Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP on Ernie Simms

IndyTrav

also people need to relize his attitude WILL change(simms) or he wont play,simple as that the colts franchize

wouldnt have picked him up if they didnt think he could pick the system they run up and go with it,have faith in the polian's

obviouslly they know what they are doing (cough)austin collie(cough)pierre garcon.......who were they before they were colts?

I believe in blue! This franchise has got the most out of its players, I would venture to say..more then other teams,right? For all true Colts fans we all seen our defenses over the past years get shredded, as Manning & Co stood impatiently on the sideline awaiting another chance to get on the field. With the FA aquisitions,draft,existing personnel and (Larry Coyers vision for THIS TEAM, OUR BELOVED COLTS) we finally have something to be excited for on the defensive side of the ball since the 'eraser'(Bob Sanders) was flying all over the field as a wreckless missle striking opponets down with unpresidented force...we all need to get optimistic for this upcoming season! Tommy Harris,Nevis,Foster,Johnson(nice to get back),Anderson,Freeney,Mathis,Hughes(can we say upgrade on the D Line?) Now to what Sims can & will bring...as we saw when Brackett went down last yr, Angerer filled in nicely & after settling in became a solid ILB. A rookie,yet smart enough to still lead the defense as the qb of the unit. Him alone is enough to get excited about or LB corp...add last yrs other rookie who filled in for Session(Connor) which he played above most expctations as well. Bring in Ernie Sims to go with these two young up and coming staples in a defense long overdue to make a splaash...Let's play now...Brackett is a good middle LB,great captain & leader( he will solidify this group into Elite status as the revamped D Line stuffs the gaps and gets after the Qb...I am juiced that Irsay,Polian & Co have finally seen what each of us has seen as weakness and strengthened it NOW...( I will leave the O Line additions for another post) we will be better, NFL..here comes the blue stampede AGAIN!!!

When Clint was down the starting lineup was Angerer, Brackett, Conner. What are you talking about? They had more faith in two rookies, one a 7th rounder, than Wheeler.

Are you related to the guy?

You must have been watching in your own little world, because no one else saw him "doing his thing".

no it was brackett clint and wheeler because wheeler took hagler's place then angerer came along

Wheeler is not going to be starting any time soon. If anyone on this team is a "Whiffer" it's Wheeler.

We need Angerer to play like Morris did when he was on the strong side, which he has shown plenty of since he's been here.

We need Brackett to be the leader and excel in coverage and simply make plays like he always has.

And Sims will be the WLB, free to roam and use his speed to make plays.

Sims is a perfect fit for this defense, unlike what he was seeing in Philadelphia. The guy had 124, 134, and 113 tackles in his three seasons with the Lion's in the Tampa 2 scheme. They switched with Schwartz, and started needing the bigger, stronger LBs... where Sims did not fit.

As far as I'm concerned, if Sims does happen to have a tough start, Conner didn't look too bad in that spot. I've lost any hope for Wheeler though. Guy seems to be winning the body fat percentage contest though:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/8/1/1600071/philip-wheeler-tweets-his-body-fat

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/7/28/2300679/philip-wheeler-tweets-his-body-fat

If he cared about technique as much as he seems to care about his body fat, he might actually make a heckuva player.