Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Manning Luv If Signs With Titans?

JColts72

This would be tough for me because i love Peyton and despise the Titans. It would also slim the Colts chances even more of making the playoffs for the next 3 or 4 years if Peyton is still able to play at an elite level.

I second that. I love PM, but when at least four teams desperately love him, and he chose the one where he knows he would play his former ball-club twice a year, every year (and could directly prevent them from making the post season), then the choice seems A LOT more like it is retaliatory. Even despite his connections to Tennessee, hard to imagine if he truly buys into "I will be a Colt for life" that he would pick the one team that could do the most damage to the Colts for the remainder of his career.

With that said, Peyton is a classy enough person that I do not think he will be making that choice. I think he will use them as leverage to get higher contract offers from the teams he is actually considering going to. I honestly believe judging by his demeanor he was very sad to go, and loves this organization and community. He knows fans would turn on him pretty quickly if he went to his old team's division rival. I don't think he would do that.

Yesterday on NFL Network when Marshall Faulk wondered if Colts fan would boo him when he came back if he was with the Titans, I thought he was crazy. Judging by some of these comments, maybe he is right. Personally, I think that would be very bad form. He did so much for this franchise and it wasn't his choice to leave. He should now look for the best team for him whoever that is. He isn't going to base his decision on competing against the Colts. Give him a little more credit than that. If it is Tennessee it will be for many reasons more substantial reasons than just being able to beat the Colts. He is looking for a team that he thinks can win the SB, beating the Colts is not going to be his primary concern.

Yesterday on NFL Network when Marshall Faulk wondered if Colts fan would boo him when he came back if he was with the Titans, I thought he was crazy. Judging by some of these comments, maybe he is right. Personally, I think that would be very bad form. He did so much for this franchise and it wasn't his choice to leave. He should now look for the best team for him whoever that is. He isn't going to base his decision on competing against the Colts. Give him a little more credit than that. If it is Tennessee it will be for many reasons more substantial reasons than just being able to beat the Colts. He is looking for a team that he thinks can win the SB, beating the Colts is not going to be his primary concern.

I would not boo him at all, I agree that would be in bad taste. But you cannot tell me that he reasonably thinks that Tennessee gives him the best chance to get to the Superbowl. Houston is by far the top of the division right now, and they just keep getting better year to year. Someplace like Denver makes a lot more sense where all the teams are pretty equal comparatively, and adding him to a team could make them the easy favorite.

With the Colts in a rebuilding mode I don't care where Manning goes. He probably has a few good years left and if the Colts aren't in contention I will root for whatever team he is on to win a Superbowl. I wanted to see the Colts win another SB with Manning but I will root for his team second only to the Colts.

I wouldn't boo him, but I would boo the heck out of the Titans like I always have and always will. I'll never ever root for the Titans.

I for one, would want him to stink it up in Tenn., knowing him, he may just want to sign with them to stick it to the Colts.

I would still support Manning even if he signed with the Pats. He has a lifetime pass in my book,he has earned it! I would just root for him to have huge numbers, but lose due to coaching errors.

Yesterday on NFL Network when Marshall Faulk wondered if Colts fan would boo him when he came back if he was with the Titans, I thought he was crazy. Judging by some of these comments, maybe he is right. Personally, I think that would be very bad form. He did so much for this franchise and it wasn't his choice to leave.

nah, it's about the competitiveness & trash talking. manning knows that as well as anyone. i'd boo him & love him at the same time

I can understand booing the Titans during the game, but when he comes out of the locker room and during introductions, he should be cheered.

I don't think Tennessee gives him a good chance to win a SB, but his judgment on that is probably better than ours.

Me personally, I have been a Colt fan since the mid-70's so I went through many, many bad years. As a result, I will always cheer for anyone (on a personal level, not neccassarily their team) that was on the '06 team. They gave me the most satisfying moment of my life as a sports fan.

I will be very upset if he signs with tennessee. to me if he signs with the titans, he is only doing it to throw it in irsays face. that there would be unclassy and would lose my respect for the guy. but would he really want to make the fan base of the one team he worked so hard to make happy, turn against him by signing with a division rival?

I would hate it but it is business. Just as I said it made business sense for the Colts to cut Manning...if it is in Peyton's best interest to sign with a division rival then I can't begrudge the man for making a business decision. Like Fan of the Manning pointed out in another thread, you can't have it both ways. It would suck but it is what it is.

That said...if Peyton signs within the division, I wouldn't be able to root for his success (as I would otherwise like to) because it would adversely affect the Colts chances going forward. Couldn't boo him though.

He would be dead to me until he retired.

At which point I would treat him the same way I would had he never left.

This.

It's said Manning told Irsay, "I would like to play for you but if you don't pick me, I will kick your butt for the next 15 years." If he goes to TEN, he likely makes good on some of that promise. And I wouldn't blame him. That said, he doesn't seem spiteful...and I fully expect him to go to DEN anyway.

I for one, would want him to stink it up in Tenn., knowing him, he may just want to sign with them to stick it to the Colts.

Agree - if he's playing for a rival, I hope he "stinks it up". We can all then cheer the astute owner of the Colts.

I bet Irsay is praying to God, Buddha, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Allah that Peyton will sign with anyone but an AFC South team.

Can you imagine the embarrassment that might happen if Peyton is receiving more cheers then the Colts? It would be even worse than when the Bulls played the Pacers here in the playoffs last year and you saw more Bulls fans then Pacers fans at Pacer home games.

I would not be surprised if this happened given the reaction to Peyton being cut.

I hope he picks the Broncos because seeing him coming in and kicking our defenses butt in LOS would just be a punch to the stomach.

I bet Irsay is praying to God, Buddha, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Allah that Peyton will sign with anyone but an AFC South team.

Can you imagine the embarrassment that might happen if Peyton is receiving more cheers then the Colts? It would be even worse than when the Bulls played the Pacers here in the playoffs last year and you saw more Bulls fans then Pacers fans at Pacer home games.

I would not be surprised if this happened given the reaction to Peyton being cut.

I hope he picks the Broncos because seeing him coming in and kicking our defenses butt in LOS would just be a punch to the stomach. if that happened iut would just show how many people followed peyton not the colts

I hope he picks the Broncos because seeing him coming in and kicking our defenses butt in LOS would just be a punch to the stomach. if that happened iut would just show how many people followed peyton not the colts

I actually have a good feeling about the D. I think Pagano will get this thing on track. Not sure how long it takes but I think it's going to be promising.