Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Training Camp Day 14

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Luck practiced all TC. Luck hasn’t done anything team wise since the KC game.

luck is throwing and doing workouts he's not just sitting on his butt

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody listening to NFL Network on SiriusXM? Just had Ballard on.... Irsay coming up in a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

Anybody listening to NFL Network on SiriusXM? Just had Ballard on.... Irsay coming up in a few.

They say anything about 12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

They say anything about 12?

Nothing we haven't already heard unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay going to fan flames. Talking about a bone injury??? He was incoherent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

Irsay going to fan flames. Talking about a bone injury??? He was incoherent

Geez, what did he say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a difference in worrying and understanding there is defiantly a possibility this teams offense starts out bad. The ones saying it will be fine are  really not being honest either.  It really could go either way.

 

Chloe let me ask you something you see a team that doesn't game plan for a opponent take them on and not look good on the oline due to two missing key offenses players being out and yet were gonna look bad this year when the season starts is that what your implying? do you not realize that theirs a major difference between playing a team without game planning vs game planning for the opponent? have we played a game vs a team that we've game planned for yet? no we have not so instead of worrying why not wait and see what happens preseason game 3 :goodluck:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Chloe let me ask you something you see a team that doesn't game plan for a opponent take them on and not look good on the oline due to two missing key offenses players being out and yet were gonna look bad this year when the season starts is that what your implying? do you not realize that theirs a major difference between playing a team without game planning vs game planning for the opponent? have we played a game vs a team that we've game planned for yet? no we have not so instead of worrying why not wait and see what happens preseason game 3 :goodluck:

That wasn’t my reason, lol. When the offense hasn’t had luck actually running live drills there is a great possibility it  won’t be in rhythm, had nothing to do with the pre season game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That wasn’t my reason, lol. When the offense hasn’t had luck actually running live drills there is a great possibility it  won’t be in rhythm, had nothing to do with the pre season game.

i see well with the type of injury Luck has i would let him take as much time off as he needs because all it takes is a set back that can keep him out all season long just like Durant will do this coming year. id rather have Luck back week 4 of the regular season then not have Luck at all calf injuries are nothing to play around with or willing to risk rushing someone back into action whose not ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ManningGM said:

I hope Hines kills it on returns because I'm just not seeing it with Pascal. 

 

 

Pascal is good I believe he stays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Pascal is good I believe he stays!

I hope not.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i see well with the type of injury Luck has i would let him take as much time off as he needs because all it takes is a set back that can keep him out all season long just like Durant will do this coming year. id rather have Luck back week 4 of the regular season then not have Luck at all calf injuries are nothing to play around with or willing to risk rushing someone back into action whose not ready

I am not questioning whether or not to give Luck time. That is the right decision.  It is still a big possibility that the offense won’t be ready,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was I on peyote or did I not see Luck jumping around, doing drills, and moving around quickly and throwing passes to start camp, all without problem? If he's that damn injured, wouldn't he not be able to make those kind of movements/cuts? I'm 99% sure it's just precautionary, and the pain crept back in from the original injury in April, and they don't want it to turn into something worse. It's fact that he's still throwing to guys on the side, and I'd assume he's still doing absolutely everything he would've been doing other than live game stuff. Sucks we open against the Chargers, but how long do you think it's really gonna take him to get acclimated in a scheme he already knows, players he's mainly already thrown to, and coaches he's already played for? I'm more concerned with Parris not getting the reps as a rookie WR. We needed that added element on offense, because the practice squad guys we were rolling out last year just wasn't acceptable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the one good thing is we returned almost all the starters. 

 

With Parris being side lined he might not be as involved right away with the offense as he could of been. Rookies have it tough because they have no time off  after college. They have to prepare for the combine and then you have the draft then right into spring practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

Of course he is, I have no concerns at all about him or the team being ready for week 1. Did some even think that maybe he doesn't like training camp? A lot of players dislike training camp and even pre-season. Also a lot of the veteran QB's do not play in the pre-season much at all either. I have never been worried about Luck and still am not. I wasn't worried coming into last season and even posted Luck would come back healthy and have a monster season. I had us going 9-7 and making the 6th spot last season when many had us stinking up the joint lmao . We actually went 10-6.

 

I am not a doctor but Luck will start in week 1 and we will be fine IMO. All of this worrying is for nothing. I haven't watched football for 40 years for nothing to know what is going on.

 

Expectations remain the same for me with Luck playing all 16 games. As in, I expect 11-5 and an AFCCG appearance. I won't go as far as saying SB or bust yet because in reality we are still rebuilding. I had mentioned to many other posters that 2020 would be our year to win it all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stitches said:

I hate doing this but the Colts need to take a serious look into those soft tissue injuries and the recovery from them. Luck, Campbell, AC last year(I would bet there are a lot more that I just cannot remember right now). This continues happening. Players try to return after injury only to suffer setbacks and make things worse.

