Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Myles

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?  

163 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?



Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just some facts on Brissett for the ones that think he is terrible.

 

In 2017 he lead in 9 games at halftime. Remember chuck was bad at adjustments at halftime.

 

He can make throws even Luck can’t make.

 

He only had 7 INT in 2017.

 

If he has to play Reich will put him in a position to succeed. He has been the one taking all the reps since the spring. He is now in his second year with Reich. He has also been working with Tom House while he has been there.

He is also a free agent at the end of the year and if he gets to play it will be his chance to show other teams he’s worth investing in as a starter.  That will help motivate him as well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we can get the run game going to help knock any rust off. Having jack Doyle will help a ton with that. He always catches the ball and will get you the yards you need.

 

I noticed people mentioning how bad Peyton was after he missed all the pre season. I think that is the reason luck brought Tom House in to make sure that doesn’t happen with his mechanics. Plus I am sure manning wasn’t even able to throw like Luck has been able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hopefully we can get the run game going to help knock any rust off. Having jack Doyle will help a ton with that. He always catches the ball and will get you the yards you need.

 

I noticed people mentioning how bad Peyton was after he missed all the pre season. I think that is the reason luck brought Tom House in to make sure that doesn’t happen with his mechanics. Plus I am sure manning wasn’t even able to throw like Luck has been able to.

Peyton had a bursa sack worked on in his knee.  I don’t remember how much he could or couldn’t throw now.  Still those Colts teams went as Peyton went so if Peyton was off a hair it brought the whole team down.  I think Ballard has worked hard to build a team here that doesn’t depend on Luck to that level, don’t get me wrong they still depend on Luck they just don’t need him to be perfect.  

 

With that said the first few games look hard regardless of Luck’s health.  That doesn’t mean they will lose but the Colts aren’t playing the Cardinals and 49ers to start the year either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The biggest thing with Luck is how will his ankle respond to a full practice. Or even after a entire game. If  he can start practicing next week and test the ankle and able to practice a couple weeks that should help knock some rust off.

rust remove GIF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

It’s all relative.

 

Let me put it this way:  if you were to place a bet on the Colts winning — or even making — the SB this year, and they did, you’d be winning a lot of money....moreso than you would making the same bet for at least 5 or 6 other teams.

 

It’s a long shot.  And I say that as somebody who’s generally bullish on our prospects.

Super Bowl odds as of 4 days ago:

2020 Super Bowl odds to win:

New England Patriots 6-1
Kansas City Chiefs 6-1
Los Angeles Rams 10-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
Indianapolis Colts 14-1
Chicago Bears 14-1
Philadelphia Eagles 14-1
Green Bay Packers 14-1
Los Angeles Chargers 16-1 
Cleveland Browns 20-1  
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1  
Seattle Seahawks 30-1

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

75-64 in the poll smh, man that is funny laugh laughing GIF

I'm a bit surprised it is that close.  Now even Dungy is saying "he'll be back at some point" which sounds to me like week 2-3.     Looks like Reich is going to decide on Aug 24th.   So we have 8 days left.

C'mon Luck, prove me wrong.   But more important, get healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Super Bowl odds as of 4 days ago:

2020 Super Bowl odds to win:

New England Patriots 6-1
Kansas City Chiefs 6-1
Los Angeles Rams 10-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
Indianapolis Colts 14-1
Chicago Bears 14-1
Philadelphia Eagles 14-1
Green Bay Packers 14-1
Los Angeles Chargers 16-1 
Cleveland Browns 20-1  
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1  
Seattle Seahawks 30-1

i like those odds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

i like those odds!

