Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duke Johnson traded to Texans

chad72

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Good pickup for the Texans but they still need linemen 

43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This is a good trade for the Texans. Not that they got a steal or anything, but Duke Johnson's a solid receiving RB and Deshaun loves his underneath options. 

Bad OL or not, he'll probably thrive in the receiving game.

Yep. The checkdown RB will be a good outlet if the first line of defense, the OL, fails. If the OL fails too often, screens and checkdowns become less effective.

• Like 1

Oh man are we in trouble.  We meaning the entire NFL.

If local Houston radio is to be believed, their top 3 WR are combining for 4500 yards & their underrated TE group is gonna chip in another 1200 yards.

Conservatively speaking, the remainder of their WR group after Hopkins/Fuller/Coutee will get about 500 yards, and their rb group will get about 1000 yards.

So, Watson will throw for 7200 yards this year.  Case closed.  Why are we even playing the season?

49 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Oh man are we in trouble.  We meaning the entire NFL.

If local Houston radio is to be believed, their top 3 WR are combining for 4500 yards & their underrated TE group is gonna chip in another 1200 yards.

Conservatively speaking, the remainder of their WR group after Hopkins/Fuller/Coutee will get about 500 yards, and their rb group will get about 1000 yards.

So, Watson will throw for 7200 yards this year.  Case closed.  Why are we even playing the season?

Doesn’t matter if you cannot get the ball to them

14 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Great move. I love it. Now if we could only acquire Trent Williams somehow...

Long time no see! I think it's not a bad value trade at all, always quite liked Johnson as a RB. 

Trent Williams may well be available but at what price? 2nd rounder at least you'd think. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Long time no see! I think it's not a bad value trade at all, always quite liked Johnson as a RB. 

Trent Williams may well be available but at what price? 2nd rounder at least you'd think. 

Yep! I thought I’d poke my head in with the season just around the corner. At this point I think the relationship between Williams and Washington is unsalvageable. I hate parting with early round picks on older veterans, but he’s the kind of guy to help make a massive turnaround on a bad unit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...