Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

Myles

Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andrew Luck play in the first regular season game?

Here is what I don't get.  Luck is paid $25 M a year to play 16 three hour games.

From what I understand he can't make the injury worse by playing.  It is a matter of playing with the pain or not.

Just STOP talking about it, get some cortisone shots, and go out there and play if that is the case. 

Damn I am tired of reading about him and his pain  and the 'process'.

Be a man and play.

I have a lower back I can barely even get out of bed with.  Have to kind of roll out of bed.  Can't bend over.  Can't twist.  I walk with a limp everywhere.  The last week has been hell. 

I took 5 tylenol last night, drank some vodka, and went and bowled 3 games and averaged 220.  FOR NO PAY.

He can damn well play on an ankle he isn't even limping on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I give Luck a 90% chance of playing. I did not go 100% because nothing is 100%. It's seems like most of the media has us losing to the Chargers no matter who we play anyway. It is one of our tougher games on the schedule.

The chargers are a good team, but they aren't  unbeatable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Here is what I don't get.  Luck is paid $25 M a year to play 16 three hour games.

From what I understand he can't make the injury worse by playing.  It is a matter of playing with the pain or not.

Just STOP Fing talking about it, get some cortisone shots, and go out there and play if that is the case. 

Be a man and play.

I have a lower back I can barely even get out of bed with.  Have to kind of roll out of bed.  Can't bend over.  Can't twist.  I walk with a limp everywhere.  The last week has been hell. 

I took 5 tylenol last night, drank some vodka, and went and bowled 3 games and averaged 220.  FOR NO PAY.

I think he will play, if he doesn't then there is something major going on we do not know about.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he will play, if he doesn't then there is something major going on we do not know about.

I am really REALLY starting to wonder what is going on between Luck's ears.

This is highly unusual for a NFL qb to be going through even once.  But twice?

How many other qbs go through this kind of thing other than when they have a broken bone like Aaron Rodgers?  A legit injury.  Not saying Lucks shoulder wasn't legit...but his time to come back seemed....excessive.  And now this?  Luck just seems to have an extremely low pain threshold and perhaps is losing his desire to play ever since he got paid.

I hope that isn't the case but c'mon man.  He isn't a cripple out there.  He seems fine. 

14 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I am really REALLY starting to wonder what is going on between Luck's ears.

This is highly unusual for a NFL qb to be going through even once.  But twice?

How many other qbs go through this kind of thing other than when they have a broken bone like Aaron Rodgers?  A legit injury.  Not saying Lucks shoulder wasn't legit...but his time to come back seemed....excessive.  And now this?  Luck just seems to have an extremely low pain threshold and perhaps is losing his desire to play ever since he got paid.

I hope that isn't the case but c'mon man.  He isn't a cripple out there.  He seems fine. 

He played a year with a ripped up shoulder. He finished a game with a broken rib that lacerated his kidney. I don’t think that is a issue at all.

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

One of the best backup QBs in the league? Hardly. At least not from what I saw in that first preseason game. Brissett and Walker both frankly sucked and Kelly looked pretty good playing against a bunch of guys who will probably be working in a car wash or selling life insurance come September. No, what we have are three guys who could probably take a few snaps and hand the ball off or take a knee, or possibly pick up a quarter or so in a blowout game. But if any of those three guys have to take a significant number of snaps we're going 5-11 at best. 

He threw for 3100 yards on a team with an average receiving corps and one of the worst o-lines in the league.

I’m not one of these people who thinks we could get a first rounder for him or anything like that.  I think a lot of people overrate him.

But as far as backups go...there aren’t many I’d rather have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JR Indy said:

I thought this team was ready to roll.  But this injury has really changed my mind 

You’re what Steve Martin was talking about when he described his father as a “classic overreactor” in the movie Father of the Bride.

Injuries aside, there’s cause to expect we’ll be a better team this year than we were last year.  But it’s tough — and rare — to be a genuine Super Bowl caliber team.  I wouldn’t say we have no shot.  But I suspect we’re not at the top off the oddsmakers’ lists.  I think it’s possible we’ll be in that echelon within a couple years, though.

And I don’t think anybody needs to be going all Chicken Little over Luck’s injury yet, either.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

You’re what Steve Martin was talking about when he described his father as a “classic overreactor” in the movie Father of the Bride.

Injuries aside, there’s cause to expect we’ll be a better team this year than we were last year.  But it’s tough — and rare — to be a genuine Super Bowl caliber team.  I wouldn’t say we have no shot.  But I suspect we’re not at the top off the oddsmakers’ lists.  I think it’s possible we’ll be in that echelon within a couple years, though.

And I don’t think anybody needs to be going all Chicken Little over Luck’s injury yet, either.  