Yep.   Tied for 5th in the odds to win the Super Bowl seems to be a Super Bowl caliber team to me.   The Luck situation is taking a bit of the excitement away for me.  With him playing, the sky is the limit this season.   Without him, there is hope to make the playoffs but not to go deep.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that everyone distrusts the official medical reports about AL, as relayed by Ballard, Irsay, et al.  However, I have a hard time believing that a front-of-the-ankle injury on the non-planting foot of a non-running QB is going to sideline him very long.  Especially a QB that played with a lacerated spleen and a shoulder that needed surgery!  Being smart and resting the ankle to start the season healthy is one thing, but missing important regular season games to avoid playing with a little pain is extremely un-Lucklike...(Unlucky?)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Archer said:

I get that everyone distrusts the official medical reports about AL, as relayed by Ballard, Irsay, et al.  However, I have a hard time believing that a front-of-the-ankle injury on the non-planting foot of a non-running QB is going to sideline him very long.  Especially a QB that played with a lacerated spleen and a shoulder that needed surgery!  Being smart and resting the ankle to start the season healthy is one thing, but missing important regular season games to avoid playing with a little pain is extremely un-Lucklike...(Unlucky?)

I agree. Anyone who saw him doing drills and warmups to start camp could see he didn’t look like he was in any pain and was doing everything fine. I think this is all just pre caution and it isn’t nearly as bad as what fans think. As long as he can’t do more damage he will play. Even if that means getting a shot before the game. Luck does have great scrambling ability though which I could see the ankle effecting it. It sure didn’t seem like in drills though it was effecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering some of the mood on this message board lately I almost was gonna open this as a new topic on this board  on these stories I have read on internet  last 24 hours or so >>>>>>>> Peyton.…… The Simms boys ……….Chris Mortenson guys on NFL Network now hedging towards Andrew starting opening day. This could be on the verge of becoming the popular opinion . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Considering some of the mood on this message board lately I almost was gonna open this as a new topic on this board  on these stories I have read on internet  last 24 hours or so >>>>>>>> Peyton.…… The Simms boys ……….Chris Mortenson guys on NFL Network now hedging towards Andrew starting opening day. This could be on the verge of becoming the popular opinion . 

I think the colts are pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes. Sure they have sat him out of practice but they know dang well he is going to play. All teams do this with injuries to star players.

Who are the Simms boys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the colts are pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes. Sure they have sat him out of practice but they know dang well he is going to play. All teams do this with injuries to star players.

Who are the Simms boys?

Nationally speaking the Simms boys (Phil and his son ) do not have much coverage as far as what they say . But here in NY Metro area we (sometimes regretfully) get to here them a lot as to the fact that they live in northern NJ . The 2 opinions I value the most here are Peyton's and Mortenson ( I heard Mortenson say it live yesterday he is not that worried about Andrew) on ESPN NY Radio .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the colts are pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes. Sure they have sat him out of practice but they know dang well he is going to play. All teams do this with injuries to star players.

Who are the Simms boys?

But please the important word in my comment is the word "Hedging" .It is just my opinion (for whatever that is worth ) that there might......might be a change happening in this story line  ( I hope I am right )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will play week 1 from what my source has told me. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Nationally speaking the Simms boys (Phil and his son ) do not have much coverage as far as what they say . But here in NY Metro area we (sometimes regretfully) get to here them a lot as to the fact that they live in northern NJ . The 2 opinions I value the most here are Peyton's and Mortenson ( I heard Mortenson say it live yesterday he is not that worried about Andrew) on ESPN NY Radio .

I thought that was who you meant. What did Chris and Phil say?

Just now, a06cc said:

He will play week 1 from what my source has told me. 

Lol is this sarcasm or are you for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Nationally speaking the Simms boys (Phil and his son ) do not have much coverage as far as what they say . But here in NY Metro area we (sometimes regretfully) get to here them a lot as to the fact that they live in northern NJ . The 2 opinions I value the most here are Peyton's and Mortenson ( I heard Mortenson say it live yesterday he is not that worried about Andrew) on ESPN NY Radio .

