Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st preseason game. What do you want?

Myles

24 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I agree however, Luck is a slow starter in most games. That's just who he is. He has really been a slow starter coming out of pre season and it's possibly due to his limited action in those games. 

Anyone who says they aren’t concerned about a slow start or how his calf will hold up is just lying to themselves. There is concern for both. We don’t have to panic but we should be concerned. We have to hope  the defense can get us through a game or two if that happens. Plus hoping lucks calf holds up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm quite the opposite.   I don't care if they win or lose as long as they use the practice time effectively.  

The end result is meaningless. The amount of information you collect and take away from the game is everything as far as roster construction and developing young players. 

They'll be very vanilla on offense and defense as the matchups and individual performances are what is important for evaluation purposes. They'll get better as a unit over the next 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Meh...I don't care what happens as long as they win the game.

You're joking right?

A win in the preseason is meaningless.

It's all the other stuff that happens that is actually meaningful...  Injuries, penalties, missed assignments, wrong routes, didn't know the play, didn't make the play, couldn't find their helmet, etc.

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The end result is meaningless. The amount of information you collect and take away from the game is everything as far as roster construction and developing young players. 

Wins and losses are meaningless. no injuries and #2 QB getting work is valuable.  I just want to see us play, I have always loved our uniforms, the best in all of football.   They are iconic, traditional, just sublime!

19 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I want to see how our young pass rushers are progressing with Turay, Banogu, Lewis, and Mohammed. 

No doubt. I need to see more of the pass rush...

Just now, ThaCaliColt said:

No doubt. I need to see more of the pass rush...Period...

13 minutes ago, relkins said:

Say goodbye to walker

I agree.    Kelly looked solid.   I know it is way too early, but I feel better about Kelly taking over the backup QB spot when Brissett is gone next season.  

I think as a first preseason game it gave us some important information about the strengths and weaknesses of our second and third string players. I don't know what others were expecting from this game, but I thought it accomplished exactly what it was supposed to do. Let's see where we go from here.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Brissett kind of looked like crap too Kelly lit the offense the second he hit the field.

I'm not too worried about Brissett.   

If we only carry 2 QB's on the roster, I assume Kelly will be on the practice squad.   Can he be snagged by another team?

Like to see some glimpse of being able to run the ball or stop the run.  1st team was extremely disappointing on both sides.  YES, I know it is preseason, but it is preseason for the Bills too.  If not for some bad plays by Buffalo(snapping the ball over the Qb's head) the Bills would have scored much more meanwhile the Colts couldn't get a 1st down until the 3rd, 4th and lower stringers went in to play.