No I am not an overeactor, I am just a Colts fan voicing my opinion. Some fans drop thousands on season tickets, some buy the cable nfl package. Some dress up from head to toes, some just sport a tee shirt. Regardless of where you or I stand. At the end of the day we all are fans of the same team that wants to see this team beat that sorry team up in Boston. I hope we agree on that one

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Old Colt said:

This is yet another time he has been caught being less then truthful and misleading fans. 

So, Ballard has an MD degree too? He can only let out what was simplified for him...

10 hours ago, JR Indy said:

PW, and JB are healthy but they are not that good.

And yet some folks here also want a 2nd or 3rd for him in trade? 

IMO, JB is better than many think, and I'm not a JB fan boi...

Fans are sometimes the absolute worst...

@threeflight do you actually believe you can judge Luck’s pain threshold based on what you think and feel you’d be able to play through against some of the biggest, fastest, strongest humans in sports?

Without knowing any of his actual medical info, the level of pain he’s reporting to the doctors, or risk of making the injury worse? Or even worse, getting ANOTHER injury because he can’t escape the pocket?

The frustration that comes with another lingering injury w/ Luck and the drama surrounding it, I understand. The judgement and entitlement some fans have, I do not understand at all.

Relating to the topic, I voted no. But it’s really just a guess. I’m still hoping for the best that they’ve actually found the cause for the pain and can rehab it adequately.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So, Ballard has an MD degree too? He can only let out what was simplified for him...

And yet some folks here also want a 2nd or 3rd for him in trade? 

IMO, JB is better than many think, and I'm not a JB fan boi...

I wish, I hope I am wrong about Brissett. And I will be the first to post if I am wrong. But his play so far has to improve 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, threeflight said:

Just STOP Fing talking about it, get some cortisone shots, and go out there and play if that is the case.

Probably what's going to happen.

Then don't.

Congratulations.  Do you want a gold star?  Cookie?  Participation trophy?

We'll see in a few weeks.  Until then, you can stop talking about it.  K thanks!  :thmup:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, threeflight said:

Just STOP talking about it, get some cortisone shots, and go out there and play if that is the case. 

Be a man and play.

You’re comparing what a professional NFL quarterback goes through...to bowling.....Really? Are you serious? I’ll tell you what...next time you go bowling, round up several 250-350 pound men if there’s any there, buy them a few rounds of vodka along with a few for you and don’t forget your Tylenol (you’ll need them) then have those guys repeatedly chase you around the bowling alley pummeling you and attempting to rip your head off. That might be a little more of a fair comparison. C’mon bud, man the F up, right? 

2rbkw8.jpg

31 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

No I am not an overeactor, I am just a Colts fan voicing my opinion. Some fans drop thousands on season tickets, some buy the cable nfl package. Some dress up from head to toes, some just sport a tee shirt. Regardless of where you or I stand. At the end of the day we all are fans of the same team that wants to see this team beat that sorry team up in Boston. I hope we agree on that one

Well of course we do.  That’s what sports fans are — eternally hopeful supporters of their teams.

I’m just saying that we probably weren’t ever going to be as good as you thought we were before Luck’s injury became a thing...and we probably aren’t going to be as bad as you fear we will now that it is.

There are about 4 or 5 teams that are highly likely to be in a Super Bowl hunt.  Luck’s injury aside, we can probably expect to be just a notch below that.  And that’s OK, considering where we were just a couple seasons ago.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Well of course we do.  That’s what sports fans are — eternally hopeful supporters of their teams.

I’m just saying that we probably weren’t ever going to be as good as you thought we were before Luck’s injury became a thing...and we probably aren’t going to be as bad as you fear we will now that it is.

There are about 4 or 5 teams that are highly likely to be in a Super Bowl hunt.  Luck’s injury aside, we can probably expect to be just a notch below that.  And that’s OK, considering where we were just a couple seasons ago.

Point taken my friend point taken

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really don’t care if he plays week 1. I am just tired of all the drama surrounding it. I will get excited for this defense and hopefully our oline can protect whichever QB plays. 

Then quit helping create the drama. You have flip flopped back and forth depending on what the latest tweets that come out say then throwing in a bunch of speculation and drama. Let this thing ride out and just r-e-l-a-x. I’m sounding like a broken record here. I do appreciate the informative posts, but.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLQeCFtOfi_XyDgx5V9KK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really don’t care if he plays week 1. I am just tired of all the drama surrounding it. I will get excited for this defense and hopefully our oline can protect whichever QB plays. 

