Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duke Johnson traded to Texans

chad72

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Good pickup for the Texans but they still need linemen 

43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This is a good trade for the Texans. Not that they got a steal or anything, but Duke Johnson's a solid receiving RB and Deshaun loves his underneath options. 

Bad OL or not, he'll probably thrive in the receiving game.

Yep. The checkdown RB will be a good outlet if the first line of defense, the OL, fails. If the OL fails too often, screens and checkdowns become less effective.

• Like 1

Oh man are we in trouble.  We meaning the entire NFL.

If local Houston radio is to be believed, their top 3 WR are combining for 4500 yards & their underrated TE group is gonna chip in another 1200 yards.

Conservatively speaking, the remainder of their WR group after Hopkins/Fuller/Coutee will get about 500 yards, and their rb group will get about 1000 yards.

So, Watson will throw for 7200 yards this year.  Case closed.  Why are we even playing the season?

49 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Oh man are we in trouble.  We meaning the entire NFL.

If local Houston radio is to be believed, their top 3 WR are combining for 4500 yards & their underrated TE group is gonna chip in another 1200 yards.

Conservatively speaking, the remainder of their WR group after Hopkins/Fuller/Coutee will get about 500 yards, and their rb group will get about 1000 yards.

So, Watson will throw for 7200 yards this year.  Case closed.  Why are we even playing the season?

Doesn’t matter if you cannot get the ball to them

14 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Great move. I love it. Now if we could only acquire Trent Williams somehow...

Long time no see! I think it's not a bad value trade at all, always quite liked Johnson as a RB. 

Trent Williams may well be available but at what price? 2nd rounder at least you'd think. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Long time no see! I think it's not a bad value trade at all, always quite liked Johnson as a RB. 

Trent Williams may well be available but at what price? 2nd rounder at least you'd think. 

Yep! I thought I’d poke my head in with the season just around the corner. At this point I think the relationship between Williams and Washington is unsalvageable. I hate parting with early round picks on older veterans, but he’s the kind of guy to help make a massive turnaround on a bad unit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yea my bad, i finished it and lazily didnt feel like changing it before submitting. 🥴 I will probably make another change or 2 and repost a final version by draft day anyways, so…
    • One thing I have never done is meet Peyton Manning. I have been to around 50 home games during my Fandom from 1987-2013 regarding going to games. I met Jim Harbaugh and got his autograph when I went to the Chargers game in 1996. He chatted with me for around 2 or 3 minutes. Called me Bud over and over and was so nice and he kept smiling at my mom  . I was only 25 then. Just going to the Masters alone had to be a treat but talking to Peyton had to be the cherry on top. Great stuff man.
    • I just thought I would take this opportunity to brag a bit about the fact that I had the opportunity to chat with Peyton at the Masters last week for about 5 minutes.  Truly a bucket list experience and I must say, he has the Southern Hospitality that one might expect but wow- did not expect to run into him and it was quite the experience.  It just had to be the one place left on earth where cell phones are banned, so no picture opportunity unfortunately.   I told Peyton that my first Colts experience was riding to Buffalo in a blizzard when the Colts were 14-0 and they benched him only to lose that game. I said thanks for my first Colts experience being one where he was riding the pine.  He laughed, apologized to me and said that if it was up to him he would have been checking down in that snow storm for 4 quarters.  He thanked me for the support, and was asking me a bit about myself, where I am from, etc.  Quite the gentleman! I think it was obligatory for him to be nice to patrons while he was wearing his Green Jacket, but none the less....a great experience meeting a childhood hero. Lynn Swann walked up to us while we were talking and shook Peyton's hand.  I joked that now was the perfect time for a 10 yard slant- and then slid into the bushes like Homer Simpson with humility.    Unforgettable experience everyone!   Would love to hear some of your Peyton stories from over the years, since it is a bit of a slow time of year before the draft! Let it fly Colts fans  
    • I agree.  I think this is another one of those over-hyped QB classes that will probably never perform to the level of the hype. But -- teams still need a quarterback.  And will convince themselves that that must take one of these quarterbacks.  That it's the only solution to their problem.  If I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Heisman winner Jayden Daniels.  I'm concerned that Caleb Williams may have some personality issues to go with his lack of measurables, even though he shows strong ability to improvise.  Drake Maye has the measurables, but I have questions regarding the level of opposition playing at UNC.  It's not the same as playing the equivalent of the Crimson Tide every single week.  JJ McCarthy is "good".  And he's been successful.  He led his team to a BCS championship.  And?  I see him in the same mold as AJ McCarron.  Supremely successful in college, but not good enough to be The Guy in the pros.
    • Right. KC was also a perennial playoff team prior to Mahomes taking over. The Colts are a fringe playoff team at best, until we see if AR can lift the roster.    And to your point, Veach took over the summer before Mahomes’ rookie year. Hard to compare how KC’s FO approach with Dorsey at GM (for several years) vs. when Veach took over. It seems like Ballard has been more like Dorsey and Veach might just operate differently from both of them.    If Ballard wanted to follow the Veach KC model, he sure waited a long time to do it once Luck retired. 
  • Members