Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

Myles

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he was going to be hard to keep anyway, if Luck is out i dont see how he  makes the 53

i dont think we were keeping 6 WRs in the first place, we definitely wont if hes out

Get rid of Pascal, not Fountain.

Dude looks like he massively improved from last season. Would be dumb to let him go after the development. 

• Like 2

The statement by Reich that he wants to name his starter after the 3rd preseason game is interesting.  What's the hurry?  Don't coaches like to keep their opponents guessing?  He also mentioned he saw a tape of Luck throwing yesterday and said he looked good.  With four rest days to go before next week practices Andrew might now feel he needs to get a practice or two in next week and maybe a series in the 3rd preseason game to make sure he is on track for the start.  What is the saying?  Deadlines produce actions.  Or something like that.  Reich the psychologist?

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The statement by Reich that he wants to name his starter after the 3rd preseason game is interesting.  What's the hurry?  Don't coaches like to keep their opponents guessing?  He also mentioned he saw a tape of Luck throwing yesterday and said he looked good.  With four rest days to go before next week practices Andrew might now feel he needs to get a practice or two in next week and maybe a series in the 3rd preseason game to make sure he is on track for the start.  What is the saying?  Deadlines produce actions.  Or something like that.  Reich the psychologist?

I don’t think he will say it publicly. The team will make the decision but not let it be known.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

here's the thing.  If you are the chargers, you prepare for Luck.  The things Luck is going to do are gonna be harder to defend than any backup. If you prep for the best and then get the 2nd string, your job in most cases gets much easier UNLESS its a complete change from one QB style to the other, See the Ravens for that example.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Old Colt said:

No..... With CB "questioning" his readiness for week 1; that is Ballard speak for week 3 or 4 at best.  Ballard is a genius at building a team.  But he is very poor as the face of the Colts.  This is yet another time he has been caught being less then truthful and misleading fans.  Maybe they need to let him do the team building and bring Peyton in to work and deal with the media and actual injury updates.  

"The rivalry is back on" was one of the most boss moves!

16 hours ago, threeflight said:

Here is what I don't get.  Luck is paid $25 M a year to play 16 three hour games.

From what I understand he can't make the injury worse by playing.  It is a matter of playing with the pain or not.

Just STOP talking about it, get some cortisone shots, and go out there and play if that is the case. 

Damn I am tired of reading about him and his pain  and the 'process'.

Be a man and play.

I have a lower back I can barely even get out of bed with.  Have to kind of roll out of bed.  Can't bend over.  Can't twist.  I walk with a limp everywhere.  The last week has been hell. 

I took 5 tylenol last night, drank some vodka, and went and bowled 3 games and averaged 220.  FOR NO PAY.

He can damn well play on an ankle he isn't even limping on.

I think the whole reason for your post is to brag about your 220 average...;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

here's the thing.  If you are the chargers, you prepare for Luck.  The things Luck is going to do are gonna be harder to defend than any backup. If you prep for the best and then get the 2nd string, your job in most cases gets much easier UNLESS its a complete change from one QB style to the other, See the Ravens for that example.

There's a daily practice report of who participates & who doesn't, once preparation for week 1 gets underway, there won't be any secret as to whether Luck plays or not. If he's a participant, even if limited, he'll play.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, threeflight said:

I have played high school and college tennis at a Big 10 school ranked very highly.  Played hockey since I was 4 and played all the way through junior teams in Canada.  Was all city in basketball and football in HS.

Bowl to a 225 average and have participated in many pro tourney's.

Lift weights and body build 5 days a week.

I know what pain is.  Pain is not being able to move your shoulder and still going to the gym and bench pressing 300.  Pain is not being able to bend over and still bowl a 220 average.  Pain is having a broken toe and playing an entire hockey season with it.

I have played sports and dealt with pain my entire life.  And you know what?  I never got paid $25 M a season to do so.  If you think Luck is not messed up in the head when it comes to pain and how he tolerates it?  I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah but my dad can beat up your dad.  :neener:

19 hours ago, threeflight said:

Done with Luck.  He is a *.  Plain and simple.  His heart isn't in the game anymore.

I double-dog-dare you to say that to his face.  :lol:

11 hours ago, Myles said:

I think the Colts are certainly a "Super Bowl caliber" team.   There can be as many as 5-6 "Super Bowl caliber" teams in each conference.   Don't confuse that with being the favorite.   I think this Colts team can play with any other team in the league.  

It’s all relative.