 

I heard some injury expert say we are bottom third in the league in injuries 10 years running. Every single year! This is coming to the point where it cannot be just dumb luck. Is it trainers/medical staff... is it the artificial turf at Lucas Oil Stadium? Is it the coaching? Is is the nutrition/food? Whatever it is, they need to figure it out. This can't keep happening again and again and again and again... I realize that this is contact sport and physical sport and some injuries are expected but the level and consistency of it happening to Colts players is very much out of the ordinary. 

I said a few years ago that it might be the turf. It looks good and allows a person to play faster but it doesn’t absorb falls very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one lives their life using absolutes as a gauge to define one's own happiness, there is from a percentage point of likelihood..... a great deal of disappointment in one's future.

 

To clarify, when....

 

Luck doesn't appear in practice, it does not signify the offense will be out of rhythm.  

Luck does appear in practice, it does not signify the offense will be in rhythm. 

Nelson gets worked in practice against against Autry, it does not mean that he has regressed.

Nelson handles Autry, it does not mean that Autry will not be a feared man in the middle.

When our preseason schedule says "tough", that we are going to have a worse year.

When our preseason schedule says "easier", that we are going to have a better year.

 

There is so much, "This has happened or has not happened, therefore........" being posted. Absolutely none of it is true...yet. If we struggle offensively in the first part of the season, it could be for an entirely different reason than the absolute stated here, However, the I told you so will still be shared. 

 

Why does the preseason seem to get made into a supermarket tabloid cover? 

 

"Step right up....get your copy........Luck coins cagey calf....season in doubt!"  :thanks:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Is this Walkers contract year? 

No. He has one more left. But they could extend him if they wanted to after the season since he will have his third year in.

Replacing walker would be a huge task for a rookie. He is the one who makes sure everyone is where they should be. Leonard says he is as good as he is because of Walker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

im starting to think Brissett may be the problem with the offense.  he doesnt seem to read the field very well, never has tbh.  he doesnt move that well either 

Yah think???  I remember the posters were saying he was worth a second or even a 1st.  I would keep Kelly over him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yah think???  I remember the posters were saying he was worth a second or even a 1st.  I would keep Kelly over him

 

Kelly over Brissett after one preseason game against scrubs is just a touch premature.  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock is looking like another Ballard steal. Wow the pick was nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, csmopar said:
 

 

 

Isn't he the highest paid slot corner already lol.... he better play like it.

 

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

 

May be nothing, but not a great sign for Pascal.

 

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

I really hope we see both Cain and Fountain on the field at the same time with Kelly this weekend.

 

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The starting offense better get the * In gear,

 

 

So is Kelly taking second team snaps now vs Walker?

 

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

 

Rogers is looking more and more like a lock.... 

 

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Rock’s new name is Lock Ya Sin.

 

 

 

Rock the Lock

 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a difference in worrying and understanding there is defiantly a possibility this teams offense starts out bad. The ones saying it will be fine are  really not being honest either.  It really could go either way.

 

 

I wouldn't lose optimism just yet. I'm not going to get concerned until the week before our final preseason game. If Luck is back, two weeks will be plenty of time with the starters. He'll be just fine with Z, Slot, APB, and TE (TY, Ebron, Rogers, Doyle, Alie Cox, and Hines). Campbell has been out a bunch too, so not a lot of impact there. X will be in no worse shape than the musical chairs we experienced last year. One has to think it won't take too long to get up to speed with Funch and Cain., and Pascal should he still be here.

 

No impact to D. 

 

7 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Just play Brissett for the 1st Qtr, Kelly for the 2nd and 3rd and Walker for the 4th. It's only preseason.

But it's true that Kelly can make things happen where Brissett can't.

 

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

I hope not.

 

 

I don't know if he stays or not,  it's a numbers crunch thing....

 

But Ballard has already said he was impressed with Pascal last year and this year.

 

Of course, don't let that get in the way of your opinion...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Just play Brissett for the 1st Qtr, Kelly for the 2nd and 3rd and Walker for the 4th. It's only preseason.

But it's true that Kelly can make things happen where Brissett can't.

 

 

I just love how you compare about a quarter and a half of the 1st pre-season game vs. 2nd and 3rd stringers for Kelly against Brissett who played almost the entire 17 season with a very poor team around him and played well by most all accounts.     He also played well in 4 games in the 16 regular season for New England in 4 games, where he won 3 of them.

 

But no worries....     your genius insights I'm sure are being noticed in the front office....   if for nothing else,  the pure comic relief....

