Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

Myles

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah and 76 people voted he wouldn't start opening day lol. I voted he will. I have never been worried about this the whole time. Colts want to rest him more than anything because he is a franchise QB that needs little practice and doesn't need to play in the pre-season if he is at risk at further injury. 

If he can’t play in pre-season then he certainly won’t be ready for the opener. If Luck plays Without pre-season snaps the Colts will start the season on a hole once again.

4 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

If he can’t play in pre-season then he certainly won’t be ready for the opener. If Luck plays Without pre-season snaps the Colts will start the season on a hole once again.

Lol. I looked at some pre season games. It looks like a lot of starting QB are not playing the preseason. Foles didn’t play a snap in the jags game last night.  The practice snaps are what could set him behind not the pre season games. Luck is in his 8th year with almost the same starters on offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I disagree, most of the elite QB's play very little in the pre-season. Yeah they play but very little. It has always been like that. Luck will be fine with 0 play in the pre-season, JMO. He does need practice a week or so before opening day, that I will not debate.

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I have a feeling he's going to practice next week.  "Maybe" even play a series or two in the 3rd. preseason game.  JMO

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. I looked at some pre season games. It looks like a lot of starting QB are not playing the preseason. Foles didn’t play a snap in the jags game last night.  The practice snaps are what could set him behind not the pre season games. Luck is in his 8th year with almost the same starters on offense.

Yep, Rodgers didn't play again. He says he has back tightness lmao .

His back tightness excuse = He could care less about pre-season :funny:

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have a feeling he's going to practice next week.  "Maybe" even play a series or two in the 3rd. preseason game.  JMO

If he is able to get the practice in next week it would not shock me to see him play a series or two against the bears. Just to test the ankle.  We would have to make sure the entire oline is playing cause you wouldn’t want to send him out there against Mack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is able to get the practice in next week it would not shock me to see him play a series or two against the bears. Just to test the ankle.  We would have to make sure the entire oline is playing cause you wouldn’t want to send him out there against Mack.

I agree.  Q is not playing against the Browns.  He should get some time against the Bears.  Hopefully the entire OL is ready to go in that game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You never know. Most likely he won’t but if he has two practices next week you never know.

I don't think he'd play in a PS game even if he did practice next week, which still seems unlikely to me.

Sure, I can't see into the future, but I think it's a very safe bet he doesn't play in the PS.

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just think that Luck is such a slow starter he needs the reps. Tired of the Colts starting the season in the hole year after year lately.  I sure do miss Peyton.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, threeflight said:

I know what pain is.

Ok then.

Now, do you know what injury is? Do you know the difference between the two?

Do you know for sure which of (either or both) Luck suffers from? And why?

Hint- Only the medical team knows the most right now and-

You can possibly play with one of these above (pain)  but...

you probably shouldn't/couldn't with the other (injury).

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You never know. Most likely he won’t but if he has two practices next week you never know.

My guess, he gets no real reps in a preseason game.

Next, we will know the prospects for Luck starting the season game 1 sometime after the 3rd preseason game.  (lean on the gas, or push on the brakes)

If he doesn't practice (at least) the week before the 1st game, JB will get the call.

We just have to let it play out and accept the circumstances.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

My guess, he gets no real reps in a preseason game.

Next, we will know the prospects for Luck starting the season game 1 sometime after the 3rd preseason game.  (lean on the gas, or push on the brakes)

If he doesn't practice (at least) the week before the 1st game, JB will get the call.

We just have to let it play out and accept the circumstances.

Unless it is leaked I don’t think we will know about luck until a day or so before the chargers game. They will keep that to themselves. We might hear though if he is practicing.

The media all talking about luck being injury prone or a bust reminds me of last year when they said his career is over. It will be fun to look back at all of this at the end of the season. Ir might give us a big laugh.

10 minutes ago, Maniac said:

I think he'll play but at less that 100%.

Not saying he should do that or they should play him like that... just my prediction for what happens.

I don't think he'll be 100% either.  And once the season begins, chances of getting to 100% are minuscule. But if (further) injury is not a concern, they will likely find methods to manage his pain and he will play, if his effectiveness in doing so is adequate.

Colin Cowherd did a segment today and mentioned Luck as one of his 5 most fragile QB's.  He was mentioned along with Rogers, Newton, Wentz and Garrappolo.  He said if either of these QB's miss significant time this year their GM's should draft a QB high next year.  All of these teams are all in on their QB's but another injury to any of them would be a red flag that they need to be proactive in finding a replacement just in case.  He mentioned BB has been doing it for years with the Patriots.  Just in case Brady goes down he has always invested in one early every 3 or 4 years.  Like Brissett and Garrappolo.  All of these teams are strong enough where they should be able to do it just in case.   Maybe that's another reason Chad Kelly was brought in. He said a good team doesn't want to be caught without a strong backup or maybe the eventual replacement on the roster.   Makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Colin Cowherd did a segment today and mentioned Luck as one of his 5 most fragile QB's.  He was mentioned along with Rogers, Newton, Wentz and Garrappolo.  He said if either of these QB's miss significant time this year their GM's should draft a QB high next year.  All of these teams are all in on their QB's but another injury to any of them would be a red flag that they need to be proactive in finding a replacement just in case.  He mentioned BB has been doing it for years with the Patriots.  Just in case Brady goes down he has always invested in one early every 3 or 4 years.  Like Brissett and Garrappolo.  All of these teams are strong enough where they should be able to do it just in case.   Maybe that's another reason Chad Kelly was brought in. He said a good team doesn't want to be caught without a strong backup or maybe the eventual replacement on the roster.   Makes sense to me. 

