Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
wordofmouth

Time to panic!

9 hours ago, threeflight said:

Not impressed by anything I saw tonight.

Without Luck, this team is going no where.  Even with Luck, they might be a 10-6 team at best as

1.  Luck is a fragile QB now who tends to guide the ball instead of throwing it due to shoulder damage.

2.  I don't think he will ever be the QB we thought he might be coming out of college.  Very good yes.  Manningesque?  No.

This team got hot against some bad competition last year and rode it to the playoffs in a weak division.  I am not sold on the Offensive play calling either.  Too many times last year they went 3 and out with some very iffy calls.  I actually thought the play calling was better the first 4 games of the year with the quick hitters compared to the last 4 when things seemed to slow down.

Luck I think at this point can only be considered 50/50 to start the year.  Can he play more than 12 games?  I doubt it but hope I am wrong. 

IMO they need to seriously consider drafting a QB next year and possibly move on from Luck if he cannot prove himself to stay healthy.  Love the guy a ton.  But he is a walking MASH unit the past 3 years and quite frankly I am getting a little tired of his 'awww shucks I just need to stick with the process' spiel.  We get it.  It is a process.  THE PROCESS.  Process.  

You are being paid $22 M a year to play 16 games.  If a calf strain is enough to keep you out?  It might be time to retire.  Thing is I don't even think it is the leg injury at this point.  It is more in his head than anything.  He overthinks everything.

Ridiculous!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, threeflight said:

Without Luck, this team is going no where.  Even with Luck, they might be a 10-6 team at best as

1.  Luck is a fragile QB now who tends to guide the ball instead of throwing it due to shoulder damage.

2.  I don't think he will ever be the QB we thought he might be coming out of college.  Very good yes.  Manningesque?  No.

This team got hot against some bad competition last year and rode it to the playoffs in a weak division.  I am not sold on the Offensive play calling either.  Too many times last year they went 3 and out with some very iffy calls.  I actually thought the play calling was better the first 4 games of the year with the quick hitters compared to the last 4 when things seemed to slow down.

Luck I think at this point can only be considered 50/50 to start the year.  Can he play more than 12 games?  I doubt it but hope I am wrong. 

IMO they need to seriously consider drafting a QB next year and possibly move on from Luck if he cannot prove himself to stay healthy.  Love the guy a ton.  But he is a walking MASH unit the past 3 years and quite frankly I am getting a little tired of his 'awww shucks I just need to stick with the process' spiel.  We get it.  It is a process.  THE PROCESS.  Process.  

You are being paid $22 M a year to play 16 games.  If a calf strain is enough to keep you out?  It might be time to retire.  Thing is I don't even think it is the leg injury at this point.  It is more in his head than anything.  He overthinks everything.

You seem to be here when we only lose for 'most' part. I have been here for over 4 years and you complain 'almost' more than any poster I have ever seen and 'rarely' give the team credit when we win/play well. When we won 10 out of 11 last season, you disappeared. After we lost to KC you reappeared like David Blaine, very magical lmao . Strange IMO.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, threeflight said:

So....the guy ran for his life due to atrocious line play and atrocious playcalling by this team for years, has had lacerated kidney, shoulder damage, and concussions as a result, and now a strained calf, and people just want to move on? Have theses people forgotten how much he has done for this team with very little? The places he has taken us? Do people no longer have a sense of loyalty? He is not a flash in the pan. He is a top level quarterback with a low level injury as far as we know. People need to R-E-L-A-X, my goodness.

• Like 1

Pre-season games are 100% irrelevant.

Better to play vanilla, pretend to suck, and toy with your opponents than to talk a lot of trash and give your opponents bulletin board material ala Mike Vanderjagt.

For all we know, Andrew Luck's calf injury is 99.99% faked, written off as "team taking precaution, not wanting another Kevin Durant situation" so opponents will underestimate the team. If I were GM or coach, that's what I'd do; list as many players as I could as doubtful/probable so opponents think the team is full of injuries when it's the furthest thing from the truth.

• Like 2

Who cares about preseason really? All I want to see is effort from the guys trying to make the team. Rest is just to get the guys back to gameday mentality. Playcalling and all that means jack% imo. :bored:

• Like 1

Preseason games are not irrelevant. Winning or losing them is irrelevant. A group of individuals learning to play together as a team is the real challenge. We have a way to go for that to happen.

• Like 1