 

Goodness gracious,  what nonsense....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO Luck again. Give the ball to Brissett already. I'm still mad they let Peyton walk for this dude. Colts fan (with or with out Luck). Im bout ready to get rid of my Luck Jersey. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BLAZEIN520 said:

NO Luck again. Give the ball to Brissett already. I'm still mad they let Peyton walk for this dude. Colts fan (with or with out Luck). Im bout ready to get rid of my Luck Jersey. 

Bye. Be careful when you step off the bandwagon, wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

Kelly over Brissett after one preseason game against scrubs is just a touch premature.  

 

 

Brissett was terrible and he was with the 1's.... Kelly deserves a chance.  Brissett's effort is why no one offered the Colts anything major for him in a trade.  If he starts the season, Colts will not win with him against SD or any competent team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I just love how you compare about a quarter and a half of the 1st pre-season game vs. 2nd and 3rd stringers for Kelly against Brissett who played almost the entire 17 season with a very poor team around him and played well by most all accounts.     He also played well in 4 games in the 16 regular season for New England in 4 games, where he won 3 of them.

 

But no worries....     your genius insights I'm sure are being noticed in the front office....   if for nothing else,  the pure comic relief....

 

Goodness gracious,  what nonsense....

 

So, a big Brissett fan I guess... hope your genius insights are right..Maybe we should trade Luck;Brissett looked soooo good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Brissett was terrible and he was with the 1's.... Kelly deserves a chance.  Brissett's effort is why no one offered the Colts anything major for him in a trade.  If he starts the season, Colts will not win with him against SD or any competent team.

Brissett only had 4 starters playing offense in the Bills game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Brissett was terrible and he was with the 1's.... Kelly deserves a chance.  Brissett's effort is why no one offered the Colts anything major for him in a trade.  If he starts the season, Colts will not win with him against SD or any competent team.

 

I'll take things I have no clue about for $800 Alex.

 

Tell me how you know what the Colts were offered for Brissett?  Isn't it possible that they simply did not want to trade him regardless.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old Colt said:

So, a big Brissett fan I guess... hope your genius insights are right..Maybe we should trade Luck;Brissett looked soooo good.

 

I like Jacoby....    but I'm here because of the OTHER quarterback....    you know,  #12.    Look at my avatar.

 

I'm more a fan of logic and common sense and facts.     You don't read too much into a brief appearnce of the 1st pre-season game.     You don't.    That's always been the way.    And then to compare it to the other guy who played in against the 2's and 3's....      silly.    Fan boy stuff.

 

The team has been raving about Jacoby since they acquired in in September of 17.   So, nearly two full years.     Things don't change after the first pre-season game.     They just don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Incorrect terminology on my part. It's a roster bonus and not a signing bonus. Kevin Bowen had mentioned this on 1070 last week too.   https://overthecap.com/player/jacoby-brissett/4804/  
    • There is always an example that will support either sticking with JB as a smart idea, as well as an example of moving on from JB, as a smart idea. Fans tend to use whatever example supports which choice they personally want. Folks tend to cite the current situation with the Steelers as evidence that moving on is a good idea, yet ignore how moving on has served the Browns. There is no one answer fits all.   In this, I bow to the braintrust of Reich/Ballard. Frank was a very astute QB, knows what the position takes, and I feel he has a good pulse of what Jacoby brings to the table, both on the field and off, as well as preparation, meetings, practices and so on. I have seen Jacoby look like the guy that could become the long term QB for the Colts, and I have seen him look like a QB that has too low of a ceiling. How much of that is circumstance, is the proof in the pudding.    That said, I believe that the upcoming draft and FA opportunities for the Colts are really important, but every year is really important. I don't think this offseason "defines" Ballard's legacy any more than every year does. They're all extremely important.  
    • We need playmakers. i thought Pittsburgh was crazy to give a 1st for Minkah.   i was mistaken.   our depth is much better than past seasons.  If a game-changing talent is there... take him.  Otherwise, because of our top of 2nd pick, we can gather picks.  We could also move up if we want.  Im gonna trust in Ballard and not stress about it.   i heard that orangutan Has already met with Jim and Chris to discuss the upcoming draft.
    • Cowboys only have one tag.  It looks like it's either Dak or Cooper.  I think there best bet is to resign him before FA.  
  • Members

    • CheezyColt

      CheezyColt 681

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Btown_Colt

      Btown_Colt 467

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CanuckColt

      CanuckColt 902

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • a06cc

      a06cc 685

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SR711

      SR711 6

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyJoe

      IndyJoe 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lennon1940

      Lennon1940 106

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 1,528

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • esmort

      esmort 1,594

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WoolMagnet

      WoolMagnet 4,054

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...