Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

Chloe6124

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's called being injured.  But don't let that get in the way of you knowing everything. 
    • Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State, is a  difference maker. He’s creeping into late Round 1 consideration. Just watching him vs Texas, great body control.
    • Depends on pick..for a high 3 rd maybe
    • I absolutely hate how Reich handled the A.V. situation last year when A.V. was losing games for us and it was clear there was a problem and Reich did nothing until.....too late. I think that if Rivers plays poorly against the better teams that are coming on our schedule, Reich will stay with Rivers until it's too late. Call me an iconoclast but I don't subscribe to the idea that the only solution for the QB position is QB#1 all the time and QB#2 never sees the field unless injury or the season is "over". A Colts fan from 1967 I never lived in either of the Colts home markets and living in the Bay Area I saw all the Lamonica/Blanda games in the 1970 season (if you don't know what happened that season look it up as it's NFL history worth knowing) and it made an impression, even though the Morton/Staubach Cowboy teams advanced the "only one QB" case to the opposite. The A.V. situation and the going for it on 4th obsession made me question if Reich coaches with his head or his heart, I see his judgement as suspect although I don't hate him.
    • My response wasn't emotional.  There are business decisions that go beyond the talent vs pick equation.    Its not like we have decided we don't why TY back next year.  And the 4th round pick is just going to get us more depth JAGS, which we already have aside from Pittman and Campbell, both of whom are second round picks that the new 4th round guy won't displace.   All we're doing is risking losing TY if he plays better, with only our typical off the team/on the team revolving door talent to replace him this year.   And, if we keep him this year and he signs elsewhere in the spring, we might get a 4th round pick anyway, albeit a year later.   To me, it all adds up to keeping a family member in the family hoping that production improves, until the employment contract runs out.  Then you talk business.
  • Members