Let me put it this way:  if you were to place a bet on the Colts winning — or even making — the SB this year, and they did, you’d be winning a lot of money....moreso than you would making the same bet for at least 5 or 6 other teams.

It’s a long shot.  And I say that as somebody who’s generally bullish on our prospects.

He won’t be ready and when he does play there will be lots of rust.  It’s just  the preseason but I’ve already seen enough things that lets me know that this team isn’t going to go all the way this season.  We are already starting out behind the eight ball and will be trying to get up to speed all season long.  That expends too much energy over time. Disappointing because this season looked so promising after the draft. 

31 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He won’t be ready and when he does play there will be lots of rust.  It’s just  the preseason but I’ve already seen enough things that lets me know that this team isn’t going to go all the way this season.  We are already starting out behind the eight ball and will be trying to get up to speed all season long.  That expends too much energy over time. Disappointing because this season looked so promising after the draft. 

You do realize we have a pretty good defense that might help us win games while that rust is being shook off.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Does anyone get the feeling that Lucks injury isn’t as bad as what fans think it is or the way things have played out.

I think a very small number of people actually think this is a super serious injury.

Most fans either seem to think he'll either play week 1 or miss 1-2 games at the very most. Personally, I really won't be surprised either way, although at this point I'm leaning slightly toward thinking he'll miss the opener.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I quit going to games after the 2013 Season. That was it for me. The last game I went too was when we beat Houston 25-3 late in the 2013 Season. Luck's 2nd year. I have been to around 50 games or so from 1987-2013, most of them from 1995-2013. I would rather sit in a recliner, drink a 6 pack of beer, and eat pizza at my house now days and watch football. Not big on crowds anymore and I can use the bathroom when I want without a line of people waiting to use it lmao . I am just older now I guess :thmup:

I can’t sit in any stadium

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The biggest thing with Luck is how will his ankle respond to a full practice. Or even after a entire game. If  he can start practicing next week and test the ankle and able to practice a couple weeks that should help knock some rust off.

Exactly, that's what we're praying for. :coltshelmet: :coltshelmet: :coltslogo:

Remember TY last year, all the ankle woes, not practicing, but then he would man up on Sundays? 

Unless there is something structurally wrong with Luck’s ankle, it would be a BIG disappointment if he doesn’t simply play through the pain. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Remember TY last year, all the ankle woes, not practicing, but then he would man up on Sundays? 

Unless there is something structurally wrong with Luck’s ankle, it would be a BIG disappointment if he doesn’t simply play through the pain. 

The more I think about it they know he is going to play. They are being vague on purpose. Media is pretty much closed off to practice now so they can be really vague now keeping the chargers guessing. Also makes you wonder if he is throwing to receivers in these throwing sessions with Tom house.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize we have a pretty good defense that might help us win games while that rust is being shook off.

On paper we do.  We will find out if they are legit or just being hyped up when it matters on the field.  They will be facing better QBs this season. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I get physically sick 

I can’t go to movies, or church either

I have a nerve problem in my back  as long as I am moving I can stand up all day long …….But I can not sit for more than 60 minutes without starting to get a decent amount of pain ….I attribute it to my chosen occupation. 50 year warehouseman (which I forbid my kids from EVER doing for a living )  so sitting in theaters is out forever . I can do stadiums but I can not sit for long .

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

I have a nerve problem in my back  as long as I am moving I can stand up all day long …….But I can not sit for more than 60 minutes without starting to get a decent amount of pain ….I attribute it to my chosen occupation. 50 year warehouseman (which I forbid my kids from EVER doing for a living )  so sitting in theaters is out forever . I can do stadiums but I can not sit for long .

It not just the sitting for me I can look up or down at things 

Just some facts on Brissett for the ones that think he is terrible.

In 2017 he lead in 9 games at halftime. Remember chuck was bad at adjustments at halftime.

He can make throws even Luck can’t make.

He only had 7 INT in 2017.

If he has to play Reich will put him in a position to succeed. He has been the one taking all the reps since the spring. He is now in his second year with Reich. He has also been working with Tom House while he has been there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Does anyone get the feeling that Lucks injury isn’t as bad as what fans think it is or the way things have played out.

Yes.  If you read here it’s easy to think it’s going to be 2017 all over again.  However, the football people who talk about this say Luck might not be 100% but they expect him to play week one.  If anything I think this will be short term, maybe a week or two, and like Dungy said today he’s going to be back at some point and the Colts will be fine.  Yes there will be rust to knock off but a rusty Andrew Luck is still better than most QBs.