Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Irsay’s comments on Luck

How does a QB hurt a small bone in his leg during the offseason?  Helping a friend move a piano?

• Like 2

So;  this just further makes the point that CB and the Colts are being less than forthcoming.    I heard the same discussion on the morning sports show here in Indy.  They came up with what it is likely to be and symptoms can last up to a year.  Maybe not something he can't play thru, but it is definitely more than a simple "calf strain".  What is the purpose of the Colts being so deceptive in their discussions. The other teams don't care, they prepare to play the Colts team and if Luck doesn't play then that is just a bonus for them.  All this deceptiveness is starting to make me lose a little respect for Ballard, he never mentioned anything but a little calf strain and now it is a bone (albeit a small bone thing)?.  Irsay comes out at least and tells it like it is..."Confident he (Luck) will find his way thru this thing".   

This is why people don’t trust the Colts when it comes to injury updates on Luck.  They have been saying all along it’s a simple calf strain which has nothing to do with a bone and then Irsay comes out and says it’s a bone issue.  Again, I am not predicting doom and gloom but I am saying those that questioned what the Colts said about Luck’s injury have just cause to do so.  

• Like 7

I don’t get it either. Why not just tell the truth. I get it maybe Luck doesn’t want the truth out. There are laws about medical stuff being released. It’s just stupid. Luck needs to realize if this is true he has now lied to fans. 

• Like 3

we have gone from hes fine, to hes now targeting a week 1 return

when Luck himself used the word "targeting" that got me a little concerned.

• Like 2

Plus there is a greater chance he misses game one with a bone issue then a calf strain. This guy has always got drama around him. It’s all self inflicted by not telling the truth. Makes you wonder if he will miss game 1 and they are trying to make the chargers think he will play.

• Like 1

Perhaps this?

Fibula stress fracture

Fibula stress fracture may cause calf pain. The calf muscles attach to the fibula bone, so the traction and twisting forces of the muscles can cause a stress fracture. Symptoms consist of:

Pain at the back of the lower leg, which may be more towards the outside.

This injury would make putting weight on the leg pain, and the calf pain is likely to increase with exercise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Perhaps this?

Fibula stress fracture

Fibula stress fracture may cause calf pain. The calf muscles attach to the fibula bone, so the traction and twisting forces of the muscles can cause a stress fracture. Symptoms consist of:

Pain at the back of the lower leg, which may be more towards the outside.

This injury would make putting weight on the leg pain, and the calf pain is likely to increase with exercise.

Yeah that would make sense but why not just say he had a fracture and when he did it. What is the purpose of lying.

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

The only good news is he did try to start camp. So it can’t be to bad. He did warmups with the team the other day.

• Like 1

Here is what he actually said. Anyone remember how much time Ryan Diem missed if any?

Just now, LockeDown said:

He had 3 MRIs. That should have showed up each time.

Its possible Irsay's bone comment is referring to where the calf muscle attaches to the bone. it may not actually mean a bone problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Plus there is a greater chance he misses game one with a bone issue then a calf strain. This guy has always got drama around him. It’s all self inflicted by not telling the truth. Makes you wonder if he will miss game 1 and they are trying to make the chargers think he will play.

Good point, but if he doesn't practice the Chargers will not be scared.  We saw the Colts for the 1st 6 games last year as Luck and others worked off the rust.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah that would make sense but why not just say he had a fracture and when he did it. What is the purpose of lying.

Well, it really wouldn't be lying. If this was the issue, saying he had calf pain would be accurate.

To be clear, I'm only researching calf pain on google, and not saying I think this is what is wrong with Luck. But Irsay did make this a lot more interesting (and not in a good way!) by mentioning the word "bone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

It may have, but CB and the Colts wouldn't tell fans if it did.... Unfortunately, I have to believe this now.

25F5A562-B09E-473B-B408-4D9796DCAD0D.jpg

Has anyone actually seen him lately and made sure his leg hasn’t fallen clean off Because at this point ruling anything out is foolish. 

• Haha 4

this sucks in todays NFL you need a good QB and you need him healthy to have a chance.  brissett is a good backup but 7-8 wins is max for a backup QB if luck cant go.

i hope luck is back sooner rather than later. If brissett has to start 2-3 games its not the end of the world but making the playoffs at this point should be the goal not the 1-2 seed.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

oh the forum today is gonna be so fun :popcorn:

When is it not?

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Has anyone actually seen him lately and made sure his leg hasn’t fallen clean off Because at this point ruling anything out is foolish. 

lol. He did warmups with the team on Saturday and was our there with the red jersey calling plays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The truth is bad for ticket sales. 
See Manning, Luck past history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

lol. He did warmups with the team on Saturday and was our there with the red jersey calling plays.

He wore a cap too, so he is fine..... good to go

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

The truth is bad for ticket sales. 
See Manning, Luck past history.

I can imagine saying stress fracture does sound worse then calf strain.

• Like 1

Could be a bone bruise which would have shown up on an MRI. With what Luck is doing to heal, this sounds like the most probable injury. These take some time, but its not the end of the world.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

We don’t know that they didn’t.  Just because the Colts said it didn’t doesn’t mean it didn’t show something.   It’s been well established that the Colts aren’t obligated to tell us everything about injuries and that’s been my point through all this.  People need to stop expecting them to tell us everything and taking everything they say as the gospel truth.  Use your eyes.  Most people know it doesn’t take this long for just a simple calf strain to heal.  So that’s why I’ve thought something more was probably going on.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Could be a bone bruise which would have shown up on an MRI. With what Luck is doing to heal, this sounds like the most probable injury. These take some time, but its not the end of the world.

Could be that could be a stress fracture.  The only thing I think we can probably rule out is some kind of break.

Yes.  It could be where the muscle attaches to the bone near the ankle.  An overly strong muscle could put stress on the bone where it is attached.  Its a problem that is typically associated with PEDs and weightlifters but simply working out too hard could cause the problem also. 

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Captain Andrew Luck will soon be walking with a cane or even a pegleg......

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Could be that could be a stress fracture.  The only thing I think we can probably rule out is some kind of break.

Actually, a bone bruise is usually associated with "micro-fractures". Causes fluid build up and some discomfort.

Ballard did a interview right before irsay. He is probably like shut up Jim.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Captain Andrew Luck will soon be walking with a cane or even a pegleg......

He’s been amputated at the belly button. The guy in camp is a stunt double. When we go to SD in week 1 they’ll wheel him out on a two-wheel cart. At the snap Nelson will wheel him back behind the line and he’ll make passes from there. 

We’re just being coy and trying to catch the Chargers off guard in Week 1. 

Pretty brilliant when you think about it... 

• Haha 3

I'm concerned but not overly worried. If he isn't ready to practice the week of the Chargers game, then I'll start hitting the panic button.

• Like 1

I posted awhile back in the Luck injury thread that it sounded like a bone spur issue based on the location of the pain. I hope that’s not the case. 

the browns do this as well.  In training camp the team doesn't have to tell you what the Injury is to a player no injury reports until the season.

• Like 1