Week one is an important game.  It's against a very good conference opponent and could have playoff implications and home field ramifications.  If we opened up against an NFC team I don't think it's a big deal but the first two games are AFC and a division opponent on the road.  Those are important games IMO.  We need Luck out there.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

You’re comparing what a professional NFL quarterback goes through...to bowling.....Really? Are you serious? I’ll tell you what...next time you go bowling, round up several 250-350 pound men if there’s any there, buy them a few rounds of vodka along with a few for you and don’t forget your Tylenol (you’ll need them) then have those guys repeatedly chase you around the bowling alley pummeling you and attempting to rip your head off. That might be a little more of a fair comparison. C’mon bud, man the F up, right? 

2rbkw8.jpg

I have played high school and college tennis at a Big 10 school ranked very highly.  Played hockey since I was 4 and played all the way through junior teams in Canada.  Was all city in basketball and football in HS.

Bowl to a 225 average and have participated in many pro tourney's.

Lift weights and body build 5 days a week.

I know what pain is.  Pain is not being able to move your shoulder and still going to the gym and bench pressing 300.  Pain is not being able to bend over and still bowl a 220 average.  Pain is having a broken toe and playing an entire hockey season with it.

I have played sports and dealt with pain my entire life.  And you know what?  I never got paid $25 M a season to do so.  If you think Luck is not messed up in the head when it comes to pain and how he tolerates it?  I don't know what to tell you.

I promise you one thing.  Tom Brady would be out there practicing.  He would be playing.  And he sure as hell would not be complaining about it.

Done with Luck.  He is a *.  Plain and simple.  His heart isn't in the game anymore.  IF you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

I don’t live in Indy or near any football cities so going to NFL games, much less colts games, is not easy. Last time I went was week 1 of 2017 after irsay said Luck would be ready. 2 weeks ago I bought tickets to the Kansas City game and now I’m thinking this could be 2017 all over again and I won’t get to see Luck again lol 

7 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I don’t live in Indy or near any football cities so going to NFL games, much less colts games, is not easy. Last time I went was week 1 of 2017 after irsay said Luck would be ready. 2 weeks ago I bought tickets to the Kansas City game and now I’m thinking this could be 2017 all over again and I won’t get to see Luck again lol 

I quit going to games after the 2013 Season. That was it for me. The last game I went too was when we beat Houston 25-3 late in the 2013 Season. Luck's 2nd year. I have been to around 50 games or so from 1987-2013, most of them from 1995-2013. I would rather sit in a recliner, drink a 6 pack of beer, and eat pizza at my house now days and watch football. Not big on crowds anymore and I can use the bathroom when I want without a line of people waiting to use it lmao . I am just older now I guess :thmup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, threeflight said:

I have played high school and college tennis at a Big 10 school ranked very highly.  Played hockey since I was 4 and played all the way through junior teams in Canada.  Was all city in basketball and football in HS.

I know what pain is.  Pain is not being able to move your shoulder and still going to the gym and bench pressing 300.  Pain is not being able to bend over and still bowl a 220 average.  Pain is having a broken toe and playing an entire hockey season with it.

I have played sports and dealt with pain my entire life.  And you know what?  I never got paid $25 M a season to do so.  If you think Luck is not messed up in the head when it comes to pain and how he tolerates it?  I don't know what to tell you.

I promise you one thing.  Tom Brady would be out there practicing.  He would be playing.  And he sure as hell would not be complaining about it.

Done with Luck.  He is a *.  Plain and simple.  His heart isn't in the game anymore.  IF you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

If you’re “done” with Luck can I politely suggest you stop posting this rhetoric repeatedly in multiple topics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, threeflight said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh3ya5nlHTL5lNNOCx9iM

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I think the Colts are certainly a "Super Bowl caliber" team.   There can be as many as 5-6 "Super Bowl caliber" teams in each conference.   Don't confuse that with being the favorite.   I think this Colts team can play with any other team in the league.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

The real bummer is missing Luck (obviously) the other major downer is thats going to force us to cut another player from this squad that we wouldn't if we didn't need to carry 3 QB's.

If you were hoping to keep 6 WR's (for example) thats not happening if Luck cant play.

We could put a TE on the practice squad and only carry 3 until Luck is ready.  I think Ross Travis or Hale would clear waivers. All though not sure if Travis has PS eligibility left. Take a guy lower on the depth chart that can clear waivers and put him on the PS until Luck is back.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

The real bummer is missing Luck (obviously) the other major downer is thats going to force us to cut another player from this squad that we wouldn't if we didn't need to carry 3 QB's.

If you were hoping to keep 6 WR's (for example) thats not happening if Luck cant play.

yeah fountain is in trouble, hate to put him on the wavier wire too.  there are some WR needy teams out there

10 hours ago, threeflight said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

How is Fountain in trouble? 

he was going to be hard to keep anyway, if Luck is out i dont see how he  makes the 53

i dont think we were keeping 6 WRs in the first place, we definitely wont if hes out

• Like 1