Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khari Willis

RockThatBlue

Few things I noticed......Rock still looked a bit crossed up in zone, but played pretty good man. It seems like they wanted to test those abilities to stress him out a bit.

Khari looked decent in cover two (with the exception of the helmet to helmet) and looked good covering tightends.

Speed looked the part of an NFL linebacker. He did have a helmet to helmet which could have been avoided. But, he seemed to fill his gap and made tackles - not the drag down from behind type either.

Okereke looked good filling his gaps in the run game as well. Managed to catch him playing zone coverage and he seemed to pick up and hand off folks as they passed thru his zone.

Gerri Green hustled, I'll give him that much. He struggled to disengage from the OT on every play that I saw him in there. 

I saw Tell in good coverage, once. That was literally the only play I saw him in though.

Our rookie OT got abused a couple times, but did okay on most of the plays I saw. 

Patterson - IR

Campbell - DNP

Banogu - DNP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reidm said:

I will say i didn't like the hit he had on Zay Jones. I think that should have been a flag. 

Willis is a throwback to the old school "headhunters" of the NFL!!!  A true enforcer!!

All types are needed in this world!  Welcome to the Colts Khari:applause:

• Like 2

Off topic from Khari or the other rookies - I'm still wishing they'd stop putting Lewis at NT/UT......he needs to play DE and replace Sheard eventually.

Sliding him inside on passing downs is fine. But on running downs they simply pushed him off of his spot or let him run right by the play.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbear said:

Did banogu play?  Speed has potential.  Fast and reckless (in a good way).  I thought Willis and ya-sin were pretty good, but hard to follow secondary plays.  

Im pretty stoked on our rookies potential....with Banogu being the exception. Not getting the warm fuzzies atm. Him being out of a pretty important preseason and that it seems they arent quite sure what to do with him if he was available. Hope Im 100% wrong though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Im pretty stoked on our rookies potential....with Banogu being the exception. Not getting the warm fuzzies atm. Him being out of a pretty important preseason and that it seems they arent quite sure what to do with him if he was available. Hope Im 100% wrong though. 

Speed is playing himself into solid playing time I think for sure he out performed Mathew Adams last night and Franklin and Moore too. 

• Like 1

I liked hoe Khari played. Sure there were some mistakes but that totally expected. Overall, I like jow hd always seemed to be around the ball which is what I like to see in a Strong Safety. Hè comes across as a good hard working kid, I think hd will make a good pro in this league.

Rock too flashed. Still has work to do in zone but he showed how great he is in man. But Quincy is still CB3 for sure, Rock is still learned, as we would expect. But Im very high on Rock and expect him to be a really good corner in the future.

One thing Id like to mention is our LB core. When Ballard took over as GM, imo the LB was probably the weakest group, utterly devoid of talent and unsuitable to play in this system. Now, without using a much draft capital, Ballard has completely built a really good young, exciting LB group. Okereke played very well beside Walker and Speed flashed alot too. I love both these players, they have high upside with their size and ahleticsm. Adams has a good game too. And we know all about AWJ and Leonard. Imo this is one of Ballard's finest achievements in his short career as Colts GM so far.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seems like Carroll Phillips showed out last night.  If he keeps it up that adds another guy to go along with Houston, Turay, Banogu, Muhammad/Sheard.

I need to see him do against guys further up the depth chart.  Hopefully he gets that chance.

• Like 2

I liked a lot of what KW did. Wasn't perfect, but great first pre season game. He, Odum, Hariston, and Wilson got the highest amount of DB snaps last night. He's still got a tough road ahead of him, but great start. He did better than I though he would. Next week should be a much bigger test, as it will be for a lot of the young guys who stood out yesterday.

21 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have to say I thought he really held his own last night and played pretty well. Anyone else think so too?

Willis looked decent I thought his play was kinda masked by playing with the 1’s. I would have liked to see him play some more with the 2s and 3s. I was more impressed by Speed boy can he fly. He looked like Darius Leonard  2.0 out there. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Off topic from Khari or the other rookies - I'm still wishing they'd stop putting Lewis at NT/UT......he needs to play DE and replace Sheard eventually.

Sliding him inside on passing downs is fine. But on running downs they simply pushed him off of his spot or let him run right by the play.....

That is what will happen at DE too. NFL Ts will push him off the ball out of the play or just guide him past the QB. He's a classic tweener.