Yeah and 76 people voted he wouldn't start opening day lol. I voted he will. I have never been worried about this the whole time. Colts want to rest him more than anything because he is a franchise QB that needs little practice and doesn't need to play in the pre-season if he is at risk at further injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest reason we need luck to play is the oline and pass protection calls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I thought that was who you meant. What did Chris and Phil say?

Lol is this sarcasm or are you for real.

No I’m seriously 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Myles said:

Super Bowl odds as of 4 days ago:

2020 Super Bowl odds to win:

New England Patriots 6-1
Kansas City Chiefs 6-1
Los Angeles Rams 10-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
Indianapolis Colts 14-1
Chicago Bears 14-1
Philadelphia Eagles 14-1
Green Bay Packers 14-1
Los Angeles Chargers 16-1 
Cleveland Browns 20-1  
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1  
Seattle Seahawks 30-1

I thought the Chargers would be higher (like 10-1), other than that I agree with everything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the biggest reason we need luck to play is the oline and pass protection calls.

That and Luck is a top 5 QB in the league and Jacoby is around 30th (30-35) and a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That and Luck is a top 5 QB in the league and Jacoby is around 30th (30-35) and a backup.

My point is the oline is as good as they are because of the way luck and Kelly are able to make pass protection calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are talking about week one - 

Did you guys hear about this?

 

 

EDIT : JK. See Chargers thread. :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

My point is the oline is as good as they are because of the way luck and Kelly are able to make pass protection calls.

Jacoby is better than Kelly IMO. One of the reasons why Luck is a top 5 QB is his ability to spot stuff at the line so I get your point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CamMo said:

Since we are talking about week one - 

Did you guys hear about this?

 

 

Keenan Allen also had an injury but that sounded less severe. Shouldn’t effect week one last I read..

 

 

Gordon may not play either, he hasn't signed yet. He hasn't practiced either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby is better than Kelly IMO. One of the reasons why Luck is a top 5 QB is his ability to spot stuff at the line so I get your point. 

Lol I meant Ryan Kelly the center.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gordon may not play either, he hasn't signed yet. He hasn't practiced either.

Keenan Allen also has a foot injury. Not sure if it keeps him out of hand one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I thought that was who you meant. What did Chris and Phil say?

Lol is this sarcasm or are you for real.

The Simms boys "suspect" he will be available opening day . If this IS the direction this story is going ……...(to me) to take this to the next level is for our boy Frank to announce it (which I figure is at least 10 days away still ) .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 6:13 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

:dunno:

Are we sure Jacoby Brissett isnt our quaterback and Andrew Luck is our new mascot.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the colts are pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes. Sure they have sat him out of practice but they know dang well he is going to play. All teams do this with injuries to star players.

Who are the Simms boys?

Wool? Did you call me?   I think it is exactly what they say it is.

I think the Colts are EXPECTING he will play, but to say they KNOW he will play is a stretch.  He hasnt practiced, etc.

You cant "ramp up" to game speed that quickly.  I would think, under current circumstances, you've gotta give the guy a week of actual practice.  It isnt like a week off mid-season.  The guy hasnt seen really any real practice in months.

I expect he will test it in about a week, and then we will know where he stands for week 1.  Its a bummer, but seems logical to me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

The Simms boys "suspect" he will be available opening day . If this IS the direction this story is going ……...(to me) to take this to the next level is for our boy Frank to announce it (which I figure is at least 10 days away still ) .

I bet they will continue to say not sure until a day before the game. No way they lose the competitive edge. It wouldn’t surprise me either if we hear he isn’t practicing much to throw off the chargers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Wool? Did you call me?   I think it is exactly what they say it is.

I think the Colts are EXPECTING he will play, but to say they KNOW he will play is a stretch.  He hasnt practiced, etc.

You cant "ramp up" to game speed that quickly.  I would think, under current circumstances, you've gotta give the guy a week of actual practice.  It isnt like a week off mid-season.  The guy hasnt seen really any real practice in months.

I expect he will test it in about a week, and then we will know where he stands for week 1.  Its a bummer, but seems logical to me.

