Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown Frostbitten feet

Restinpeacesweetchloe

40 minutes ago, King Colt said:

So the story is he loses $30,000,000 if he sits out this year. Let's see the extent of his conviction not to play unless he gets his favorite teddy bear.

He's already made a ton, yes? OTOH, he wont pass up adding more.  And his arbitration case isn't final... yet.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Obviously he is gonna play.   

Yes, at some I think he does as well. His feet will get better and either he gets to keep his old helmet (doubtful) or eventually finds an iteration one of 32 approved models he can try to deal with -- just like Tom Brady.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/tom-brady-is-sort-of-on-antonio-browns-side-in-helmet-mess/

22 hours ago, King Colt said:

Latest news is he is headed back to camp. Nice try AB.

Get this, Brown lost his arbitration case (no big surprise) on his helmet. However, if one of those that has a manufactured date in 2010 or beyond, he can have that painted and use it.

Thus, he has sent out a message on social media that if someone has one, he'll swap a new/signed Raiders helmet to them for it in exchange.  The tweet, and responses are hilarious-

https://tinyurl.com/y543ev8o

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe he could wrap the foot protectors he failed to wear around his head go with that. After, all with a head like he has why worry about protecting it?

Let's see what transpires 9/29 @ 1:00 pm with him...

if he still needs protectors on head and feet etc...

Hopefully Derek Carr is having an off day... {sigh}

49 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So AB has left raiders camp again. His helmet faked a lab test. You can’t make this stuff up.

And now Michael Mayock (Raiders GM and orchestrator of the trade for AB) is saying in the media that AB needs to be either all-in or all-out "right now".

This is a massive dumpster fire.

Start the clock.

How long before both Mayock and Gruden are out?  One year?  Two years?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Mark Davis wont fire Jon Gruden anytime within the next few years after giving him a 10 year, $100 million contract. (Yes, coaches contracts are almost always fully guaranteed).

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

And now Michael Mayock (Raiders GM and orchestrator of the trade for AB) is saying in the media that AB needs to be either all-in or all-out "right now".

This is a massive dumpster fire.

Start the clock.

Good....

They have no one to blame but themselves.... because Antonio Brown is a head case the likes of which we haven’t seen since Terrell Owens.... and they knew it.

Talk about high maintenance? He makes the space shuttle look like a paper airplane.

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Mark Davis wont fire Jon Gruden anytime within the next few years after giving him a 10 year, $100 million contract. (Yes, coaches contracts are almost always fully guaranteed).

We just may need to put to the test Gruden's quote when he was hired:  "If I fail, I won't take the Raiders' money."  Uh huh.

23 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

We just may need to put to the test Gruden's quote when he was hired:  "If I fail, I won't take the Raiders' money."  Uh huh.

Yes, I remember that. Problem is, he didn't define what fail is (likely a lot different than either yours or mine) and over what time period.

He won't be going anywhere for awhile.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, I remember that. Problem is, he didn't define what fail is (likely a lot different than either yours or mine) and over what time period.

He won't be going anywhere for awhile.

Ya know what?  I'm gonna double down on my opinion.  So much so, that I was considering starting an entirely new thread.

Jon Gruden was the Uber Fantasy pick for becoming a head coach.  He was successful wherever he coached.  He was fun to watch on television.  And the Raiders plopped down this unheard of 10 year contract on him to get him to coach.

And what did he do?

He traded away their two best players.  One of which was one of the best players in the league.

And they wound up 4-12.  Yuck.

The next year, the Raiders hire Mike Mayock, also of TV fame, to be their GM.  Mayock's first move?  To trade a 3 and a 5 for 31 year old head case Antonio Brown.  And AB didn't disappoint.  Whether it's his frostbitten feet, or his feud with the NFL over his helmet, either way, the team would have been better had he simply not been traded for.  (They should have traded for Devin Funchess.  ehem ehem.)

No matter what else happens, Gruden and Mayock will be known for these two moves.  And it's my opinion that their credibility is pretty much in the toilet.

The only way their credibility gets salvaged is that their two draft choices that they got for the guys they lost (RB Josh Jacobs - Alabama and S Jonathan Abram - Mississippi St) turn out to be great players, and they have at least an 8-8 season this year.

Anything else, and they're sunk.  There won't be enough dunce caps for the two of them, plus the team owner who hired them.

I'm not holding my breath.

33 minutes ago, twfish said:

I like the theory that this hit gave him so much CTE that he turned into a diva 

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or serious, but brain damage can result in deficiencies in regulating emotions, impulsive behavior, & general executive functions of the brain. So, yes.

Also very possibly that it didn’t affect him at all and he’s always been this way¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 hours ago, Four2itus said:

It would be my guess that the Steeler front office is high fiving right now.

"Dodged a huge bullet....gentlemen"

I'd guess relieved, and moving forward.  They have work to do.

Somehow I thought people thought the Steelers got fleeced back then 'only' getting a 3 and a 5.  Even NFL network-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021716/article/steelers-trade-antonio-brown-to-raiders-who-won-who-lost

Then things play out and...

It's not over though.  AB could make Gruden/Mayock golden again.  We'll see.  But he has to find an approved helmet he can deal with.  I don't see an arbitrator allowing him an extended grace period for his old one.