That actually makes total sense. The only risk your taking is if Luck goes down you could have a rookie at QB. It also gives you a quality backup for at least 4 years. We have Brissett which is good but we need to think long term backup.  

They might not say it but if Kelly goes on the practice squad this year I defiantly can see him being lucks back up next year.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize we have a pretty good defense that might help us win games while that rust is being shook off.

It's a much tougher schedule this year...tougher teams. The D can only do so much...they can't put a lot of points on the board. And we are going to need a lot of points to beat some of the teams. If our record gets in a hole this year we are probably not making the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

It's a much tougher schedule this year...tougher teams. The D can only do so much...they can't put a lot of points on the board. And we are going to need a lot of points to beat some of the teams. If our record gets in a hole this year we are probably not making the playoffs.

Yes but we are a year older and have Justin Houston. We should be able to get pressure this year with the front four without blitzing as much. Our defense should be better. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah and 76 people voted he wouldn't start opening day lol. I voted he will. I have never been worried about this the whole time. Colts want to rest him more than anything because he is a franchise QB that needs little practice and doesn't need to play in the pre-season if he is at risk at further injury. 

I don't think it is odd that people question whether he will start game 1.   It seems almost 50/50 right now. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think it is odd that people question whether he will start game 1.   It seems almost 50/50 right now. 

It seems more people after that Ballard phone conference thought he wouldn’t play. I think now about 48 hrs after people are actually using their heads  and it is unlikely he misses this game.

Practice is closed to the media now so we will never actually know how much he practices now. The team can say what they want since there won’t be proof.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, threeflight said:

Done with Luck.  He is a *.  Plain and simple.  His heart isn't in the game anymore.  IF you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

So where is your optimism now that it's looking more likely that Luck will play week 1?

Your MO is painfully obvious at this point:  When there's any sort of bad news about Andrew Luck, you're all over this board repeatedly posting your opinion that he's weak/done.

But as soon as the news turns more positive (like multiple sources saying he will probably start week 1) you disappear...  Pathetic.  :nono:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So where is your optimism now that it's looking more likely that Luck will play week 1?

Your MO is painfully obvious at this point:  When there's any sort of bad news about Andrew Luck, you're all over this board repeatedly posting your opinion that he's weak/done.

But as soon as the news turns more positive (like multiple sources saying he will probably start week 1) you disappear...  Pathetic.  :nono:

Hope he plays!  :thmup::cheer2:

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, richard pallo said:

I think the idea that Luck is fragile is simply.....    laughable.

For the first four or five years of his career,  he was the most hit QB in the NFL, and by a wide margin.      That ends the fragile argument right there.

His struggles in 16 and 17 were due to things like an injury to his throwing shoulder which required TWO surgeries,  and a lacerated kidney. 

And now, two years later, he's got a mysterious ankle/calf injury.    

Look, I appreciate the high frustration of fans here,  I get it.    I think of Luck as unfortunate.   But not fragile.    I think he's trying to be smart and taking less chances.    That doesn't mean his heart isn't in the game, or he's close to retirement.

Let's see how Luck does the next week or so.    If he doesn't play week 3,  then Week 1 of the regular season is very much up in the air.    Keep your powder dry.   Let's see what unfolds.

Apparently there is now some optimism that he plays week 1.    Let's see what happens.

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the idea that Luck is fragile is simply.....    laughable.

For the first four or five years of his career,  he was the most hit QB in the NFL, and by a wide margin.      That ends the fragile argument right there.

His struggles in 16 and 17 were due to things like an injury to his throwing shoulder which required TWO surgeries,  and a lacerated kidney. 

And now, two years later, he's got a mysterious ankle/calf injury.    

Look, I appreciate the high frustration of fans here,  I get it.    I think of Luck as unfortunate.   But not fragile.    I think he's trying to be smart and taking less chances.    That doesn't mean his heart isn't in the game, or he's close to retirement.

Let's see how Luck does the next week or so.    If he doesn't play week 3,  then Week 1 of the regular season is very much up in the air.    Keep your powder dry.   Let's see what unfolds.

Apparently there is now some optimism that he plays week 1.    Let's see what happens.

They already said he most likely won’t play eeek 3.  Probably not a good idea to put him out there against the Bears.