I just think they know more about how it is feeling then they are letting on. It wouldn’t surprise me in throwing sessions he is testing it as if it was a game situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I bet they will continue to say not sure until a day before the game. No way they lose the competitive edge. It wouldn’t surprise me either if we hear he isn’t practicing much to throw off the chargers.

Would not surprise me at all ……… (To me) Only 5 people on this planet really will know the TRUE status of Andrew …...Andrew , Irsay. Ballard . Reich, and the team doctor .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet they will continue to say not sure until a day before the game. No way they lose the competitive edge. It wouldn’t surprise me either if we hear he isn’t practicing much to throw off the chargers.

This. I believe though the Chargers are preparing for Andrew to play. They know better haha 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

Get over It...

Long time ago 

I  can't have been to 12 therapist and lost 8 jobs :hissy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the two training camp videos the colts put out Luck does not look like a guy who is going to miss a game. What is in the videos from the first few days he practiced he looks like a guy who is going to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This. I believe though the Chargers are preparing for Andrew to play. They know better haha 

And now the Colts can prepare knowing the Chargers don't have Derwin James and will most likely be without Gordon and possibly Allen.   Heal quickly Andrew.  You don't want to miss this one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, threeflight said:

I am really REALLY starting to wonder what is going on between Luck's ears.

 

This is highly unusual for a NFL qb to be going through even once.  But twice?

 

How many other qbs go through this kind of thing other than when they have a broken bone like Aaron Rodgers?  A legit injury.  Not saying Lucks shoulder wasn't legit...but his time to come back seemed....excessive.  And now this?  Luck just seems to have an extremely low pain threshold and perhaps is losing his desire to play ever since he got paid.

 

I hope that isn't the case but c'mon man.  He isn't a cripple out there.  He seems fine. 

 

I hope you realize that this is a very ignorant comment. Luck lacerated his kidney, broke his ribs, and partially tore his abdomen against the Broncos a few years back. He still finished the game. 

 

He has played with a torn labrum since I believe week 9 of 2015 if my memory serves me correctly. And mind you, that was way before we fixed our o line. It is downright laughable to even suggest that Luck isn't a tough guy.

 

The shoulder injury took long to come back from for 2 reasons. One was that he played with it for so long, it made it so much worse. If you play with an injury for that long, it can severely change how your muscle works. When you play injured, you have to change the way you use that muscle. For example, recently I hurt my shoulder playing basketball. I couldn't shoot without pain, so to compensate my body changed how I shoot to put less stress on the injured part of my shoulder. My body changed my form so I could keep playing. That doesn't lead to high performance. Eventually I just stopped playing basketball for a week so it could get back to normal. So when you play injured, the injured part doesn't get developed since it doesn't get used, since the player has to compensate for the injury by throwing differently and using the shoulder differently.

 

The second reason is that the Colts wanted to fix it for good. I'm sure Luck could've played again. But they wanted to make sure he played with 0 pain, so that he can throw naturally, and not with a changed form like how I previously explained. They valued his long term health over throwing him back in a 2017 campaign that was already lost to start with. 

 

Ultimately, you can see Luck is a competitor. You can see how not playing really wore on him, and you can see how happy he was when he got back on the field. Luck loves to play, and he loves to win. So it is just asinine to suggest that Luck doesn't have a desire to play. But he must use his head and realize that it's not the best thing for him to go out there and rush the recovery.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This. I believe though the Chargers are preparing for Andrew to play. They know better haha 

 

Yep, they'll be watching Andrew Luck tape well into Saturday night under the assumption that he's going to play, & if he doesn't, I doubt their gameplan will change that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

And now the Colts can prepare knowing the Chargers don't have Derwin James and will most likely be without Gordon and possibly Allen.   Heal quickly Andrew.  You don't want to miss this one. 

They most likely will be without their pro bowl LT also. He doesn’t visit the doctor until the end of August. He had blood clots in his lungs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...