Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Hark

Hypothetical: What if #12 doesn't play this year?

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Brissett would have to be top 10 for that to happen. 

I'm not so sure.   Granted the balls would need to bounce in our favor, but the defense has potential to be top 5 and the O-line should be very good.  If we can run the ball efficiently, we could win with above average play at QB.   

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are not the jags with Bortles. We have so many more weapons.

The only proven weapons right now are Hilton and the TE's. Campbell is a rookie, Cain hasn't played a down yet, Funchess still has to prove it (although he looked great in training camp). With Luck, we have a top 5 offense. With Brissett, you have to downgrade everyone on the receiving core.

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not so sure.   Granted the balls would need to bounce in our favor, but the defense has potential to be top 5 and the O-line should be very good.  If we can run the ball efficiently, we could win with above average play at QB.   

I see it as a situation where we would beat the bad teams and lose to the good teams. Tough schedule means 7-8 wins for me, though Brissett could surprise this year. I guess I just need to see it from him first as I'm slightly pessimistic right now.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I'm reviving a dead thread just so people can see if they still feel the same.

I'm switching up.   I said 5-7 wins.   Now I'm thinking more like 7-8 wins.   Mostly because now he won't be thrown in unexpectedly.  

Now that you've boosted the ceiling from 7 to 8, I feel so much better.  :)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, #12. said:

Now that you've boosted the ceiling from 7 to 8, I feel so much better.  :)

Ha ha.   I actually put the ceiling at 11 games but think most likely 8.

My full range would be 6-11 wins.

If you think about it we already won games as a team last year where Andrew was not the reason we won. The cowboys game comes to mind. That is the blue print on how we win games this year.

Ill tell you this I think Brissett will shock us in a good way. A superior line in front of him, good blocking and receiving backs, fast and tall receivers and tight ends. A defense that has something to prove and I really think Turay and Houston are going to eating QB's lunches this season