Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown Frostbitten feet

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Well, I've never been in a cryotherapy machine but I was talking to someone last week who does this all the time.  She said they have a person right there the whole time you are in there.  Surely one of their jobs is to not let you in without the proper footwear.

Weird that you have to wear shoes when the rest of you is naked imo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm hearing news that he will be fine. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but very lucky it wasn't worse.

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

hes probably alright, listed as day to day

Looks pretty nasty if you ask me....  

ab feet.jpg

16 hours ago, Nadine said:

Well, I've never been in a cryotherapy machine but I was talking to someone last week who does this all the time.  She said they have a person right there the whole time you are in there.  Surely one of their jobs is to not let you in without the proper footwear.

You make the best point.

I don't know how he was allowed to do this..

You don't use this machine by yourself

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

ive seen that, the doctors have him as day to day 

seems like people in here want to him to be hurt

Oh.... well if he's "day to day" then I guess he'll be back within 7 days.

He's still a blithering dunce and recklessly irresponsible for getting himself in the situation he's in.

9 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Oh.... well if he's "day to day" then I guess he'll be back within 7 days.

He's still a blithering dunce and recklessly irresponsible for getting himself in the situation he's in.

it sounds like you dont care for him very much

i have nothing against him, i think hes actually a lot of fun to watch too. (when hes not playing the colts)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it sounds like you dont care for him very much

i have nothing against him, i think hes actually a lot of fun to watch too. (when hes not playing the colts)

He’s been a great WR and who knows?.... he might be the nicest guy in the world... but what he did was just plain stupid and/or negligent.... and it hurt him and his team.

So it sounds like discord has already been brewing since OTAs because of a required helmet change.

Then can you imagine him showing up with frost bitten feet and not practicing, and now they don’t know where he is??

Crazy. 

Not to defend AB but sometimes equipment is important    

If the IHSAA had made an edict and disallowed the special helmet I had to wear I would have had to quit

This AB situation reminds me of the recent story of the Euro. Basketball player who was banned for 2 years after he tested pregnant 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, King Colt said:

Now A#$&*^% Brown has stated if he can't wear his old helmet banned by the PA and the NFL he will quit football. Brown stated earlier today, "WHA-A-A-A, WHA-A-A-A, WHA-A-A-A". Brown also said, "I want my mommy!"

The fact this is THE news story in NFL sports is whack.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:55 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Not to defend AB but sometimes equipment is important    

If the IHSAA had made an edict and disallowed the special helmet I had to wear I would have had to quit

I agree, and it can go beyond the surface and become personal.  Certainly comfort, feel, fit, and vision window factor in as well, and being used to a specific helmet model substantiates that.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, King Colt said:

Gruden is siding with Brown. Likes attract.

Brown has worn that (model) helmet his entire career. But he (and others like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, etc...) were given notice last year that helmet model (reportedly a Schutt Air Advantage) would not be re-certified (because it's not manufactured anymore) by NOSCAE / SEI, and is over 10 years old design.

CTE and concussions are NFL concerns. However, even with advanced helmet models, concussions aren't prevented. Remember Brian Cushing? He suffered a concussion in his very first game wearing the new tech Vicis Zero1 helmet in 2017.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/09/16/news/companies/vicis-nfl-helmet-concussions-safety/index.html

Helmets never were and aren't concussion preventing devices.  Question is, how much does the new technology help (with quantifiable data) to reduce them? 

Brown's helmet had previously tested at the lower rung of acceptable in previous years, and I bet that is one item Brown argued in an arbitration call last Friday (and how NHL grandfathered in Vets preferences when they mandate a new helmet rule, etc.)  And I know I feel less comfortable when I get a new pair of eyeglasses, or shoes, or ...

But Brown cant practice or play in that old equipment (thus can't get paid) until he complies or the arbitrator makes a ruling in his favor.  Interesting to see how this plays out.

Wait until the Raiders start losing. It could get to be hilarious for everyone except the Raiders.

prima donna

[ˌprēmə ˈdänə]

NOUN

the chief female singer in an opera or opera company.

synonyms:

leading soprano · leading lady · diva · (opera) star · protagonist · heroine · principal singer · female lead · songbird

a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, richard pallo said:

Just when you think you've heard it all then this news shows up.  It's so crazy I still can't believe a grown man would do something like that.  His career could be in jeopardy.  This news is totally nuts. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:55 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This story is insane haha . He may never play again. Thank God we didn't go after him.

He will recover fine, probably well before game 1.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:03 AM, Nadine said:

Here's Dr. Chao's take on the situation (not really frostbite) below

On 8/7/2019 at 8:20 PM, pacolts56 said:

Looks pretty nasty if you ask me....  

ab feet.jpg

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/pro-football-doc/story/2019-08-07/profootballdoc-antonio-brown-feet-frostbite-raiders

Article above ↑  explains how they got that way.  Excerpt-

"My opinion is that Brown was suffering from macerated feet from too much moisture while training. In some ways, this is a milder form of “trench foot” seen in soldiers from World War I. This medically seems to be the primary problem."

"Assuming Brown then used a cryotherapy machine without proper foot protection, in wet socks or with “wet” macerated feet, the cold would conduct against the moisture. It would then freeze the skin only on the moist soles of the outer layer of skin on his feet and not on his toes, tops of his feet or arch."

• Like 3