to practice next week and plays in the bears game.

There is a video on the colts IG story of luck in a red jersey signing autographs. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a video on the colts IG story of luck in a red jersey signing autographs. 

Huge news if true

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, threeflight said:

I hope we don't cut Wilkins.  I really like the guy.  Good hard nosed runner.

Better than Hines...

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is awesome. It says in the article that there has been enough progress that has lead to the guarded optimism. I'll say this though, if he doesnt play week one it definetly sounds like week 2 should be a go if everything keeps progressing. 

• Like 2

You thought we had QB problems. The eagles are one injury away with Wentz of being screwed.

3 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:
  1. strong has been good this camp.  how was he when playing against the colts with the texans?

I remember  one time when strong caught a hail Mary  at the end of the first half against  us that gave the texans a lead.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I remember  one time when strong caught a hail Mary  at the end of the first half against  us that gave the texans a lead.

A Colt killer

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Man, I love that they do this alumni day... whoever came up with that nailed it .. for fans and the team culture, mostly the fans... But still, killer idea.

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Man, I love that they do this alumni day... whoever came up with that nailed it .. for fans and the team culture, mostly the fans... But still, killer idea.

KC has one so I bet CB did

My Dad played in his alma maters Annual Alumni game for years

3 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Team a little demoralized now??

Yeah. The uncertainty about Andrew is probably affecting the players, too.

Brissett is not even close...he may not even be our 2nd best QB.

• Thanks 1

There is so excuse for losing a scrimmage to a disgraceful franchise like Cleveland. I don't care about their talent. They are Cleveland, and they are the NFL'S laughing stock. Ballard needs to send a message, and fire somebody. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'll never forget when Chung Li killed my friend Ray Jackson.    

Chung Li = Overrated...was my sparring partner...didn't teach him everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Yeah. The uncertainty about Andrew is probably affecting the players, too.

Brissett is not even close...he may not even be our 2nd best QB.

He is absolutley our second best qb.  gtho

10 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

There is so excuse for losing a scrimmage to a disgraceful franchise like Cleveland. I don't care about their talent. They are Cleveland, and they are the NFL'S laughing stock. Ballard needs to send a message, and fire somebody. 

You don’t lose scrimmages

The Colts and Patriots were once laughingstocks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You don’t lose scrimmages

Several reports that the OL looked bad. If there is even the slightest regression, in regards to overall performance of the OL, Howard Mudd should be fired.

Just now, Moe said:

You are a fly drawn to crap! Once again can you post anything positive from your own opinion?

Yes.  Football players get hurt.  It's a pretty well known fact.   It sucks for the team and fan base.   Life isn't fair.  Things happen.  I guarantee you Andrew is more upset than any of us.   My life will go on.   If he can't play,   I will hope Jacoby plays well.   If he doesn't,   then I will be bummed.   However my life will go on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

Several reports that the OL looked bad. If there is even the slightest regression, in regards to overall performance of the OL, Howard Mudd should be fired.

Did I say anything about the OL

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

Lmao.  Hall of fame caliber line coach should be fired one week into preseason.   You're the gift that keeps on giving bad takes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is absolutley our second best qb.  gtho

I have seen TY in a interview. He was so ready and excited for the season. Ebron  calling JB his son. I do not think the Luck situation is effecting them at all. Reich has put  the confidence in these guys they can win no matter what. The players really love JB.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes.  Football players get hurt.  It's a pretty well known fact.   It sucks for the team and fan base.   Life isn't fair.  Things happen.  I guarantee you Andrew is more upset than any of us.   My life will go on.   If he can't play,   I will hope Jacoby plays well.   If he doesn't,   then I will be bummed.   However my life will go on. 

As a coach’s kid I learn that lesson very early